Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

All off-ice issues aside, are most people glad it was Vinny who got the boot, and not Corey? As in, if one of the two certainly had to go, would you still choose Vinny? I think we were starting to see that what you saw in Vinny was what you got, but Corey was getting much better as the season went along. I for one am looking forward to another year of Trivino, assuming he straightens out off the ice.

Nothing against Warsofsky, but a team where he and Trivino are our only "star" upperclassmen doesn't really give me good feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
      All off-ice issues aside, are most people glad it was Vinny who got the boot, and not Corey? As in, if one of the two certainly had to go, would you still choose Vinny? I think we were starting to see that what you saw in Vinny was what you got, but Corey was getting much better as the season went along. I for one am looking forward to another year of Trivino, assuming he straightens out off the ice.

Nothing against Warsofsky, but a team where he and Trivino are our only "star" upperclassmen doesn't really give me good feelings.
      First point I agree, but I've had higher than average opinions of #10 (#9) since somewhat early in his first semester, so that doesn't do much to support your point.

Second point, upperclassmen "stars" heading into 08-09? Gilroy and.... Higgins?

Before someone jumps on me I'm not making a comparison, because next year won't have nearly the sophomore class of forwards that year had, just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Second point, upperclassmen "stars" heading into 08-09? Gilroy and.... Higgins?

Before someone jumps on me I'm not making a comparison, because next year won't have nearly the sophomore class of forwards that year had, just saying...
        Well, Colin Wilson was a guy who you knew was going to be a Hobey candidate. I like Chiasson, but he's not going to be an All-American next year, I don't think.

Aaand, I just saw your little addendum in white. Fair enough.

My BC glasses aside, I do think BU is going to have a rough go of it at least in the early months. I'm impressed by what I read and hear about their incoming freshmen, though.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Is Nieto still welcome at BU?

Given his off ice issues and the suspension he got while a member of the the national team as a result of those disgusting actions (see USHR for details) Parker would be crazy to let him and Trovino anywhere near each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Noreaster View Post
            Is Nieto still welcome at BU?

Given his off ice issues and the suspension he got while a member of the the national team as a result of those disgusting actions (see USHR for details) Parker would be crazy to let him and Trovino anywhere near each other.
            Interesting.

I highly doubt Parker would dismiss him from his verbal due to conduct unbecoming of a BU recruit... if John Sabo was allowed to stick around, this kid doesn't have anything to worry about.

Gotta love that US national program. Kids dropping a deuce on a girls car... good to see! Najeh Davenport, you've been one-upped.
            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-07-2010, 07:12 AM.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              thanks... i was just about to do the same. sounds like a fun evening for only $75/pp. plus there are some items there i want to go home with.
              You could bid on a day of golf for 3 at Franklin Country Club!
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

These read as though you get to bring and play with whomever you want... Not get stuck with a grumpy, grouchy host!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  These read as though you get to bring and play with whomever you want... Not get stuck with a grumpy, grouchy host!!
                  Most clubs require a member to play with guests. Some, like Wally World (Wollaston) allow 1 member with 7 guests. We have higher standards!
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                    In the latest article on the freep it seems that the coaches had been doing these bike rides for all the culprits and when Saponari the Greater and Trivino decided to show up so late they basically skipped the mandatory bike ride.

That was the last straw.
                    disciplined-hockey-players-among-13-15-drinking-before-semifinal-sources-say

After a hollow "effort" by the team in January, UNH maybe, I recall JP stating that the "give a **** level" was very low for many of the guys on the team. I guess these are two examples of what the coaches and captains were dealing with last season. I speculate that the team will be on a very short leash next season.
                    Last edited by buoldtimer; 05-07-2010, 08:49 AM.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                      All off-ice issues aside, are most people glad it was Vinny who got the boot,
                      I'm glad he is gone... sounds like the kind of player that can ruin a team. Even after getting drunk within 40 hours of a semi-final and then skipping the mandatory punishment the kid takes a why-me tone in his interview. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I'm glad he is gone... sounds like the kind of player that can ruin a team. Even after getting drunk within 40 hours of a semi-final and then skipping the mandatory punishment the kid takes a why-me tone in his interview. Good riddance.
                        Not going to comment too much on this story, but I will point out that this conversation that Vinny Saponari referenced took place on April 22:

"[Vinny] Saponari said that a few weeks ago, just after the end of the season, he and Parker met and discussed Saponari’s role with the team. The meeting, according to Saponari, went well.

'We talked about me being more responsible as a leader and being more committed to the team,' Saponari said. 'I agreed that I needed to be and wanted to be, and that was about the gist of it.'”

Saponari was then late to the bike ride on April 24.
                        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          Not particularly, but that's what BU Hammer said via text message, and I don't have any reason not to trust him, so...
                          Originally posted by Beantownhitter View Post
                          I would think you would want to be sure of something before you posted it.
                          Interesting! This post re the bike ride issue earned me my first ever neg rep, along with the comment "die in a fire". LOL.

Comment

Interesting! This post re the bike ride issue earned me my first ever neg rep, along with the comment "die in a fire". LOL.
                            I can assure you that wasn't from me. Anyone who knows me at all can vouch for that.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              Not particularly, but that's what BU Hammer said via text message, and I don't have any reason not to trust him, so...
                              I would think you would want to be sure of something before you posted it.

Comment

Yeah, whoever it was should offer Beantownhitter a pos. rep as an apology. Just double-checked, and the bikes were stationary. I was under the impression they were real bikes outdoors, though I didn't put that in the story because I wasn't 100 percent sure. Sorry for the confusion.
                                Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X