X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    Sounds like he pulled an Earl.
    Yeah except it's pretty widely suggested that Earl might not have been academically eligible for the next fall which led to him taking the pro offer.

Stepan on the other hand is a good student.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
      Bought student tickets today, $125 for the full slate of 25 games. Wonderful.
      Thats a good deal for season tickets. My season tickets are free. My girlfriend splits season tickets with a coworker (his grandmother has been a season ticket holder for 30 years, so we get awesome seats) and she refuses to let me pay for them. They only games I have to pay for are the ones I want to see that we dont end up getting tickets for (Minnesota, North Dakota).

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
      Wonderful except for the backup that was caused by football tickets! Seriously though, buying the tickets today really got me geared up for hockey to start.

I still have not figured out how to handle this offseason business.
      Same here. Summer is fun too, but I live for winter and hockey season.
      Originally posted by aktick View Post
      I dunno, I guess if hockey was played in summer it would be ideal, but I can wait for hockey season to start if it means having to go boating, grilling out, and sitting on my patio drinking every night. The horror!

You guys who are already eager for the season to start and can't wait have issues - you realize hockey season means ****ty weather, right?
      Thats a matter of opinion. I'll gladly take snow and cold over this 85 degree weather BS we are putting up with now.
      Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Yeah, I'm good on spectator hockey for right now. The Summer flies by fast enough as it is. It's almost the 4th already and from there it's all downhill and before we know it I'll be raking. I'm certainly not wishing away the Summer.

Some of you people need to branch out a bit.
      My obsession with hockey leaves little room for anything else.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
        I dunno, I guess if hockey was played in summer it would be ideal, but I can wait for hockey season to start if it means having to go boating, grilling out, and sitting on my patio drinking every night. The horror!

You guys who are already eager for the season to start and can't wait have issues - you realize hockey season means ****ty weather, right?
        To be honest, I just said I miss hockey season...not everything that goes with it!

I think it would be great to have a warm grillout, go to a hockey game and then enjoy some State Street bars on a nice summer night, but that would just be getting greedy. I am more talking about the sports void I have right now. Baseball is ok, but the compared to NCAA, NHL and NFL...it just does not do it for me!

It is kind of nice coming into a season without big expectations. With all of off-season losses, most people will not give us a chance. It would be nice to exceed our expected "place" and also develop some of the young talent for future years!

Off to the terrace for some Hopalicious pitchers before more rain...I guess I COULD get used to this summer business
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
          I think it would be great to have a warm grillout, go to a hockey game and then enjoy some State Street bars on a nice summer night, but that would just be getting greedy.
          Ewww, that would just be wrong. It just wouldnt seem like hockey season without walking through downtown to the Kohl in the chilly air. Im sure that Im probably in the minority on that one though. Not everyone is crazy like me and actually loves winter.
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

On Second Thought

6'0", 185 lb. Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) center Matt Lindblad, who decommitted from Dartmouth last week, has now decided to honor his commitment to the Big Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              On Second Thought

6'0", 185 lb. Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL) center Matt Lindblad, who decommitted from Dartmouth last week, has now decided to honor his commitment to the Big Green.
              Already being discussed in our recruiting thread.

Comment

• Need Help from Badger Fans

Sorry to slightly detour this thread, however I figured if I had a question about Badger hockey this would be the place to post.

I collect game-used hockey jerseys and recently acquired the jersey below (after about a decade of hunting one down). I have searched and searched online for a photo of David in this jersey but have come up empty. Do any of you have any images from back in this era that might be able to help me find a photo? I'm also guessing a good source would be programs or yearbooks, but I don't have too many Bagers items in my publications library.

Thanks in advance for your reply. You can either post here or email me directly (info@johnsonsjerseys.net).

David Tanabe -- University of Wisconsin Badgers -- 1998-99

Dave Tanabe
                Defense
                Born Jul 19 1980 -- White Bear Lake, MN
                Height 6.01 -- Weight 212 -- Shoots R
                Selected by Carolina Hurricanes round 1 #16 overall 1999 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
                Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                1997-98 U.S. Junior National Team USHL 21 1 3 4 18 -- -- -- -- --
                1997-98 U.S. National Under-18 Te NAHL 12 1 2 3 10
                1998-99 U. of Wisconsin NCAA 35 10 12 22 44
                1999-00 Cincinnati Cyclones IHL 32 0 13 13 14 11 1 4 5 6
                1999-00 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 31 4 0 4 14 -- -- -- -- --
                2000-01 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 74 7 22 29 42 6 2 0 2 12
                2001-02 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 78 1 15 16 35 1 0 1 1 0
                2002-03 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 68 3 10 13 24 -- -- -- -- --
                2003-04 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 45 5 7 12 22 -- -- -- -- --
                2004-05 Rapperswil-Jona Swiss 8 4 5 9 4 -- -- -- -- --
                2004-05 Kloten Swiss 20 3 7 10 18 -- -- -- -- --
                2005-06 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 21 0 4 4 8 -- -- -- -- --
                2005-06 Boston Bruins NHL 54 4 12 16 48 -- -- -- -- --
                2006-07 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 60 5 12 17 44 -- -- -- -- --
                2007-08 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 18 1 2 3 8 -- -- -- -- --
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                NHL Totals 449 30 84 114 245 7 2 1 3 12

Stats from hockeydb.com
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

David Tanabe...another reason to stay in school an extra year or two, kids.

Comment

I know that a lot of us like to complain about how terrible our third jerseys usually are. Especially those terrible "Bucky's head" logos.

Well, whenever you want to be reminded it could be a lot worse... check out that 98-99 jersey. Yikes.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      I know that a lot of us like to complain about how terrible our third jerseys usually are. Especially those terrible "Bucky's head" logos.

Well, whenever you want to be reminded it could be a lot worse... check out that 98-99 jersey. Yikes.
                      I'm not sure I've ever seen a UW third jersey that I liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        I'm not sure I've ever seen a UW third jersey that I liked.
                        I own one from each of the last four seasons, pretty weak overall. The ones from Lambeau Field I really like, and one day when 60 isn't looking I'm stealing her Tom Gilbert.
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          I own one from each of the last four seasons, pretty weak overall. The ones from Lambeau Field I really like, and one day when 60 isn't looking I'm stealing her Tom Gilbert.
                          I like those the best of all our thirds as well. By far. The other recent ones are all pretty weak. They'd be a lot better if it weren't for that stupid, cutesy Bucky's head logo that the UW AD insists on using. Good ideas, terrible execution.

I got Mrs. EoDS a Bruckler version of the script lettering ones used at Lambeau (although the lettering Gold Medal Sports did for the nameplate was not even close to right). It's good stuff.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            On Second Thought

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DzGdo5PIr14&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DzGdo5PIr14&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">
                            As Chuck said, its already been reported...
                            Last edited by GoBucky36; 06-23-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I like the '08-'09 third jerseys with the "Bucky head" logo.
                              Ive got one of the Camp Randall Classic jerseys with the diagonal, "Badgers". Those arent terrible.
                              It seems like most hockey teams' 3rd jerseys are pretty ugly, it must be a rule or something...

Comment

The 98-99 is my favorite jersey....I wear it to every college hockey game I go to....I get a lot of positive comments.....
                                Yearly College Hockey Trips
                                St. Cloud - Best Bar (Red Carpet)
                                North Dakota - First Jägerbomb
                                Northern Michigan - Friendliest Hockey Fans (tink-tink-ta-tink)
                                Michigan Tech - Best Ice Sculptures
                                Mankato - Denver wins the cup in OT
                                Nebraska-Omaha - Biggest Weiner
                                Bemidji State - Best Beaver Tour
                                Duluth - Sandman KO'd but wins on a DQ
                                St. Cloud - Great Band
                                Northern Michigan - She gave my beads back

Comment

Working...
                                X