Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    a) I don't get Columbus Day as a holiday (though I have a bazillion vacation days, so it's not the issue).
    b) If I go, it means an extra night in a hotel.
    c) I may be going to a work conference in San Fran that starts on Monday and was hoping to fly from St. Louis to San Fran on Sunday since the tournament would normally be over on Saturday night. Now that the games are Friday/Sunday, I won't be able to do both. Not sure if I'm going to this conference, but if I do, I can't go to St. Louis. If I don't, I'll be there.
    Ah yes, you mentioned that earlier. Can't you make up a story about being big into white Europeans oppressing native peoples and that you need to celebrate Mr. Columbus's history, conference or not

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    If you can't fill a car for RPI, I'm sure we'll have at least one open seat, maybe two.
    I could trade a ride for a home cooked meal if you headed up early, I have family 15 min from the rink.

Luckily for me both of the Wed games first semester are at home. I have class 3:30-6:30, so if they were road games, that could've been a problem. I might just have to turn over line chart delivery duties for those games.
    SMG has exams 5-7pm or 6-8pm during random days (almost always Tues, Weds, or Thurs) instead of during regular class hours. I won't know when those are until September 2nd, looks like I'll have my fingers crossed for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      I could trade a ride for a home cooked meal if you headed up early, I have family 15 min from the rink.
      Did I say we should have room? What I meant was we have room.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Coyle goes 28th to San Jose.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Coyle goes 28th to San Jose.
          I was hoping he'd stick around to #32.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
            That would've been nice, but as a B's fan first and foremost, there are guys on the board right now that I like more than Coyle, namely Jon Merrill, Tyler Pitlick, Tyler Toffoli and John McFarland.

Comment

That would've been nice, but as a B's fan first and foremost, there are guys on the board right now that I like more than Coyle, namely Jon Merrill, Tyler Pitlick, Tyler Toffoli and John McFarland.
              Looks a lot like Bob McKenzie's draft board.

Having no first sucks, boring night.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Coyle is the 10th BU player taken in the first round of an NHL draft, joining Colin Wilson, Kevin Shattenkirk, Ryan Whitney, Rick DiPietro, Jeff Kealty, Scott Lachance, Keith Tkachuk, Scott Young and David Quinn.
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Gryba Dekes View Post
                  He wouldn't have made it past 30.
                  "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Cisse goes 5th round, 150th overall to Atlanta.

Comment

Warsofsky's rights traded to the B's for Vladimir Sobotka. Needless to say, I'm pretty giddy about this.

Comment

Warsofsky's rights traded to the B's for Vladimir Sobotka. Needless to say, I'm pretty giddy about this.
                        Apparently you're a minority. I'm entertaining myself reading Bruins fans cry into their cheerios on various message boards about this.

Amazing that there's great college hockey in Boston and half of the Bruins fans have never seen or heard of the players.
                        "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                          Amazing that there's great college hockey in Boston and half of the Bruins fans have never seen or heard of the players.
                          I'm not sure it's this as much as it is the B's losing a solid 3rd/4th line center for a 5'9 165 pound defensive prospect. While Warso has been great at BU and looked really good at the WJC, what do you all think his chances of someday making the Bruins (or another NHL team) are?
                          "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

"That was a disgrace to the US soccer program; a disgrace to the uniform. They may have racked up all kinds of shots and time of possession, but they were never committed to the effort required to win in the knockout stage of the World Cup. That was one team knowing what it takes to win in the knockout stage of the World Cup and dedicating themselves to it and another knowing what it takes and saying this all we have to do. That was a disguised effort. I could see this coming all week in practice. All fancy passes and dipsy doodle; no grit. Once again, no veteran leadership. They think that just because we wear this uniform, teams will fall down and make things easy. Because that's the way this team wants it to be - easy. Now the problem I have is the young guys. They'll think 'this is the way we do things'. Well, I'll tell you that is not the way we do things. They can have their Saturday night and Sunday to enjoy themselves. But Monday afternoon at 3:00 PM, they'll begin to realize that is not the way we do things and what it means to wear that uniform. Sorry, that's all I have to say tonight!"
                            Last edited by buoldtimer; 06-26-2010, 04:41 PM.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              Apparently you're a minority. I'm entertaining myself reading Bruins fans cry into their cheerios on various message boards about this.

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                              I'm not sure it's this as much as it is the B's losing a solid 3rd/4th line center for a 5'9 165 pound defensive prospect. While Warso has been great at BU and looked really good at the WJC, what do you all think his chances of someday making the Bruins (or another NHL team) are?
                              Yeah, Sobotka's a solid 4th-line center, but so is Greg Campbell, the guy we just got from Florida as part of the Horton deal. And we have plenty of 3rd/4th-line wings, too, so there wasn't really room for both Sobotka and Campbell. I'd be willing to bet that any of those B's fans crying about this either A) don't realize Campbell and Sobotka are basically the same player, and/or B) have never seen Warsofsky play.

As for your question, Whit, there's no doubt in my mind that Warsofsky will play in the NHL some day. It's probably at least two or three years down the road, but I have no doubt that it will happen.

Comment

Re: oldtimer (phone won't quote posts for some reason)

If only #22 converted that great goal scoring opportunity to tie from in close nobody would be whining nearly as much.
                                Last edited by Agganis; 06-26-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X