Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    ps- Thats great about the Red Wings but DW is 5'7", not 5"10".
    This is another point I was gonna make. Warsofsky is listed as 5'9''. I know what 5'9'' looks like and it's not "DW".

Comment

I'm 5-8 and thinking back to interviews I've had with Warsofsky, I'm pretty much eye level with him. I don't think there was more than half an inch one way or the other, but it wasn't really something I ever paid all that much attention to.

PS- (insert Nick P stalker joke here)
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I would guess its time to move on and let him finish his next 2 years at BU and enjoy that first

I will go with Chiarelli, Sweeney and Bourque et all. Bourque laughed when someone told him DW was to short to play in the NHL

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          I will go with Chiarelli, Sweeney and Bourque et all. Bourque laughed when someone told him DW was to short to play in the NHL
          Did Ray laugh when people told him Chris Bourque was too small? Cause ya know, he's probably not laughing now that his kid had to run to the KHL and sign with a Russian team.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If Zdeno is still around they should pair him with Warsofksy and have a Muggsy Bogues/Manute Bol thing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Did Ray laugh when people told him Chris Bourque was too small? Cause ya know, he's probably not laughing now that his kid had to run to the KHL and sign with a Russian team.
              Probably. laughed when he was named MVP of Calder

The same age Gilroy was playing with 18 and 19 year olds, Bourque was doing this.

He is still a kid and will continue a very nice carear

Hershey Bears winger Chris Bourque named playoff MVP
              Published: Monday, June 14, 2010, 11:56 PM Updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 1:09 AM
              TIM LEONE, The Patriot-News

View full size
              Hershey Bears Chris Bourque is congratulated by teammates after being named the MVP of the playoffs after the Bears defeated Texas Stars in game 6 of the Calder Cup finals at Giant Center .06/14/2010 Sean Simmers, The Patriot - News

PAUL CHAPLIN, The Patriot-NewsHershey Bears and their fans celebrate after Karl Azner's goal gave the Bears a 2-0 first-period lead over the Texas Stars.
              Chris Bourque has been a touchstone during an epic run of excellence that began in 2005-06 for the Hershey Bears.

Thus, it was fitting that the left winger was named the winner of the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy as playoff MVP Monday night after Hershey won its third Calder Cup in the past five seasons.

“It’s special,” Bourque said. “It’s my third time winning it. This is the best one of all.”

Bourque became the first man in the club’s 72-year AHL history to be on three Hershey Calder Cup teams as a player.

“That’s pretty awesome,” Bourque said. “Maybe that will sink in once things settle down here. It’s been a fun ride since I’ve been here in Hershey. All the fans are awesome. All the guys are awesome.”

Bourque and teammate Alex Giroux tied for the AHL playoff scoring lead (27 points). Bourque had seven goals and 20 assists.

“When he came to the team, that’s when things really came together for us,” Bears defenseman Patrick McNeill said. “The proof is in the stats. He’s a hell of a hockey player.”

At the start of the season, Bourque was claimed off waivers from the Washington Capitals by the Pittsburgh Penguins and played 20 NHL games. When Pittsburgh tried to assign him to the AHL, the Caps claimed him back for Hershey in early December.

“The biggest acquisition of the year, to get a guy and not have to give something up,” Bears head coach Mark French said.

Bourque had 70 points (22 goals, 48 assists) in 49 games in the regular season.

“If he would have played a full season, he certainly would have eclipsed the 100-point mark and probably would have fought tooth and nail to get the [regular-season] MVP [with Giroux and MVP winner and teammate Keith Aucoin],” French said. “It’s kind of fitting that he gets the playoff MVP. He was a special player all through it.”

Bourque and the Bears also went to the Calder Cup finals in 2006-07, when they lost to Hamilton. He credited Doug Yingst, president-GM of the Bears, and the Caps organization for their commitment to winning.

“They make sure they put a good team in front of this crowd,” Bourque said. “It’s unbelievable. Back to back [Calder Cup championships]. It’s so much fun to play here. I’ve had so much fun the last five years. It’s crazy.”

Comment

I would guess its time to move on and let him finish his next 2 years at BU and enjoy that first

Has Chiarelli ever been wrong about a player? I'm guessing yes.

Also, do you have a link to a Bourque quote or is this just another case where we're supposed to believe you?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Has Chiarelli ever been wrong about a player? I'm guessing yes.

Also, do you have a link to a Bourque quote or is this just another case where we're supposed to believe you?
                  negative, all negative

he might be wrong but I do know for a fact they know more than you

Comment

Why does it matter if he is 5'8 or 5'9 or 5'10? One inch, two inches, they aren't going to be the difference in him sticking in the NHL or not. He'll make it if he has the talent and work ethic to succeed.
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                      Why does it matter if he is 5'8 or 5'9 or 5'10? One inch, two inches, they aren't going to be the difference in him sticking in the NHL or not. He'll make it if he has the talent and work ethic to succeed.
                      exactly.....

he might be eye to eye to the blogger on here but also is eye to eye with sweeney, who played in a tougher period size wise

Comment

he might be wrong but I do know for a fact they know more than you
                        You keep saying this as if someone's debating it. Chiarelli gets paid to be an NHL GM. Of course he knows more about it than me and YOU. So did Mike Milbury...

Stop getting so upset just because some of us might disagree with Chiarelli about a player. That's what happens between fans/management.

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        I agree with your larger point, but at the same time, 5'8 and 5'10 is a big difference for dmen IMO. It's even a challenge for guys 5'10 to succeed on d. It's only natural for it to get tougher as you take a couple inches off.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                          Gionta is a forward (which is why Ive been saying Warsofsky has a better shot of succeeding if he moved up front).
                          I remember an ex-BC defenseman who had a very good career with the Rangers that was tiny.

I met Leetch one night out at a bar and he's very, very short.

Maybe 5'8"? Not sure what he was listed at.

His legs and forearms were massive though.

I'd say he did pretty well as a smooth skating, puck-moving defenseman.

Update: Wikipedia lists him at 6 feet. No way.
                          Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 07-01-2010, 10:41 AM. Reason: looked something up.
                          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

http://www.nesn.com/2010/06/bu-stand...portsdesk.html

Comment

Hockeydb has Leetch at 6'1

No way in hell he was 5'8 and taken 9th overall

Comment

No mention of you???

Comment

Working...
                                X