Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Offseason 2010

Yes! Test run would be nice.

That means I may have to get to work on updating the pick to click site. Was busy all summer and didn't get to it.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Yes! Test run would be nice.

That means I may have to get to work on updating the pick to click site. Was busy all summer and didn't get to it.
      Slacker!!! Git back to work!!!
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
        Pick to Click test run for the exhibition game: yes or no?

Are there any rules that you think need to be changed/added? What are they and why? If you don't want to post it here please e-mail me through USCHO.
        Test run would be great!
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Any updates? Captains? Line groups? Which freshmen will get right in and which vets will the freshmen beat out for ice time?
          GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Well I know Fox is the captain, beyond that not sure.

In alumni news it would see that all of our guys have made the most recent cuts in camp. It's nice to have so many guys to keep track of. They are all NHL/AHL callup types but it is still fun to watch.
            2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by mattheinzel View Post
              Well I know Fox is the captain, beyond that not sure.

In alumni news it would see that all of our guys have made the most recent cuts in camp. It's nice to have so many guys to keep track of. They are all NHL/AHL callup types but it is still fun to watch.
              Gustafsson had an assist for Philly last night. Olver had one the other night for Colorado. Kaunisto has appeared for the Kings. Oystrick is in camp with St Louis, but hasn't seen any exhibition time and is destined for Peoria. Butcher went to Tampa Bay's camp and is hoping to hook on at Norfolk. TJ Miller was sent down to Albany by the Devils. (They are listing him as Tyler Miller.)
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Dave: Oystie played in the game versus the Avs. He was included in the opening day of Waiver moves, so he is Peoria bound.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Dave: Oystie played in the game versus the Avs. He was included in the opening day of Waiver moves, so he is Peoria bound.
                  Thanks aparch. Oystrick was a -2 in the exhibition opener. Mark Olver had 2 assists for Colorado in that game.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Thanks aparch. Oystrick was a -2 in the exhibition opener. Mark Olver had 2 assists for Colorado in that game.
                    Not a problem. This weekend was fun to see just how well the Wildcats were representing in NHL camp. Says something about either the type of kids that the program is bringing in and/or of Walt's ability to get these kids prepared.

Gustafsson played over 27 minutes in his game and was plus two. Played a "typical" Gussy game that we've seen the last three years. If he doesn't stick from camp (his training camp number went from #36 initially to #27 before his first game), he's definitely one of the first call ups this year.

There was a nice article this summer about Gussy and the College route for European players. (I didn't see it posted here)

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...not-in-a-hurry

The Swedish hockey federation is trying to stop 15-20 year old Swedish players from leaving the country to play in North American junior leagues by threatening to fine the players who leave before turning 22. Only leaving to play in the NHL would not be punished.

Gustafsson says he's not a fan of the restriction and reminds that he wouldn't have an NHL contract now if he hadn't been allowed to go play in North America a few years ago.
                    "In the USA the interest is bigger, there can be 3000-4000 people in a game in the USHL, the league where most of the college teams take their players from. The level in that league is about as good, or a little better, than the J20 Superelit in Sweden."

"Maybe it's easier to get more people in games in the USA since there are more people there in general, but the junior and college teams there also have their own organizations. NHL organizations don't have their own junior teams there like Elitserien teams have their own J20 teams in Sweden. And the teams are often in other cities than the NHL teams and not competing for fans with them."

Gustafsson has noticed that he's not the only Swede who has taken the unusual road through North American junior leagues.

"There are more and more of those who do that. And it's not that stupid to go from that backdoor. Everyone is not ready for the Elitserien when they are 18-19 years old and finished playing in J20. Then it can be a good thing to play at a good level in North America and in college you have four years for yourself to develop."

"The college level is not better than the Allsvenskan, but not so much worse either. But it's better to be there because you're much closer to the NHL and you get noticed more easily. There are at least three NHL scouts in each game and all the organizations are there watching. If you play in the Allsvenskan it feels like you have to be up in the Elitserien first before you have a chance to get to the NHL."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Not a problem. This weekend was fun to see just how well the Wildcats were representing in NHL camp. Says something about either the type of kids that the program is bringing in and/or of Walt's ability to get these kids prepared.

Gustafsson played over 27 minutes in his game and was plus two. Played a "typical" Gussy game that we've seen the last three years. If he doesn't stick from camp (his training camp number went from #36 initially to #27 before his first game), he's definitely one of the first call ups this year.

There was a nice article this summer about Gussy and the College route for European players. (I didn't see it posted here)

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...not-in-a-hurry
                      Really wouldn't be such a bad thing if Sweden banned their kids from Major Juniors, but allowed them to come over for College hockey.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        Really wouldn't be such a bad thing if Sweden banned their kids from Major Juniors, but allowed them to come over for College hockey.
                        That's the problem. They would ban them from EVERYTHING. You'd be forced to go through the internal chain from Swedish Juniors to the Swedish Elite League. And you would only be able to make the North American jump with an NHL deal.

Basically, they want to turn the Swedish leagues into the Canadian Major Juniors. You can't go pro until you're x years old or under an NHL only contract.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sounds like they're trying to use fines to do what Ontario (and Hockey Canada) did with rules and regulations a decade ago to force as many kids as possible into the MJ route.

Comment

I'm confused Nathan is still listed as being on the team according to the roster page, do they just have a hard time updating those things?
                            2004 Alumni. Season Ticket holder since 2004. Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by mattheinzel View Post
                              I'm confused Nathan is still listed as being on the team according to the roster page, do they just have a hard time updating those things?
                              http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/...edden_waivers/

And I'll gladly take any correction from DavyD, but how I understand it is that by placing Oystrick on waivers, they're clearing him to go to the AHL. Once he clears waivers, the parent club can either send him down, or if they decide to keep him, they have to recall him from Peoria. Most likely, he's not participating in morning skate for the Blues, and will be joining Peoria today or tomorrow for their first AHL camp.

Because he started the year in an NHL club, I believe he would not have to go through re-entry waivers if called back up to St. Louis.

Oh, and yeah, the NHL does suck some times at updating their rosters. It's controlled by the NHL, and not by the more in-touch teams webmasters.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

USA Today Poll is out and NMU is behind Miami (3) Michigan (4) Alaska (12)

Notre Dame, Ferris, Michigan State also were ahead of NMU in receiving votes. Looks like its going to be an "under the radar" type season again.
                                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X