Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason II: We Won as Much Hardware as Ovechkin!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Offseason II: We Won as Much Hardware as Ovechkin!!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    This assessment from the Western College Hockey Blog made me get happy feelings inside.
    I'm holding off on doing the happy dance until he lights up the USHL. He's going to need all the muscle he can safely add this summer.

Still, if he continues to develop, it's going to be nice to have a player who seems to think "shoot" first.

Comment

http://www.admin.mtu.edu/hro/posting...2010.10096.pdf
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

In order to get someone who fits the requirements, Tech has to pay for them. they won't come for 40K and an expense account.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          In order to get someone who fits the requirements, Tech has to pay for them. they won't come for 40K and an expense account.
          If JR is making $110k (last I heard, anyway), I'm sure the assistants are making more than $40k.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            If JR is making $110k (last I heard, anyway), I'm sure the assistants are making more than $40k.
            My WAG is prob about 60-70K base.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              My WAG is prob about 60-70K base.
              At that amount you could live pretty well in Houghton or Hancock, and still sock away a nice chunk of change. If your loyalties are elsewhere and/or you aren't too enthused about the UP, you could do what Tok did and just put up with the area for the sake of a few years' experience.

My bet is that they'll find someone young who is looking for exactly that.

Comment

Why is Tech one of the very last D-1 teams to release their schedule every year. Our schedule isn't that complex, the WCHA games are released to them over a year ahead of time, the GLI is always set for 2 of our non-cons, 2 others are tied up in the LSShowcase and the other two go to NMU. Scheduling the NMU games and another pair of games if we go to Alaska shouldn't be that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                  Why is Tech one of the very last D-1 teams to release their schedule every year. Our schedule isn't that complex, the WCHA games are released to them over a year ahead of time, the GLI is always set for 2 of our non-cons, 2 others are tied up in the LSShowcase and the other two go to NMU. Scheduling the NMU games and another pair of games if we go to Alaska shouldn't be that hard.
                  they are stilling thinking about going to Div III???!??
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

2009-10
                    Name/Postion/Hourly/Salary
                    Tok, Christopher M/Asst Coach Hockey/$25.41/$52,857.00
                    Mikesch, Patrick J/Asst Coach Hockey/$30.08/$62,565.00
                    Russell, James G/Head Coach Hockey/$58.26/$121,178.00
                    Bangen, Kyle J/Head Coach Strength & Cond/$19.45/$40,452.00
                    Marks, Ian R/Asst Dir Athletic Comm & Mktg/$15.99/$33,268.00
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason II: We Won as Much Hardware as Ovechkin!!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      2009-10
                      Name/Postion/Hourly/Salary
                      Tok, Christopher M/Asst Coach Hockey/$25.41/$52,857.00
                      Mikesch, Patrick J/Asst Coach Hockey/$30.08/$62,565.00
                      Russell, James G/Head Coach Hockey/$58.26/$121,178.00
                      Bangen, Kyle J/Head Coach Strength & Cond/$19.45/$40,452.00
                      Marks, Ian R/Asst Dir Athletic Comm & Mktg/$15.99/$33,268.00
                      Bangen and Marks are overpaid.

Comment

they are all underpaid.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Russell got paid $24,235.60 per win last season. Now, I wouldn't have a problem with that if he was winning 20+ games per season. Things need to change and hopefully it's soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pbr View Post
                            Russell got paid $24,235.60 per win last season. Now, I wouldn't have a problem with that if he was winning 20+ games per season. Things need to change and hopefully it's soon.
                            After next season you may have your wish.

Comment

Here's the schedule. Hoping for a few more wins this season.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/S...14&SPSID=90385

Comment

Oh ****.

@ Wisconsin, October 29th & 30th
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X