Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NHL team has caused your school the most damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which NHL team has caused your school the most damage?

Michigan has had about 5 issues with the LA Kings...
    1. Mike Cammalleri allegedly leveraging the OHL to sign with LA
    2. Jeff Tambellini
    3. Recruit and first round NHL pick Trevor Lewis signing with Michigan, getting drafted by LA, then pushed to the OHL so he could ultimately play in the AHL
    4. Robbie Czarnik from Michigan to the OHL's Plymouth Whalers
    5. Jack Johnson/Dean Lombardi/Red Berenson

Comment

I'd concur with the thoughts on Okposo/Islanders and Jack Johnson/Dean Lombardi, and add Phoenix/Pang/Turris

what they share in common is poor management or mismanagement of the NHL teams in question. poor drafts, or poor development plans

really we all know Don Lucia, and Red Berenson are great coaches. I don't have to mention Mike Eaves since it seems universally accepted by NHL GM's that he's **** good at developing players, and it seems coaches as well.

so those ******cougars in LA and NY are just using Don and Red as pincushions for their internal failures.

As for Turris and Phoenix. Just a dumb move by Phoenix and Kyle. "HEY KYLE, if DANY EFFEN HEATLEY played 2 years in NCAA, you should have done at least 2 and more like 3"

what a shame. that kid was not nearly physically ready for the show.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
        im just shocked okposo didn't get a 15 year deal to play a dozen games a year
        don't worry, he will get much more when his rookie contract expires.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

mother ****ing islanders garth snow
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            mother ****ing islanders garth snow
            Although I am no Garth Snow fan, I don't understand why so many are still bitter about them taking Okposo away when it was clear that he didn't want to be playing for the Gophers anyway. It's not like they got a kid who was a true asset to the program. I know that he "could" have been a GREAT asset to MN Gopher hockey, but he didn't want to be there and it showed. Hell, I think the fans should thank Snow for taking an attitude problem out of the locker room. Now if they (anybody) would only take John Hill out of MN, then the fans could rejoice.
            "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
              Michigan has had about 5 issues with the LA Kings...
              1. Mike Cammalleri allegedly leveraging the OHL to sign with LA
              2. Jeff Tambellini
              3. Recruit and first round NHL pick Trevor Lewis signing with Michigan, getting drafted by LA, then pushed to the OHL so he could ultimately play in the AHL
              4. Robbie Czarnik from Michigan to the OHL's Plymouth Whalers
              5. Jack Johnson/Dean Lombardi/Red Berenson
              Them screwing over Michigan is not why I'm a Kings fan, its why I'm PROUD to be a Kings fan.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                Sorry - question begs to be asked as plundering season continues apace.
                The Rangers plucking Cam Talbot really hurts UAH. He would've gotten his eligibility waiver and gotten a post-graduate year of school in. The pros came on after his performance in the Catamount Cup.

Espoo Blues in SM-Liiga is a close second, poaching hometown kid Matti Järvinen after a solid freshman year.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                  Although I am no Garth Snow fan, I don't understand why so many are still bitter about them taking Okposo away when it was clear that he didn't want to be playing for the Gophers anyway. It's not like they got a kid who was a true asset to the program. I know that he "could" have been a GREAT asset to MN Gopher hockey, but he didn't want to be there and it showed. Hell, I think the fans should thank Snow for taking an attitude problem out of the locker room. Now if they (anybody) would only take John Hill out of MN, then the fans could rejoice.
                  Okposo has nothing to do with it to me. It was how they badmouthed the coach and the entire program publicly after they did it, then did it again in regards to Ness. That hurts a program.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Okposo has nothing to do with it to me. It was how they badmouthed the coach and the entire program publicly after they did it, then did it again in regards to Ness. That hurts a program.
                    Hurts a program or hurts the fans feelings? Minnesota still, and always will get their pick of kids from Minnesota and will have a leg up on almost anyone around the country. It didn't hurt anything.

Comment

You have to wonder how much longer Garth Snow will be the GM for the Islanders. His teams haven't really lit up the NHL.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Ding ding!
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Brown and the NHL have made a deal to help the school combat this issue: Brown recruits crappy players and the NHL leaves them alone.

Here's a very interesting perspective on players leaving college hockey programs early for the NHL from a couple of people up at Middlebury. Good read.

http://sandcat.middlebury.edu/econ/r...ncoec/1016.pdf
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            You have to wonder how much longer Garth Snow will be the GM for the Islanders. His teams haven't really lit up the NHL.
                            win or lose, or even playing the game isn't important, all that matters is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lighthouse_Project

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                              Well at least the Islanders are drafting from Minnesota. And drafting Minnesota players is a good thing. I think the Minnesota Wild's history of not recruiting in Minnesota is a bigger concern.
                              Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 05-10-2010, 11:35 AM.
                              "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                                Well at least the Islanders are drafting from Minnesota. And drafting Minnesota players is a good thing. I think the Minnesota Wild's history of not recruiting in Minnesota is a bigger concern.
                                That appears to have changed, and it did look like that the wild had horrible scouts in Minnesota, they did not find a single diamond in the rough in all those years, and they utterly screwed the AJ Thelen pick. they couldn't of done worse if they tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X