PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Univ offseason speculations

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Hokydad
08-15-2010, 05:19 AM
stupid comment on my part
was talking to a scout from bluejackets who aid that larkin is doing so well and was so improved at dev camp that he cant see them not making a huge push afer season.
larkin of course will graduate, very bright grounded kid
his goal though is pro hockey and an always go back and get degree
hoefully he will do whats best for him, either way

Wicked Slappaahs
08-16-2010, 12:22 PM
stupid comment on my part
was talking to a scout from bluejackets who said that larkin is doing so well and was so improved at dev camp that he cant see them not making a huge push afer season.
larkin of course will graduate, very bright grounded kid
his goal though is pro hockey and can always go back and get degree
hoefully he will do whats best for him, either way

"...Is today Ground Hog's Day ? :D

Wicked Slappaahs
08-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Tyler Burton has left his German team due to ongoing knee issues...

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/members/colgate/20101208_BurtonRosenheimEndContract

hockeyenthusiast
08-16-2010, 04:15 PM
"...Is today Ground Hog's Day ? :D

Wicked, I wish there was a like option for comments in this forum.

FlagDUDE08
08-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Wicked, I wish there was a like option for comments in this forum.

What is this, Facebook?! Might as well add in some apps as well. On Rinkville, will someone zamboni my ice? :D

I look forward to making the short drive to Starr this year. Obviously I'm hoping for a different outcome, but it'll still be a good time.

Gaterrooter
08-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I called the Colgate box office for tickets to the Cape Cod game yesterday. Jamie told me they are selling quickly and that capacity at the facility is 2000. Of the 2000 there are 150 comps. They also have a few hundred they are selling at the box office at the Hyannis facility.

All that to say, if you're thinking of taking that game in you better get your tix this week.

doghok
08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Never been....We going to see you this year ???

Yep. for sure

Gaterrooter
08-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Called for more tix to the Cape game today and I was told it is sold out. I guess one way to sell out a home game is to play it on Cape Cod!

Gaterrooter
08-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Wow RPI is taking a beating this summer. First D'amigo and now Pirri.

That really hurts the future when you lose your 2 best players after their freshman seasons.

FlagDUDE08
08-24-2010, 11:53 AM

That really hurts the future when you lose your 2 best players after their freshman seasons.

Only hurts the near future.

Do you guys have any potential worries of any of your players leaving early for the pro's within the next couple of years?

Puck Swami
08-24-2010, 12:23 PM

Actually, this helps their future. RPI is now back the NHL map as a serious talent producer, and other top recruits who want to be NHL players are going to see RPI as a place where they can develop.

Gaterrooter
08-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Totally disagree with that helping RPI recruit because they develop players. Both players were there one year.

RPI did very little to develop them in the 7 month time frame. Both were very good players when they got there.

Also Pirri was the 59th pick in the draft, he was on the NHL map way before last year.

burgie12
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Totally disagree with that helping RPI recruit because they develop players. Both players were there one year.

RPI did very little to develop them in the 7 month time frame. Both were very good players when they got there.

Also Pirri was the 59th pick in the draft, he was on the NHL map way before last year.
They were both on the NHL map before last season. The argument is being made that neither had the bulk nor results to make the NHL roster before playing last season with the Engineers. Documentation says that D'Amigo gained twenty pounds between showing up at RPI and the Leafs prospect camp. There was also an article in May about Pirri bulking up so much that he had to get an entirely new wardrobe. No one is saying that they didn't have the raw talent or weren't being scouted.

While these departures hurt (one would've been survivable, but both definitely hurts), RPI is being put back on the map as a potential place to develop into an NHL player. This can only help with the recruiting process.

Wicked Slappaahs
08-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Anyone following the ECAC or RPI (or hockey for that matter) knew that they were not gonna play 4 yrs...anything past one year wouldve been gravy. I personally think Pirri is making a mistake...but the NHL CBA has changed the landscape for top players. Jerry's rise has been rapid and hard earned.

sshablak
08-25-2010, 07:16 AM
I bet stock did rise in "HGH" :D

Gotter
08-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Yesterday was Andy McDonald's b-day -- 33.

'Gate Radio
08-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Colgate's game at Princeton in early January, originally scheduled for Jan. 8 has been moved to Sunday, Jan. 9 so as to accomodate national television. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU.

Gaterrooter
08-31-2010, 07:07 AM
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I was told one of the freshman broke their ankle yesterday at practice. GR any info who it is?

I Hope it's a speedy recovery.

hockeymascot
09-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Actually, this helps their future. RPI is now back the NHL map as a serious talent producer, and other top recruits who want to be NHL players are going to see RPI as a place where they can develop.

I agree that they had the goods before they arrived. However, I'm sure no one ever thought they would be "one and done". As a matter of fact, both should have spent another year. If they developed so much in that one year, why not leave them? At least that way you save an AHL salary and they continue to develop and get their degree at a fine institution! But this is a Colgate board....sorry for the intrusion. Go 'Gate......hail to Hickey's Tavern!!

FlagDUDE08
09-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Colgate's game at Princeton in early January, originally scheduled for Jan. 8 has been moved to Sunday, Jan. 9 so as to accomodate national television. The game will be broadcast on ESPNU.

Princeton sure is getting a lot of ESPNU exposure; I know we played this same national game last year.

I'm not able to see the TV schedules from where I am posting, but is our match at Starr going to be on TWCS again this coming up year?