Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I was with you until.......you're ****tin' me, right?
    I believe I said they didn't all have the same impact............. but he has had some pretty impressive numbers in the "A" since he departed.
    Old time hockey

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
      How did all that "talent" work out for you this past year? Oh, that's right you got crushed by BC when it counted. You guys weren't even in the same league as them. The only reason you even made the game was because your road there was against a bunch of high seed who upset the good teams. We you finally played a decent team you were exposed as the avg team you were!

...and by the way your "talent" that MN could only dream about having...well most of that "talent" was from MN and in reality the Gophs sloppy seconds. So you can lie to yourself if you want; but it doesn't make it true.

ps - Chuck Schwartz -hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
      Wisconsin got "sloppy seconds" under Sauer. Not Eaves. End of story.

and if you'd like to play that game The rats weren't in the running for players the caliber of Brendan Smith, Cody Goloubef, etc. but thanks for playing.

and last...you'd think rat fans would shut it since 6>5 but math just doesn't appear to be your strong suit
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Despite what's happened on the rink UM, UND and UW have all lost their fair share of high end talent the past several years and it doesn't look to change anytime soon. A pizzing match about which lost more is akin to arguing which has the taller father. I dislike UW as much as the next guy but I will never wish ill will on an opponent because that stuff comes around. Besides, if UM is going to ever become good enough to win consistently again it won't happen merely because their immediate rivals have a few missteps.

Good luck to UW as long as it doesn't come at the expense of UM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          *****http://www.jmorganmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/how-to-be-an-idiot.jpg******
          My self esteem just skyrocketed.
          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
            My self esteem just skyrocketed.
            Back for more, eh?
            Originally posted by solovsfett
            To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
              Back for more, eh?
              I've never left. Go Badgers.
              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake View Post
                I believe I said they didn't all have the same impact............. but he has had some pretty impressive numbers in the "A" since he departed.
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                  Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake View Post
                    RP shouldn't be given the time for a response, but if you are going to respond, you need to do better than this. Wisonsin had a much better season than Minnesota but in the end, they took home the same number of banners. A winning record against Denver means exactly what? I think both fan bases can agree, finishing second is not a goal for their program.
                    Next time I'll be sure to have you proofread my response.
                    A winning record against Denver means just that: a winning record against the top-ranked team in the country.
                    I agree that losing in the national championship game isnt a goal for any team, but at least the Badgers were in the game, not watching it at home on TV like the rodents were.
                    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      ****in' unbelievable! I hate the off season, but goofer comedy makes it move along!
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 07-09-2010, 04:36 PM.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                        Next time I'll be sure to have you proofread my response.
                        A winning record against Denver means just that: a winning record against the top-ranked team in the country.
                        I agree that losing in the national championship game isnt a goal for any team, but at least the Badgers were in the game, not watching it at home on TV like the rodents were.
                        Far be it from me to agree with a Gopher fan, but getting to the title game and losing it(badly) means just a little more than not making the tourney at all. Sorry, but our boys failed in the end.

At Wisconsin, and at Minnesota and UND for that matter, we only count National Titles.

I don't feel any more pride about last season than I do any time we didn't win it all. Don't confuse this for not being proud of the program, of which I am. Gotta win it all though to be counted amongst our great teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          At Wisconsin, and at Minnesota and UND for that matter, we only count National Titles.
                          I know that this won't work in our favor (as compared to our hated rivals), but I would think that Frozen Fours count as well. Perhaps more as a consolation prize or a tie-breaker, but it still means something to me.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Far be it from me to agree with a Gopher fan, but getting to the title game and losing it(badly) means just a little more than not making the tourney at all. Sorry, but our boys failed in the end.

I don't feel any more pride about last season than I do any time we didn't win it all. Don't confuse this for not being proud of the program, of which I am. Gotta win it all though to be counted amongst our great teams.
                            I disagree, there is a lot to be proud of as a Badger fan last season despite the final game's result. First Hobey Baker winner to an outstanding captain in Blake Geoffrion, makes last season a hell of a lot better than the 3 before it when the end result was the same: not a national championship.

At the raw end, yes the only meaningful goal is the National Championship, but I certainly don't equate seasons equally based upon JUST that result.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...onsin-to-Wings

Article on Brendan Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                                I disagree, there is a lot to be proud of as a Badger fan last season despite the final game's result. First Hobey Baker winner to an outstanding captain in Blake Geoffrion, makes last season a hell of a lot better than the 3 before it when the end result was the same: not a national championship.

At the raw end, yes the only meaningful goal is the National Championship, but I certainly don't equate seasons equally based upon JUST that result.
                                I just don't think there's a whole lot for us to rub in the Gopher fans faces. Yes, last season was more enjoyable than some, but I just think we're beyond regular season results, personal awards and final placement as fodder for bragging rights when talking to peer programs.

We're at the adult table.

Now if we were Mankato, we'd definitely be rubbing the same results in SCSU's face.

Comment

Working...
                                X