Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Offseason '10: The Aftermath

I watched a good chunk of the game last night and some Flyer nailed a Hawk in the head with his elbow along the boards and there was no call. Wasn't the NHL going anal on hits to the head like the WCHA was? It probably would have been a 5 minute call in WCHA.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I watched a good chunk of the game last night and some Flyer nailed a Hawk in the head with his elbow along the boards and there was no call. Wasn't the NHL going anal on hits to the head like the WCHA was? It probably would have been a 5 minute call in WCHA.
      As long as we're talking NHL, how did Prikker errrrr, Pronger do last night? Minus 5 rating and was in the box when Chicago scored another one. Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him. He's a putz, Towes did a fly-by, barely touched him, and Pronger reacted like a soccer player.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Scott Hartnell finally got an elbowing call after throwing no fewer than four of them during the playoffs.

Last night was the second time someone's helmet came off from one of his elbows.

This Philly team is comparable to the 2007 Ducks.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Scott Hartnell finally got an elbowing call after throwing no fewer than four of them during the playoffs.

Last night was the second time someone's helmet came off from one of his elbows.

This Philly team is comparable to the 2007 Ducks.
          And Briere also got a high stick under the visor that went uncalled... so what!!! these playoffs have been called great by the refs. The Alternative is what we see night in and night out in the WCHA.... where every weekend there are people all over the refs in every WCHA game that is played. The only people i have heard complain about how the games have been called are the average fan with little knowledge of the game... Every broadcasts in canada and the states think the games have been called great, the guys on NHL live and Powerplay think its been a great called series. People who hate the flyers or don't know the game are the only people complaining about the way the games have been called, so having looking at the people that follow the NHL the closest and know the game and hearing how they feel about the officiating, that tells me its been a evenly called series...
          The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
            And Briere also got a high stick under the visor that went uncalled... so what!!! these playoffs have been called great by the refs. The Alternative is what we see night in and night out in the WCHA.... where every weekend there are people all over the refs in every WCHA game that is played. The only people i have heard complain about how the games have been called are the average fan with little knowledge of the game... Every broadcasts in canada and the states think the games have been called great, the guys on NHL live and Powerplay think its been a great called series. People who hate the flyers or don't know the game are the only people complaining about the way the games have been called, so having looking at the people that follow the NHL the closest and know the game and hearing how they feel about the officiating, that tells me its been a evenly called series...
            What do you think about Rumpel?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              What do you think about Rumpel?
              Rumple Minze? Oh, you said Rumpel...

Comment

As far as the puck thing...What? Should pronger have got a penalty for taking the game pucks??? please... there is a cooler full of iced pucks, most of which were used at some point in the game, because i think they change them out on every TV timeout anyway, specially with the average ice, the colder the pucks the better...if someone wants a game puck, all they gotta do is ask the ref for one after the game...
                The tradition in the SCF is that the winning goalie gets the last puck used in the game. Pronger took it upon himself to take that puck to get under the skin of the Hawks. He claims that he took the pucks and, "threw them in the trash where they belong".
                Basically, he spit on hockey tradition and thats my problem with it. Pronger has no class and no respect for tradition.
                It was definetly nice to see the Hawks knock Pronger around all night long. Its about time they put him in his place. Hopefully the Hawks can win the cup on Wednesday in Philly and all those Flyers fans can watch the Hawks skate around holding the cup over the neads. That would be awesome.
                Last edited by GoBucky36; 06-08-2010, 03:44 PM.
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                  The tradition in the SCF is that the winning goalie gets the last puck used in the game. Pronger took it upon himself to take that puck to bring good luck to the Flyers and to get under the skin of the Hawks.
                  Basically, he spit on hockey tradition and thats my problem with it. Pronger has no class and no respect for tradition.
                  It was definetly nice to see the Hawks knock Pronger around all night long. Its about time they put him in his place. Hopefully the Hawks can win the cup on Wednesday in Philly and all those Flyers fans can watch the Hawks skate around holding the cup over the neads. That would be awesome.
                  THIS!!!

I thought it would be cool at first to see them skate with the cup in Chicago... then Pronger went Pronger. I would LOVE to see them take a lap in Philly.

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                  Rumple Minze? Oh, you said Rumpel...
                  Ah yes, blackout flavored mouthwash... Also known as a--hole in a bottle.
                  Originally posted by solovsfett
                  To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                    THIS!!!

I thought it would be cool at first to see them skate with the cup in Chicago... then Pronger went Pronger. I would LOVE to see them take a lap in Philly.
                    Hopefully the Hawks come out again with fire in their eyes, neutralize Pronger, score some quick goals, silence the crowd and crush any hope that the Flyers have of forcing a game 7.
                    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich
                    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

There's a major difference between missing a high stick call and the litany of interference calls that could have been made against the Flyers that haven't been made.

I resubmit to you: Hartnell has thrown no fewer than four very noticable elbows this series. Two of them resulted in a player's helmet coming off (the one he got called for and the one to Kopecky in game 3 right in front of the benches). Yet he's only been called once.

Pronger has been using the exact same clutching and grabbing that he got away with in Anaheim, and frankly I don't think there's any arguing against it. Of course the major TV guys aren't saying it... since when does ANYBODY explicitly call out officiating on the major broadcasting partner of a league on national TV, unless its ruin-a-perfect-game level of terrible officiating?

I know that we in the WCHA should be so lucky as to have refs that are only as terrible as what the NHL has- I will grant you that. But let's not delude ourselves.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
                        Ah yes, blackout flavored mouthwash... Also known as a--hole in a bottle.
                        But...it's...ummmm...a cheap shot? (that admittedly tastes like arsehole in a bottle) It recently joined the list of shots I'll never take again, for obvious reasons...

Comment

I'm doing a little work on my confuser & listening to XM204 NHL Live. They interviewed Bob Miller who did Badger hockey in the early 70's and has done LA Kings PBP for 37 years.

It was a pretty good interview. He mentioned the years he spent in Madison...."where they were always winning and having parties, then I went to LA and my wife and I wondered if we made the right move..."

I think he did. Congrats on 50 years in broadcasting.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Can anybody direct me where I can find more information on the 2010 College Hockey Ice Breaker Tournament in St. Louis? When do tix go on sale? I can not find anything on it.
                            Wisconsin Badgers 6X National Champions! 1973-1977-1981-1983-1990-2006

The only good Gopher is a DEAD GOPHER!!!

Comment

Apparently the athletic department made a new website called WisconsinHockey2010.com

Comment

Cool website. Very well put together. The message from Coach Eaves and the upcoming "design the helmet" thing are pretty neat.

Seems like an effort to help boost ticket sales. Here's hoping it works.

Obligatory nitpick: might be a good idea to have a link to a seating chart for all the sections about tickets. But that's relatively minor. Plus, if you were going to actually order tickets, you'd get the seating chart through the online ticket office anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X