2010 National Championship DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 National Championship DVD

The NCAA has the game available but won't make DVD copies unless they get a minimum of 25 orders. I know there aren't 25 people who post/read/browse here who'd order the DVD at $25, or are there? That's a good price for basically two full games, not to mention it being for the national championship.

I'm sure Bulldog fans who were at the game might want a copy and fans who weren't there can get to watch it. Cornell fans...same deal. Maybe between the two schools and fan bases we can drum up enough interest.

The person at the NCAA who I talked to said they don't post a link on their website to pre-order the game because people used to use fake names to get the pre-orders up past the 25 copy minimum and then only a couple people would buy the DVDs. So I'll have to ask around at the athletic department, maybe the Bulldog store and see if they'd want to put links on their websites and take pre-orders or something.

Good idea? Stupid idea? Constructive suggestions? Anyone interested?

Re: 2010 National Championship DVD

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
    Constructive suggestions?
    I did request a pre-order for a 2004 semi at one point and they did eventually make the CD available for order. Too bad that people were sending in fake pre-orders; that certainly doesn't help get the product available in the long term.

My suggestion would be to have the booster club send out some sort of message (assuming that they have a mailing list.) One would think that should add up to the requisite order quantity. Some parents might even want to order extras for extended family members.

Good luck.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I bought the 2003 and 2008 national championship DVDs when they became available. I can't believe they won't get 25 people who'd want a copy of this year's game.

They told me the video will be available forever in their archives, so there's no time limit on finding enough people to pre-order. You're right...it's a shame others took advantage of that and ruined it for everyone else.

Comment

I'll send a message to some of the girls that I keep in touch with to see if they or their families want a copy of the game. Also, I can reach out to one of PR people for the team to see if they want one.

Once I get interest, then what?

I think it makes total sense for the Bulldog Shop or the Athletic Dept to post a link and support this!

Comment

I have no idea how this would work unless the Bulldog Shop or the Bulldog Club or the athletic department or some other "official" entity took pre-orders and had people pay in advance and then sent the orders and money to the NCAA.

The person at the NCAA who I talked to was Geoff Gray at ggray@thoughtequity.com if anyone needs to make contact there and set something up. Again, beats me. Used to be you could pre-order DVDs, which is what I did with previous national title games. Now it's all screwy.

Comment

Seeing as the NCAA requires a minimum order of 25 units/dvd's from one purchaser in order to circumvent the possibility of fraudulent orders being placed then it would seem to make sense that an official party, such as UMD's or Cornell's retail store, should be that one purchaser. The only other option provided by the NCAA is that they can provide plain Jane single copies for $150/ea. which is out of the question.

So, if an organization can be enticed into ordering 25 units of this game to sell single units to interested parties, I will gladly take at least one off their hands even for a few dollars more to compensate them for their trouble...after all they are in business to turn a profit.

If that doesn't work maybe one of you Duluth locals can ask Shannon if the team can spring for it...it would be hard to imagine their not being able to unload 25 in a hurry. The only snag with that suggestion is one of logistics...who spends the time and does the actual work of recording the sales, depositing the cheques and mailing the dvd units out?

With such a memorable game I can't imagine no Eastern fans being interested.

Maybe those interested die hard women's hockey fans on this site, whatever their allegiance, should post (in this thread) their sincere willingness to purchase at least one copy, as a show of good faith to a prospective "official party". If enough of them did then that might encourage an "official party" to at least seriously consider taking on the physical logistics of the task such as order taking etc., as described previously in this post and thread.

Comment

I'm going to send out some emails and see if I can talk anyone "official" into either taking pre-orders or just buying 25 copies. I'm thinking the Bulldog Store could buy 25 and then sell them at games next season or put them for sale on their website. It's not like they won't sell. But I'll see what I can do.

I'll buy at least two copies guaranteed and I'd pay for them today.

Comment

Scratch the Bulldog Store. They don't think they could sell 25 copies. I think they're wrong, but at least I tried. I'll keep poking around and see if I can scare up some interest somewhere else.

Comment

Scratch the Bulldog Store. They don't think they could sell 25 copies. I think they're wrong, but at least I tried. I'll keep poking around and see if I can scare up some interest somewhere else.
                  Just curious, was it the manager you spoke to and did you call or email?

With the 3 posters to this thread so far, excluding ARM since his post didn't indicate an interest in purchasing, if you want 2 copies then that is already 16% of the total required. Suggestion...maybe a call to the coaching staff to see if they can email the players to see how many of them or their families/relatives might be interested would be a quick way to increase the numbers and then maybe the UMD store manager might rethink it.

Maybe the die hard Dog's fans in Duluth, apart from the two of you, will step up to the plate on this thread in the next few days to show support.

Not only was this the longest D1 Frozen Four Championship Game in the tournament's history but a better testament to the desire to win, to sacrifice and endure, to give and keep on giving long after it seems like there is nothing left to give, by BOTH TEAMS, in pursuit of a passion that consumes their lives, may never be seen by the sport's fans again, in my opinion.

That's how good this game was.

Isn't this why we ultimately follow this sport, in anticipation of being humbled by witnessing crowning spectacles like this? If not, then maybe we should take up solitaire.

It would be a shame to never have such a great game see the light of day again, forever buried in a box in the NCAA's basement.

Comment

It was the manager, Jeff Romano, and we talked on the phone.

Comment

I personally would purchase 2 copies of the championship game and I'm sure some of my family members would as well. I think contacting the UMD coaching staff is a great idea! keep me posted!
                      Thank you Seniors, Rasmussen,Blais,Tuominen,Murray ,Hakala...your contributions will never be forgotten.
                      2010 National Champions!!!! And lets not forget 2008 as well!!

Comment

I have emails in. I'll let you know if I hear anything. But that doesn't mean other people can't ask around, too. I'm just winging it here.

Comment

Without a doubt, I'm in. I wanted one 2 seconds after the game ended! There was so much play at the "other" end that I couldn't see from where I was sitting . . . mostly Harss and the UMD "D" . . . that I'd watch it all again just to see the effort put out at that end of the ice.

Comment

Put me down for one copy. Any time I can get 120 minutes of Championship Hockey for a 60 minute price...

Besides...plenty of Western Canadian girls on both teams.

Comment

I have emails in. I'll let you know if I hear anything. But that doesn't mean other people can't ask around, too. I'm just winging it here.
                              Put me in for 2 copies. I would also suggest having a note about it sent out on the UMD Women's Hockey email list. Contact one of the coaches or Kelly G-W, the SID. I'm on the list and get periodic announcements.

Miller also sent me an email about this last week:
                              For anyone interested, there is a new international web site for women's hockey.

www.winih.com

enjoy, xo
                              Finally getting around to posting it!

Comment

Working...
                              X