Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    He won't be a regular NHL defenseman. He's too small. This is the Flutie argument all over again.
    As flawed as hokydad's "he'll be a successful NHL defenseman because he's been successful at every other level" argument is, your above logic is just as flawed. You and hokydad are at the two opposite ends of the stupid scale right now. Just like being successful at other levels doesn't guarantee he will make it, being small doesn't guarantee he won't.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I agree

Never said I gaurantee he will make it. Just feel he will

They call me the horse whisperer of hockey

just like I knew Decosta was special last fall before he played a single Hockey East game

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        just like I knew Decosta was special last fall before he played a single Hockey East game
        And yet you still can't spell his name right.

Facepalm
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

*****http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cookiemonster.jpg******
          time to write new history

Comment

I think they call you a horse's azz. You must not be able to understand them because of that sound system you have in your candyvan trying to impress the boys.

Get your head out of the gutter.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Don't even go down the Dave Emma trail. That one is still absurd and had more to do with politics than play
              Sure, politics. Emma was the best NCAA player in the country and washed out in the NHL and it only had to do with politics. I forgot you know everything. I guess all you need to do is dominate Marshfield Youth Hockey to guarantee a long career in professional hockey. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                As flawed as hokydad's "he'll be a successful NHL defenseman because he's been successful at every other level" argument is, your above logic is just as flawed. You and hokydad are at the two opposite ends of the stupid scale right now. Just like being successful at other levels doesn't guarantee he will make it, being small doesn't guarantee he won't.
                Small doesn't guarantee he won't, but on defense, it's a huge hinderance. I think if he made the switch to wing, he could do quite well considering how offensively gifted he is. I think he'll be a disaster playing in the NHL on defense for a team like the Bruins.

82 games playing on the blue line against 6'4" forwards instead of 40 games playing against future accountants is where Warsofsky will hit the wall, regardless of what Candyvan seems to think.

Comment

Small doesn't guarantee he won't, but on defense, it's a huge hinderance. I think if he made the switch to wing, he could do quite well considering how offensively gifted he is. I think he'll be a disaster playing in the NHL on defense for a team like the Bruins.

82 games playing on the blue line against 6'4" forwards instead of 40 games playing against future accountants is where Warsofsky will hit the wall, regardless of what Candyvan seems to think.
                  Seeing that the vast majority of teams have zero F's at 6'4" and average 6'0", your typical inflating is typical

Put it this way, Red Wings have more 5'9" or 5'10" D than they do 6'4" F's(zero)

Comment

Seeing that the vast majority of teams have zero F's at 6'4" and average 6'0", your typical inflating is typical

Put it this way, Red Wings have more 5'9" or 5'10" D than they do 6'4" F's(zero)
                    Let's just cut to the chase. Who do you think will introduce Warsofsky at his Hall of Fame speech in 20 years? I assume he'll dominate the NHL the way he dominated teams like the Southcoast Seahawks and Taunton Brewins back in the South Shore Conference. Maybe they can just induct him now and let us all avoid the hassle of actually having to play...

ps- Thats great about the Red Wings but DW is 5'7", not 5"10".

Comment

Don't even go down the Dave Emma trail. That one is still absurd and had more to do with politics than play
                      Here's a link to a bunch of high NHL draft picks from college who washed out. I didnt' realize how many kids didnt' make it to show because of "politics"...

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Arch..._bestworst.htm

Comment

Is it really typical? Or just not surprising? Maybe its normal? It sure isn't out of the ordinary. I guess it's just par for the course.

Oh and feel free to use those at any point in the future where you are at a loss for words.
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Let's just cut to the chase. Who do you think will introduce Warsofsky at his Hall of Fame speech in 20 years? I assume he'll dominate the NHL the way he dominated teams like the Southcoast Seahawks and Taunton Brewins back in the South Shore Conference. Maybe they can just induct him now and let us all avoid the hassle of actually having to play...

ps- Thats great about the Red Wings but DW is 5'7", not 5"10".
                          He is listed by all counts at 5'9" 180

Now he is as small as Giunta?

Comment

Your redundancy is redundant.

I think we can all agree that at his height he is going against the odds and that he has been going against the odds for some time. BUT, those odds were not dramatic jumps from any level to the next from his current journey. The jump is going to be huge in the NHL and the odds increase dramatically against him. Maybe he does it, maybe he doesn't. I wouldn't count on it but I wouldn't bet the house on him failing either.

The more interesting question is why there are so few defensemen at the next level. You could make a case for Warsofsky's projected success even at the next level because players at his size are simply persuaded far earlier to move up to forward. So even at this point in his career, there are not many Dmen his size. So perhaps success rate of making the jump to the NHL is higher than we think despite (and because) having so few.

The 5'8" frame (or did he grow? come on candyvan we're dying to know if your best buddy DW grew or not) even getting up to 190-200 lbs is going to take a beating going back and retrieving pucks behind his own goal line.

ps - (insert BC gambling joke about odds here for my good friend rover).
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Surely, you can confirm it since you are good friends with him rather than rely on a roster that might have (or might not have) INFLATED his height.

Who is Giunta? Is he related to the Mass hockey dad (hokydad?) that got 6-10 years for killing his kid's hockey coach?

Comment

Gionta is a forward (which is why Ive been saying Warsofsky has a better shot of succeeding if he moved up front).

Comment

Working...
                                X