Colgate Univ offseason speculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate Univ offseason speculations

I called the Colgate box office for tickets to the Cape Cod game yesterday. Jamie told me they are selling quickly and that capacity at the facility is 2000. Of the 2000 there are 150 comps. They also have a few hundred they are selling at the box office at the Hyannis facility.

All that to say, if you're thinking of taking that game in you better get your tix this week.
    The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Never been....We going to see you this year ???
      Yep. for sure

Comment

Called for more tix to the Cape game today and I was told it is sold out. I guess one way to sell out a home game is to play it on Cape Cod!

Comment

Wow RPI is taking a beating this summer. First D'amigo and now Pirri.

That really hurts the future when you lose your 2 best players after their freshman seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterrooter View Post

That really hurts the future when you lose your 2 best players after their freshman seasons.
            Only hurts the near future.

Do you guys have any potential worries of any of your players leaving early for the pro's within the next couple of years?

Comment

Actually, this helps their future. RPI is now back the NHL map as a serious talent producer, and other top recruits who want to be NHL players are going to see RPI as a place where they can develop.

Comment

Totally disagree with that helping RPI recruit because they develop players. Both players were there one year.

RPI did very little to develop them in the 7 month time frame. Both were very good players when they got there.

Also Pirri was the 59th pick in the draft, he was on the NHL map way before last year.

Comment

Totally disagree with that helping RPI recruit because they develop players. Both players were there one year.

RPI did very little to develop them in the 7 month time frame. Both were very good players when they got there.

Also Pirri was the 59th pick in the draft, he was on the NHL map way before last year.
                  They were both on the NHL map before last season. The argument is being made that neither had the bulk nor results to make the NHL roster before playing last season with the Engineers. Documentation says that D'Amigo gained twenty pounds between showing up at RPI and the Leafs prospect camp. There was also an article in May about Pirri bulking up so much that he had to get an entirely new wardrobe. No one is saying that they didn't have the raw talent or weren't being scouted.

While these departures hurt (one would've been survivable, but both definitely hurts), RPI is being put back on the map as a potential place to develop into an NHL player. This can only help with the recruiting process.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Anyone following the ECAC or RPI (or hockey for that matter) knew that they were not gonna play 4 yrs...anything past one year wouldve been gravy. I personally think Pirri is making a mistake...but the NHL CBA has changed the landscape for top players. Jerry's rise has been rapid and hard earned.
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-25-2010, 02:43 PM.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I bet stock did rise in "HGH"
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Yesterday was Andy McDonald's b-day -- 33.

Comment

Colgate's game at Princeton in early January, originally scheduled for Jan. 8 has been moved to Sunday, Jan. 9 so as to accomodate national television. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU.

Comment

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I was told one of the freshman broke their ankle yesterday at practice. GR any info who it is?

I Hope it's a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                              Actually, this helps their future. RPI is now back the NHL map as a serious talent producer, and other top recruits who want to be NHL players are going to see RPI as a place where they can develop.
                              I agree that they had the goods before they arrived. However, I'm sure no one ever thought they would be "one and done". As a matter of fact, both should have spent another year. If they developed so much in that one year, why not leave them? At least that way you save an AHL salary and they continue to develop and get their degree at a fine institution! But this is a Colgate board....sorry for the intrusion. Go 'Gate......hail to Hickey's Tavern!!
                              Last edited by hockeymascot; 09-01-2010, 08:01 AM.
                              Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                                Colgate's game at Princeton in early January, originally scheduled for Jan. 8 has been moved to Sunday, Jan. 9 so as to accomodate national television. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU.
                                Princeton sure is getting a lot of ESPNU exposure; I know we played this same national game last year.

I'm not able to see the TV schedules from where I am posting, but is our match at Starr going to be on TWCS again this coming up year?

Comment

Working...
                                X