Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    First this conversation is ridiculous because you are so pro-"DW" that I have to come down on the negative side of this conversation (because your side is based on emotion, not fact), even though he is one of my favorite players.

But to your post, Jack has given overzealous compliments of players, February comes to mind when he mentioned #10 was All-American caliber.

Jacks Xmas letter proves that theory Harry...

Also as an aside have you ever discussed your USA jersey purchase with the kid or any member of his family members?
    Why would you care

Comment

[QUOTE=Agganis;4810037]First this conversation is ridiculous because you are so pro-"DW" that I have to come down on the negative side of this conversation (because your side is based on emotion, not fact), even though he is one of my favorite players.

Other peoples quotes and opinions are ridiculous? Talk to JP, Chiarelli and anyone that has logic and a history on their side

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Where did anyone say he was turning pro after next year?

"Entering his junior year at Boston University, the 20-year-old Warsofsky said he has no plans to leave school."

Slasher, Nick and JD. Please email them immediatly so they can rescind, I think they have a 48 hour window. The 3 stooges

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli, however, is not fazed by Warsofsky’s stature.

“He sees the ice. He moves the puck,’’ Chiarelli told the Globe after the trade. “He’s almost 190 pounds. We see him a lot. We like him.’’

Count BU coach Jack Parker among Warsofsky’s biggest supporters. “He’s really solid in all three zones,’’ said Parker, noting that Warsofsky uses his body well and has good vision. “He’s a smart defensive player and keeps his guy in control.’’

His best asset is his ability to move the puck, an ingredient the Bruins lost when they traded defenseman Dennis Wideman to Florida.

“He’s best when he’s rushing the puck into the offensive end and making outlet passes,’’ Parker said of Warsofsky, who had 23 points on 12 goals and 11 assists last season, tying for the national lead in shorthanded goals with four. “He’s a guy who can create offense from the blue line and start the attack. He’s a very smart offensive player who can take care of things defensively.’’

“People will always say he needs to overcome his size. Well, the size is not there, so you have to be special. And he is,’’ Parker said. “The fact he sees the ice so well will make his size not an issue. All the intangibles are there, character-wise, and he’s got enough skill to play on any level.’’

JP who throws compliments around like manhole covers. Come on Jack, check with Moe, Larry and Curley next time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZgV...eature=related
        It was in the paper yesterday. Not a quote from him but a line in the Bruins Notes section that he'd return next year but sign next summer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hokydad;4810046]
          First this conversation is ridiculous because you are so pro-"DW" that I have to come down on the negative side of this conversation (because your side is based on emotion, not fact), even though he is one of my favorite players.

Other peoples quotes and opinions are ridiculous? Talk to JP, Chiarelli and anyone that has logic and a history on their side
          Besides the worst choke ever, what 'history' does Chiarelli have on his side? The bottom line is there aren't many 5"8" defensemen in the NHL so the odds of him making it at that position are slim.

Comment

Jacks Xmas letter proves that theory Harry...
            Your theory is that compliments from him are given extremely sparingly, my comment was I wouldn't go that far. One letter cannot prove that he very rarely gives comments, it can only show one time when he didn't give many.

Why would you care
            Why the hesitation to answer when you were so quick to previously state how frequently you talk to him. Has this just never come up in the past few months?

Yes some people have ridiculous opinions, don't believe me? Click here.

Well what about St. Louis' front office, do they not have numerous people with more knowledge of hockey than any of us? Yet they still traded the next Bobby Orr for a mere Sobotka?

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
              It was in the paper yesterday. Not a quote from him but a line in the Bruins Notes section that he'd return next year but sign next summer.
              thats not what you said....

Comment

Well what about St. Louis' front office, do they not have numerous people with more knowledge of hockey than any of us? Yet they still traded the next Bobby Orr for a mere Sobotka?
                Agganis wins this thread.

Comment

It's refreshing to see Bruins management praise a player they just acquired. I'm so sick of teams trading for players and then immediately slamming their shortcomings in the press.
                  "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                    Agganis wins this thread.
                    I dunno slasher, I think you were one post too early on calling this thread:

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                    It's refreshing to see Bruins management praise a player they just acquired. I'm so sick of teams trading for players and then immediately slamming their shortcomings in the press.

Comment

Ha, good point. Co-thread champions for you two

Comment

Your theory is that compliments from him are given extremely sparingly, my comment was I wouldn't go that far. One letter cannot prove that he very rarely gives comments, it can only show one time when he didn't give many.

hey, he has an opinon. I know his evaluation pales compared to the 3 stooges but what to heck, we might as well hear it

Why the hesitation to answer when you were so quick to previously state how frequently you talk to him. Has this just never come up in the past few months?

Never said anything of the sort.

they needed a player to play now, to get something you have to give up something.

Not many prospects get traded for a current player straight up. Shows the value both orgs put on him.

Comment

exactly, simply shows how much they value him...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            No mention of you???
                            Apparently not. I searched for "Horse Whisperer" but couldn't find anything.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Apparently not. I searched for "Horse Whisperer" but couldn't find anything.
                              Lol!!!
                              Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM. Reason: Remove embedded audio

Comment

Slasher, Nick and JD. Please email them immediatly so they can rescind, I think they have a 48 hour window. The 3 stooges
                                Just curious, but did I ever say this was a terrible trade for the Bruins or anything even close to that?

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                                Yes, but if a player has the intensity and the drive to succeed at the next level even with that limitation, I would say Warsofsky has that chance as much as anyone else does.

And it seems that you are coming into the BU thread, with some other BC posters to basically slam Warso's chances of making it before he's even tried.

That might not be your intention but its how you're coming across.
                                TBA, I agree that Warsofsky has a chance because he is very talented. I just think at his size and position, it makes it a lot harder. I shouldn't be coming across that way. My issue is with hokydad, not Warsofsky.

Bingo.

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X