Clarkson 2010-2011 Thread: The Dark Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson 2010-2011 Thread: The Dark Knight

I am shcoked and appalled that there isn't a thread for Clarkson. I know that we haven't been up to our standards as of late, but come on people. It's time to wake up and get motivated. The program has a great history, but no one's stepping up so I will.

LET'S GO TECH!!
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Re: Clarkson 2010-2011 Thread: The Dark Knight

Most Clarkson folks are found over at the Roundtable.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I understand that they are at the Roundtable, but I'm sure there a few Tech fans on the board.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Mountie Boy

My posts on the roundtable speak for themselves. The trend has been heading downward and I don't know if it is short term or long term.

The rest of our sports stink, too.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Mountie Boy

My posts on the roundtable speak for themselves. The trend has been heading downward and I don't know if it is short term or long term.

The rest of our sports stink, too.
          Certainly your football team stinks.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            And so does ours.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

That's a strange statement to make Ralph, Clarkson football has been undefeated since 1945.
              And if we die, before the battle's through, tell your mom, tell your dad, we were super rad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Gobe View Post
                Clarkson football has been undefeated since 1945.
                Quinnipiac is undefeated since 1929 and we have the t-shirt to prove it!
                Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 05-12-2010, 02:44 PM.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I have often checked the Roundtable (as a disinterested observer), and I believe I know why participation is going downhill--it's almost entirely about Clarkson sports, especially hockey. For a look at a FAR more successful endeavor, check out the SLU thread on this board (um--if you can find it), and you'll see that it rarely has ANYTHING to do with sports, other than the occasional muskie-fishing references: not that there's anything wrong with that!
                  Of course, anything SLU is way more betterer than CU, but my point is this: during the offseason (or during a looong season), it's OK to talk about ANYTHING on a fan forum. This forum is interesting, and the more outlandish it is, the more proof there is that our expensive degrees are useful for something! QED.

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                    Of course, anything SLU is way more betterer than CU ....
                    Nice spelling ... with the spell-checker active no less. I am thinking that unlike most students (for whom SLU was their safety school), for you SLU was your stretch goal. True?

Comment

We are here Mountieboy...alive and well....Onward and upward!

Class of 2010--- Matt Zarbo USHL, Allan McPherson CJHL, Ben Sexton BCHL, David Pratt CCHL, Will Frederick and Mike Garlasco EJHL...looking forward to their arrival.

We have a real good class lined up for 2011--Luke Juha, Zach Shapiro, Mitch Zion, Peter Sakaris.....we also welcome our first recruit of 2012 Kevin Tansey D Cumberland CJHL.

LET'S GO TECH ! ! !
                      Last edited by drewcu; 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input, RS. And for illustrating my point. Oh--excuse me--I meant illistrating. No, wait--it's illastr--demonstrating! Whew! I almost wish I'd gone to Ylae (sp?) after all. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                          Nice spelling ... with the spell-checker active no less. I am thinking that unlike most students (for whom SLU was their safety school), for you SLU was your stretch goal. True?
                          Nice.

Do the words "tongue in cheek" mean anything to you? You might want to go back and read that post again.

Comment

I shouldn't admit this, but I have been reading the Roundtable ever since it started, and only now do I realize that the name was chosen in reference to the (Golden) Knights of the Roundtable.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I shouldn't admit this, but I have been reading the Roundtable ever since it started, and only now do I realize that the name was chosen in reference to the (Golden) Knights of the Roundtable.
                              Do they eat ham and jam and spam-a-lot?

And apple2k, at least your spell checker doesn't give you a red colour for certain spellings.

Comment

Working...
                              X