Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    wait! you blame me for correcting your guesses by changing what i corrected and restating wrong guesses?!?!?! (all subject to change, of course )
    Something like that.

Too bad you can't white out smileys, eh? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      I blame mookie for this, but hey anything beats studying, so here goes
      O: Officially Announced (could still change, but last year the only reason games changed was for Frozen Fenway)
      S: Strong Prediction (I'd be willing to wager a few bucks this game will take place
      M: Medium Prediction (Depending on my mood you'd be able to talk me into betting money)
      W: Weak Prediction (Not getting any money out of me)

10/2 vs. U. of Toronto
      10/8 Ice Breaker vs. Holy Cross/Wisconsin O
      10/9 Ice Breaker vs. Holy Cross/Wisconsin O
      10/15 @ UMass W
      10/16 vs UMass W
      10/23 vs. Providence O
      10/29 vs UML M
      10/30 @ UML M
      11/5 vs NU W
      11/6 vs. Maine O
      11/12 @ MC M
      11/13 vs MC M
      11/19 vs. New Hampshire O
      11/20 @ New Hampshire O
      11/23 vs. Harvard O
      11/27 vs. Brown O
      12/03 @ BC S
      12/04 vs BC S
      12/11 @ Rensselaer O
      1/1 Shillelagh vs. Minnesota St-Mankato O
      1/2 Shillelagh vs. Brown/Notre Dame O
      1/8 @ UVM W
      1/14 vs MC W
      1/21 vs/@ BC S
      1/22 @ New Hampshire O
      1/28 @ Maine O
      1/29 @ Maine O
      2/4 @ UMass M
      2/7 Beanpot vs. Boston College O
      2/11 vs. UML M
      2/14 Beanpot vs. Harvard/Northeastern O
      2/18 vs. Providence O
      2/19 @ Providence O
      2/25 vs UVM S
      2/26 vs UVM S
      3/4 @ NU S
      3/5 vs NU S

The one thing I noticed was that last year's schedule seems to be very similar to this coming year's schedule for the HE team's that have announced it so I tried to mimic last years as much as possible. However, I tried to mimic the tentative schedule BU had pre Frozen Fenway since that schedule fit better with what the rest of the league was/is doing. Also the Beanpot went from falling as early as possible to falling as late as possible, so that caused a slight shift from last year to this year.

The most likely change I see is one of the early games with UMass being moved to early/mid January in the same weekend as either MC or UVM.

FL/Hammer, where did you hear/read about the U Toronto game?

OK thanks. Maybe I am a little confused, but is BU playing in the Great Lakes Inv this year. It is already listed on the JL arena website.--

December 29 & 30, 2010
      Wednesday, December 29
      Partipants: Michigan Tech., University of Michigan, Michigan State University, and Boston University

Thursday, December 30
      Third Place & Championship Game

Buy Tickets

Comment

Originally posted by BU Ken View Post
        OK thanks. Maybe I am a little confused, but is BU playing in the Great Lakes Inv this year. It is already listed on the JL arena website.--

December 29 & 30, 2010
        Wednesday, December 29
        Partipants: Michigan Tech., University of Michigan, Michigan State University, and Boston University

Thursday, December 30

Buy Tickets
        I think BC plays in the GLI this year.
        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Ken View Post

December 29 & 30, 2010
          Wednesday, December 29

Thursday, December 30

Buy Tickets
          Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
          I think BC plays in the GLI this year.
          TBA is correct we swapped years with them, so BU will be in it next year. If you were planning on going you should consider going to Hoffman that weekend instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            FL/Hammer, where did you hear/read about the U Toronto game?
            Bernie announced it at the end of the banquet.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

So mookie, no Tuesday before Thanksgiving game?

BTW, I now have your schedule (more or less) on the blog. Throwing journalistic integrity out the window on this one.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

There has to be more to the story than the St. Patricks Day incident, then showing up late for the punishment day, and a you tube video. I am guessing that there were more rules broken, etc. to justify being released from the team.
                Vinny Saponari is a great hockey player, and IF these were the only problems with him, I feel badly about it.....but as said......I suspect there is more to the story

Comment

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
                  Vinny Saponari is a great hockey player...

We've got different definitions for what's considered a great hockey player. How would you describe Wilson or Gilroy (or even Yip) then?
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    We've got different definitions for what's considered a great hockey player. How would you describe Wilson or Gilroy (or even Yip) then?
                    Hey. Just because Vinny couldn't find the puck when it was gift-wrapped for him at the doorstep of the net doesn't mean he's not as good as . . . oh wait.
                    April 11th 2009
                    October 27th 2004
                    October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

golf tournament - https://secure-alumni.bu.edu/olc/pub...&event=2248861

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
                        There has to be more to the story than the St. Patricks Day incident, then showing up late for the punishment day, and a you tube video. I am guessing that there were more rules broken, etc. to justify being released from the team.
                        Vinny Saponari is a great hockey player, and IF these were the only problems with him, I feel badly about it.....but as said......I suspect there is more to the story
                        I think it is a safe assumption that this was an ongoing issue... and those were the items that sealed thier doom.

Comment

Disciplined hockey players among 13-15 drinking before semifinal, sources say

Comment

It really makes me happy that I spent money to see these a**h***s play that Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              It really makes me happy that I spent money to see these a**h***s play that Friday night.
                              I'm happy someone else said what I was thinking. Just deleted a whole long rant for the sake of everyone's sanity.

Comment

How on Earth does a team captain let this happen?
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X