• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Time for a new Wisconsin thread...
    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
    Originally posted by MadCityRich
    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Was wondering when someone would start this thing up. Was going to, but had nothing intelligent to say.

(Still don't I guess).

Comment

...who are you hoping to see on the bench with Coach Eaves next year?

Does Norwich give UW more cred in Canada? Shuchuk the same? I like the 1990 connection w/Schuchuk.

If Don Granato comes in, how long does he stay? I feel it might be a strike against him if Eaves feels like he's going to bolt in 1-2 years.

I haven't heard anything else on who else is being considered...

as for Oseicki and OSU, man that was a **** good hire for him to get Rohlik to join him. CCHA look out.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
        Time for a new Wisconsin thread...
        Thought we came to an understanding the last time you created a Wisconsin thread that we don't need to do "parts" or "offseason" threads.

This is the exchange we had the last time...

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        I understand why you did it. But We always run the Wisconsin threads to 1,000 posts no matter what. So in my opinion it doesn't make sense to do "parts" or "offseason" threads.

Because they end up running into each other and it looks stupid if you have an offseason thread in during the season, etc.
        Understood.

Comment

You should have started one then, Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
            You should have started one then, Chuck.
            A) I'm not intellegent enough to realize we were at 1,000 on the old one.
            B) I'm not creative enough to think of a good title.
            C) Shush

Comment

Kind of a depressing title, don't ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                Kind of a depressing title, don't ya think?
                No kidding. The rodent thread needs to have the word "aftermath" in it, not ours.

1. A consequence, especially of a disaster or misfortune: famine as an aftermath of drought.
                2. A period of time following a disastrous event: in the aftermath of war.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well Oz did just leave for OSU after KP left for the USHL, and two top notch blue liners are headed to the pro's...aftermath is fair IMHO.

The beauty of an aftermath is the revival that comes w/ it, and the 2010 recruiting class is looking pretty good.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                    Well Oz did just leave for OSU after KP left for the USHL, and two top notch blue liners are headed to the pro's...aftermath is fair IMHO.

The beauty of an aftermath is the revival that comes w/ it, and the 2010 recruiting class is looking pretty good.
                    Good points, although a revival isn't always a given. Tech has been waiting something like 859 years for a revival. And here's to hoping the rodent's revival is another 859 years out.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Good points, although a revival isn't always a given. Tech has been waiting something like 859 years for a revival. And here's to hoping the rodent's revival is another 859 years out.
                      W/ tDon and John Hill running the show and Stauber making the goalies worse each season they spend there, I'm hoping their trend continues.

Tech...well there isn't much hope for them.

I think the Badgers aren't in a bad spot next season barring anymore early departures past Brendan Smith; DU lost a lot of talent on top as well, but North Dakota, St Cloud and Duluth are looking strong.

Remember a top 6 finish next season gets home ice.
                      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                      Originally posted by UWisco
                      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                        W/ tDon and John Hill running the show and Stauber making the goalies worse each season they spend there, I'm hoping their trend continues.

Tech...well there isn't much hope for them.

I think the Badgers aren't in a bad spot next season barring anymore early departures past Brendan Smith; DU lost a lot of talent on top as well, but North Dakota, St Cloud and Duluth are looking strong.

Remember a top 6 finish next season gets home ice.
                        Yeah i think people are putting a little too much into B. Smith and Goloubef leaving. Gardiner will likely take B. Smith's roll on the PP and he is every bit as talented and will probably put up McBain type numbers there next season. Its not like we have some inexperienced freshman taking there place on the blueline, your looking at C. Johnson Springer and Little who have game experience and know the system so much better then there freshman years. The goaltending i think will be a notch or two better, Gudmandson got some great experience down the stretch that will only help him this year and with bennett pushing him i think Goody could be a top goaltender in the league next year.

Yes there will be a dip off in goal production next season but Stepan and C. Smith as the 1 and 2 centers, thats a pretty good start. (I think C. Smith will get moved to center next season) I think players like Lee, Turnbull and Murray will play key roles on the PP and one of them will put up Davies like numbers (his first 3 years) they won't come close to having the numbers davies had last season. It won't be as deep up front as last year but there are some goal scorers there as well as the BCHL kid coming in. UW will have to win some games with defense and goaltending, something EAves knows a little something about....
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Thought we came to an understanding the last time you created a Wisconsin thread that we don't need to do "parts" or "offseason" threads.

This is the exchange we had the last time...
                          Wow, you take this forum seriously, dont you? You said no off-season threads during the season and last time I checked, this is the offseason not the season.
                          Whatever. Clearly youre going to find a reason to criticize me no matter what I do.
                          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                          Originally posted by MadCityRich
                          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Wow, you take this forum seriously, dont you? You said no off-season threads during the season and last time I checked, this is the offseason not the season.
                            Whatever. Clearly youre going to find a reason to criticize me no matter what I do.
                            Tell me about it... i didn't know Wisconsin hockey threads had to be regulated like Wall street Bankers... Sometimes Uw hockey threads on this site seem like a dictatorship... I look at it as there are some people on this thread that could do with getting a life... but then again thats just one idiots opinion... :P
                            The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              Tell me about it... i didn't know Wisconsin hockey threads had to be regulated like Wall street Bankers... Sometimes Uw hockey threads on this site seem like a dictatorship... I look at it as there are some people on this thread that could do with getting a life... but then again thats just one idiots opinion... :P
                              We're all idiots... we just all happen to take Wisconsin Hockey more seriously than most.
                              Originally posted by solovsfett
                              To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Working...
                              X