USCHO Front Page Picture / Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Front Page Picture / Story

Is this the picture we're going to be subject to for the rest of the summer?

I know that each summer, they are a little more frequent than the previous summer in regards to changing the article. A couple years ago, it was the same picture from the end of the season until some time in August! I must say, though, that it bugs me.

Clearly, there's not as much going on in college hockey right now. What I don't get is why an article that really only affects a portion of the country is left up on the U.S. college hockey website, for going over a week now. Sure, it was interesting to me that a conference is changing their playoff format (bad change, IMHO, by the way), and I read the article; but if we're going to see the same picture for weeks / months at a time, I'd rather it was something that was more widely relevant.

In another thread, a poster commented how short-lived the BC National Championship picture was on the front page. To me, if you're going to leave anything up for weeks at a time over the summer, it should be at least something regarding the national champion of the sport of you cover.

I'm just trying to spark a new conversation, work is quiet this week . . . but c'mon, USCHO people, change it up a little bit . . .
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: USCHO Front Page Picture / Story

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    Is this the picture we're going to be subject to for the rest of the summer?

I know that each summer, they are a little more frequent than the previous summer in regards to changing the article. A couple years ago, it was the same picture from the end of the season until some time in August! I must say, though, that it bugs me.

Clearly, there's not as much going on in college hockey right now. What I don't get is why an article that really only affects a portion of the country is left up on the U.S. college hockey website, for going over a week now. Sure, it was interesting to me that a conference is changing their playoff format (bad change, IMHO, by the way), and I read the article; but if we're going to see the same picture for weeks / months at a time, I'd rather it was something that was more widely relevant.

In another thread, a poster commented how short-lived the BC National Championship picture was on the front page. To me, if you're going to leave anything up for weeks at a time over the summer, it should be at least something regarding the national champion of the sport of you cover.

I'm just trying to spark a new conversation, work is quiet this week . . . but c'mon, USCHO people, change it up a little bit . . .
    It's terrible I agree.

Where's the story on the BU guys getting tossed? The BC guys getting in trouble?

How about a story on the Worlds?

I think USCHO takes the summer off.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      It's terrible I agree.

Where's the story on the BU guys getting tossed? The BC guys getting in trouble?

How about a story on the Worlds?

I think USCHO takes the summer off.
      There was a story about the BC kids last week. I do think that whatever teams win the national title (men's/womens) , they should get a front page pic for the summer.
      Last edited by Slasher7; 05-05-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Neg rep: 05-05-2010 09:18 AM Stop whining.

That's fine, but . . . keep the thread interesting. Post a response here, too!

Comment

It's terrible I agree.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...dsTrivino.html

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...fterCrash.html

you really are inept.
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Although I agree that he is inept, I think the point was, why didn't those stories get the top spot, rather than just a link on the side column . . .

. . . they may have deserved a day or two on the front page, in the main story spot. But my point was more that whatever picture / story gets left up for a long time should be something of national relevance.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
              Although I agree that he is inept, I think the point was, why didn't those stories get the top spot, rather than just a link on the side column . . .

. . . they may have deserved a day or two on the front page, in the main story spot. But my point was more that whatever picture / story gets left up for a long time should be something of national relevance.
              It won't be the Alaska story for the whole summer...there will be one or two stories over the summer...

Either way...who really cares?
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

At least I know what "Front Page" means. Hypocrit.

Comment

Can't all 300 of us.. (give or take a few).. just get along..
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Who even reads the front page during offseason?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Who even reads the front page during offseason?
                      There's a front page?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        Can't all 300 of us.. (give or take a few).. just get along..

If you got rid of the BC fans maybe. Then we could.......

Comment

At least I know what "Front Page" means. Hypocrit.
                          pop quiz. where do you think i pulled those two links from?

a) front page
                          b) FRONT page
                          c) front PAGE
                          d) all of the above
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Hey jcarter, take your hands out of your pants while looking at pictures of elephantwalking and scroll that little mouse to the right a little bit on the front page, genius.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              pop quiz. where do you think i pulled those two links from?

a) front page
                              b) FRONT page
                              c) front PAGE
                              d) all of the above
                              Hey genius,

The title of the thread is " USCHO Front Page Picture / Story "

great you pulled a LINK. I guess at BC a "link" is considered a story but in the rest of the world it's considered a link. I suppose since you idiots can't write more then a phrase or two at a time, they are forced to accept links as stories. I can see the confusion.

I suppose that's why you are all so good at writing haiku's too huh?

But, if you wanted you could start a thread that said
                              USCHO Front Page Links

Then you would be correct. As for now you are wrong and you just look like a turd nugget trying to get around just simple admitting it. What a doochebag. You forum stalk me just looking and searching for some type of error in one of my posts so you can point it out. I mean really? Have you nothing better to do loser? It's getting a little freaky too......bordering on stalking. It's going to start getting reported. Got it?

Comment

Working...
                              X