Plymouth State Hockey News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plymouth State Hockey News

Northfield, VT native Craig Russell has been selected as the head hockey coach at Plymouth State. Sometime in the future it would be great to see Norwich play Plymouth at there new ice facility in Plymouth. A link to the press release follows:

http://athletics.plymouth.edu/sports...HKRussellNamed

Plymouth hockey has improved a lot over the last few years and time will tell how the program will develope in the MASCAC league. The development of youth hockey in the Plymouth area will also be interesting to watch.
    Last edited by hawk; 05-06-2010, 09:18 AM.
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Re: Plymouth State Hockey News

Originally posted by hawk View Post
    Northfield, VT native Craig Russell has been selected as the head hockey coach at Plymouth State. Sometime in the future it would be great to see Norwich play Plymouth at there new ice facility in Plymouth. A link to the press release follows:

http://athletics.plymouth.edu/sports...HKRussellNamed

Plymouth hockey has improved a lot over the last few years and time will tell how the program will develope in the MASCAC league. The development of youth hockey in the Plymouth area will also be interesting to watch.
    I know I'm getting old when kids I coached in squirts are now college head coaches. Yikes

Congrats to Craig!

r

Comment

He was on my son's little league team
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/notes/plymou...s/393442671823

Attached are a few facebook pics of the new Plymouth State hockey rink during construction. Looks like an outstanding college facility for hockey.

Comment

What a beautiful set up. Thanks for the pics. D 3 has some great facilities with more on the way. Can only make everything better.

Comment

I visited Plymouth on Friday and took a look at the new hockey facility right next to the Pemi River in downtown Plymouth. The facility looks very impressive and should give Plymouth one of the best D3 facilities in the East. I not sure of Plymouth's schedule but I hope they get to showcase the rink with a tournament this year. I would think Holderness School next door would also play there games at the rink.

Comment

I would think Holderness School next door would also play there games at the rink.
              I had heard they would play there...one can only hope, their rink is brutal!

Comment

I visited Plymouth on Friday and took a look at the new hockey facility right next to the Pemi River in downtown Plymouth. The facility looks very impressive and should give Plymouth one of the best D3 facilities in the East. I not sure of Plymouth's schedule but I hope they get to showcase the rink with a tournament this year. I would think Holderness School next door would also play there games at the rink.
                WOW! Best facility in the East, that is saying a lot, I have seen Norwich, Platty and Midd and to think that Plymouth would be able to provide something at that level is surprising to me. I have also heard that Oswego, Trintiy, and Bowdoin have recently built top level buildings. I will be very interested to see Plymouth's attempt to be at that level.

Comment

I have been to the Plymouth rink, it is very nice, but not the best by a long shot.
                  Last edited by CROSBYNU63; 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM.
                  Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

One of the best in the East, particularly east of I89, is certainly a likelihood, once the construction is complete.
                    Last edited by norm1909; 06-06-2010, 02:48 PM.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                      I have been to the Plymouth rink, it is very nice, but not the best by a lone shot.
                      I anticipated a comment or two that would compare Plymouth's new ice facility to some of the mega rinks, ie D1 like facilities like Norwich, Bowdoin, Plattsburgh, and Oswego) but actually the Plymouth rink compares very favorable to most small college rinks in New England. However most of us who have ties to the Plymouth area are very proud of the Plymouth rink. Hey CROSBYNU63 any chance Norwich will travel over Route 25 to play a game sometime. With the new facility it will be interesting to see if Plymouth can make the jump to the top of the MASCAC now that recruiting will be easier. On the Holderness School web site I saw that the hockey team was going to try and schedule some games and practies at the new rink.

Comment

Well Hawk, if Norwich does play Plymouth I will bet you a steak on the game, oh wait a minute you never honored your last bet.
                        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

I heard that the Old Coach formed his own Jr. team called the White Mountain Warriors which is going to get prime time ice while the Plymouth State men's team will be practicing in the early morning prior to school. Don't know if that is fact or fiction and don't know why Holderness would pay for ice when they get it for free don't know if that makes any sense during these poor econcomical times.

Originally posted by dreamer6 View Post
                          I had heard they would play there...one can only hope, their rink is brutal!

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                            I heard that the Old Coach formed his own Jr. team called the White Mountain Warriors which is going to get prime time ice while the Plymouth State men's team will be practicing in the early morning prior to school. Don't know if that is fact or fiction and don't know why Holderness would pay for ice when they get it for free don't know if that makes any sense during these poor econcomical times.
                            I highly doubt that a junior team would take prime ice away from a college varsity team, men's or women's. Junior teams have way more flexibility with their day-to-day schedule than a college team, therefore would be more likely to take an afternoon slot, which I would assume would be difficult to fill in an area like Plymouth, NH. I also doubt that Plymouth would make their teams practice in the morning, when they finally have a rink on campus and are able to promote the programs effectively.

Comment

Working...
                            X