Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    They will not get their names on the cup.
    Thank you, sir!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      It's easy to hide behind the "anonymous" moniker.

STANLEY CUP QUESTION: I was watching a live stream of the rally/parade in Chicago. Before the Blackhawks were introduced, many Rockford members were introduced including Skille & Dowell. Were they just included as team members or will they be engraved on The Cup?

The estimated crowd was over 2 million people! Holy ****!!

I know...ugh, those losers should take responsibility for ignorant postings.

2 million???? yikes. looks like no-one went to work today down here
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        looks like no-one went to work today down here
        Reminds me of a very memorable rant that a Cubs manager once had about Cubs fans.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
          Most likely both would be back, There will need to be a couple trades on the blueline for a spot for McDonagh to open up and as far as i know Stepan hasn't had and talks with NY yet this offseason...
          Id be very surprised if both are back.
          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
          Originally posted by MadCityRich
          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
            Id be very surprised if both are back.
            Yeah me too...

Comment

The AHL's Calder Cup is still going on...Joudrey and Hershey in it again. On NHL Network right now.

Comment

and you know, honestly, I think the Badgers will be fine even having to almost completely retool the team.
                The Badgers have had turnover like this many times in the past (its a huge part of college sports) and have managed to bounce back and still put a pretty good product out on the ice, so Im not all that worried about it.
                Granted, it will likely be pretty ugly at the start of the season but I have confidence that Eaves and the rest of the coaching staff will work with and improve what players they have and the Badgers will be a pretty respectable team by the 2nd half of the season. I definetly dont expect them to contend for the national championship and honestly dont expect them to make the Frozen Four next season, but Im not all gloom and doom like some of you seem to be.
                Then again, maybe thats just be being a fan and looking at things through rose-colored glasses...
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Sorry, but I'd still give the edge to Denver. Cheverie, Colborne, Ruegsegger, Rakhshani, Wiercioch. Nobody else in the country had five guys that talented, and they lose all five of them at once, along with four other seniors who were all contributing players, all playing at least 28 games.
                  Don't forget, the Badgers also lost both assistant coaches as well.
                  If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Reminds me of a very memorable rant that a Cubs manager once had about Cubs fans.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm shaking!!!!

Hockey season is over! I have to talk to my wife again! I have a list of things to do around here! I have to talk to my family again! Is there a doctor in the house????

Wait, my DVR! My highlight DVD's!!

Never mind.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

STANLEY CUP QUESTION: I was watching a live stream of the rally/parade in Chicago. Before the Blackhawks were introduced, many Rockford members were introduced including Skille & Dowell. Were they just included as team members or will they be engraved on The Cup?
                        They were announced because they were on the expanded playoff roster. They could have been used if needed, but weren't. The defenseman Boynton was in the same boat, but they activated him for Hendry and he will get his name on the Cup.

It's good for those two to get to be there for all of this and with the upcoming salary purge that will be needed, it's quite possible that one or both of them will be on the roster next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          They were announced because they were on the expanded playoff roster. They could have been used if needed, but weren't. The defenseman Boynton was in the same boat, but they activated him for Hendry and he will get his name on the Cup.

It's good for those two to get to be there for all of this and with the upcoming salary purge that will be needed, it's quite possible that one or both of them will be on the roster next season.
                          Skille's salary is the biggest reason he didn't see more time this season. I don't expect him to be back.

Comment

Skille's salary is the biggest reason he didn't see more time this season. I don't expect him to be back.
                            Skille won't get much of a raise at all (made $850k last year), is still getting better IMO, and is a better option at around $1MM than they could bring in from the outside. I think he'll step into the role a guy like Brouwer had. Hopefully he continues to develop and after a few years under his new contract (not sure what the minimums are for a 2nd deal) the Hawks will have to decide whether to keep him or pay him bigger bucks like they are now facing with Brouwer.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                              Skille won't get much of a raise at all (made $850k last year), is still getting better IMO, and is a better option at around $1MM than they could bring in from the outside. I think he'll step into the role a guy like Brouwer had. Hopefully he continues to develop and after a few years under his new contract (not sure what the minimums are for a 2nd deal) the Hawks will have to decide whether to keep him or pay him bigger bucks like they are now facing with Brouwer.
                              He actually made 1,275,000, and when you're in such a predicament such as the Hawks are (already 4 mil over the cap with only 14 players under contract), Skille is increasingly expendable. Especially when Niemi hasn't even been re-signed and you're already over the cap.

Skille is not going to get less than he got this year from a team, and the Hawks can't afford a guy making over 1.3 to play fourth line RW.

I don't see Skille back unless he takes a significant pay cut.
                              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 06-12-2010, 02:34 PM.

Comment

He actually made 1,275,000, and when you're in such a predicament such as the Hawks are (already 4 mil over the cap with only 14 players under contract), Skille is increasingly expendable. Especially when Niemi hasn't even been re-signed and you're already over the cap.

Skille is not going to get less than he got this year from a team, and the Hawks can't afford a guy making over 1.3 to play fourth line RW.

I don't see Skille back unless he takes a significant pay cut.
                                Yes, counting his bonus.

Thanks for the salary cap and math lesson.

I repeat: who are they going to get that will make less than Skille and do as good of a job as he can (who also still has more upside than he's shown). I'm guessing Burish will be back for close to the minimum, but you can't have 3-4-5 guys of Bur's caliber on the team. Even Dowell would be a better overall player than Burish, but still doesn't have near the offensive ability or upside of Skille (let alone Brouwer, Versteeg, Buff, Ladd...).
                                Last edited by aktick; 06-12-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X