Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
    I would love to go to that game. But it's on a Wednesday. Seriously? They didn't have a single Saturday free??
    Yeah, I'm definitely not thrilled about having three Wednesday games. Especially weird that two of them are conference games. If I'm not mistaken, there were only like two weeknight HE games in the whole league last year, and one of those was a last-minute change because of the Fenway game.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Yeah, I'm definitely not thrilled about having three Wednesday games. Especially weird that two of them are conference games. If I'm not mistaken, there were only like two weeknight HE games in the whole league last year, and one of those was a last-minute change because of the Fenway game.
      BC had two weeknight games themselves last year (Merrimack and Providence i believe) and, yes, they s**k........the Providence game may be the one you are referring to as being moved

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        BC had two weeknight games themselves last year (Merrimack and Providence i believe) and, yes, they s**k........the Providence game may be the one you are referring to as being moved
        Yeah it was. I forgot BC played Merrimack on a weeknight, too. The other one I was thinking of was PC-NU.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          I know, I'm just a little bitter that they also chose to raise ticket prices this year for this crock of **** home schedule. I don't expect WCHA or CCHA powerhouses each year, but something better than two of the three worst teams in the ECAC would be nice, especially if they're trying to justify a ticket price raise.
          Seriously, this complaining is really so ridiculous. If they had raised them last year would you have just shut up and paid it because they won it all the year before? The home schedule should have nothing to do with whether the arena chooses to raise ticket prices. The schedule is what it is. We've had it pretty good the last couple of years. That doesn't always happen. What happens if they do really well this year? Will you pay the higher prices then? The season is what the season is. They play the same teams in HE every year and then it's a crap shoot with the OOC schedule. The cost of season tickets should be separate from what the schedule is. If they go undefeated in OOC games - regardless of how crappy the teams are - and that gets then in the NCAAs, then how will you feel? If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. That's one thing. You shouldn't go into debt even if the best teams ever came to HAA. You should go into debt because they're your team that you support, regardless of who they play - 80+% of which are the exact same teams we play every single season.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Seriously, this complaining is really so ridiculous. If they had raised them last year would you have just shut up and paid it because they won it all the year before? The home schedule should have nothing to do with whether the arena chooses to raise ticket prices. The schedule is what it is. We've had it pretty good the last couple of years. That doesn't always happen. What happens if they do really well this year? Will you pay the higher prices then? The season is what the season is. They play the same teams in HE every year and then it's a crap shoot with the OOC schedule. The cost of season tickets should be separate from what the schedule is. If they go undefeated in OOC games - regardless of how crappy the teams are - and that gets then in the NCAAs, then how will you feel? If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. That's one thing. You shouldn't go into debt even if the best teams ever came to HAA. You should go into debt because they're your team that you support, regardless of who they play - 80+% of which are the exact same teams we play every single season.
            I understand your thoughts, my original comments were a bit from the initial disappointment of the schedule (and getting soaked walking home from work). That said, please don't preach to me on how and why to spend my money. A little out of line. And if wins against Brown and Harvard are making or breaking our NCAA tournament chances, we're very likely already up a creek.
            time to write new history

Comment

I understand your thoughts, my original comments were a bit from the initial disappointment of the schedule (and getting soaked walking home from work). That said, please don't preach to me on how and why to spend my money. A little out of line. And if wins against Brown and Harvard are making or breaking our NCAA tournament chances, we're very likely already up a creek.
              I don't know... I don't disagree that they should pick a year with a better schedule to raise ticket prices.... considering especially that we are already at the higher end of ticket prices in college hockey.... I didn't do the math.. what is the face value per ticket this year?

Nobody should be going into debt for their tickets...for any reason... its more a matter of what are peoples price threshold... and for me they are starting to flirt with that line.... i have not sent in the renewal yet... and in truth am debating it (although I'm 95% sure I'll send it in)

While we have had it pretty good the past couple of years, this schedule is god awful. I don't think anyone mentioned... no Tuesday before turkey game... this is the first year in ages that I don't know what I'm doing that night.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                I don't know... I don't disagree that they should pick a year with a better schedule to raise ticket prices.... considering especially that we are already at the higher end of ticket prices in college hockey.... I didn't do the math.. what is the face value per ticket this year?

Nobody should be going into debt for their tickets...for any reason... its more a matter of what are peoples price threshold... and for me they are starting to flirt with that line.... i have not sent in the renewal yet... and in truth am debating it (although I'm 95% sure I'll send it in)

While we have had it pretty good the past couple of years, this schedule is god awful. I don't think anyone mentioned... no Tuesday before turkey game... this is the first year in ages that I don't know what I'm doing that night.
                I believe it averages to 26.10$ per game (I know that some cost more than others, but I just averaged it out).

I won't be renewing mine, but it's purely from a financial (and location...al) standpoint - I decided long before the schedule came out.

Comment

I don't think anyone mentioned... no Tuesday before turkey game... this is the first year in ages that I don't know what I'm doing that night.
                  Why isn't Harvard that night?
                  time to write new history

Comment

I'm not preaching to you. Sorry if you read it that way. It wasn't my intention. All I'm trying to say is - if the tickets are too expensive and you can't pay, that's one thing. Totally understandable and it completely sucks and it's upsetting to me to see fewer people there because they've priced out some fans. But the schedule is more or less the same every year. There are what - 7 OOC games a year? That means 3 are here, the Beanpot is one, the others are on the road. People are that annoyed over 3 games? What if we win those 3 games, and the others? Vermont got into the NCAA's last season because they had a great OOC record. Who's to say that couldn't happen to BU this season? Not saying it will, but jeez, stranger things have happened in college hockey.

My complaints about the schedule this year is not who they play but when. The Ice Breaker is Friday/Sunday? Who does that? Makes no sense. The Shil-however you spell it tourney starts on New Year's Day, and a Saturday no less? Crap. And Wednesday games? Really? The Friday night road games are a pain, too.

Also, if the arena had raised prices last season, what would have been the response then (not just you - others here who have complained about the schedule)? They were just coming off a national championship. Would it have been less painful? Would people have renewed even if they couldn't afford it because ZOMG we won a national title?? Maybe. Which just goes to show you that the arena missed the boat. That's par for the course.

Quite honestly, I don't really care who they play at home. I just want to see them play well. Especially after last year. Doesn't matter if it's Denver or Union or Alaska or Niagara. Play well, play as a team, play with smarts and heart and win and see what happens from there.

Comment

stop crying and then stop buying face paint. then your per game costs will average out to the same as they used to be. you are an adult now, act like one.
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        I believe it averages to 26.10$ per game (I know that some cost more than others, but I just averaged it out).

I won't be renewing mine, but it's purely from a financial (and location...al) standpoint - I decided long before the schedule came out.
                        At $26.10 per game... they are getting close to ericredaxe looking into a Bruins 10 game plan or something along those lines... to me, schedule aside, its college hockey which IMO should be priced more along the lines of AHL hockey... too bad the Lockmonsters moved to Albany... that takes away some competition!

Comment

At $26.10 per game... they are getting close to ericredaxe looking into a Bruins 10 game plan or something along those lines... to me, schedule aside, its college hockey which IMO should be priced more along the lines of AHL hockey... too bad the Lockmonsters moved to Albany... that takes away some competition!
                          That was something I was thinking as well. Since I'll be a lot closer to the Monarchs now than BU, I'm thinking I'll be taking in a few more of those games. I had initially considered commuting down to the games, but the cost of tix plus gas was too much. I'll be catching a few away games though - Lowell, Merrimack, probably UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            From 12/11-2/11, we have road trips to RPI, Chicago, UVM, Merrimack, UNH, Maine and UMass. That's a lot of mileage in 2 months.
                            It would be impossible for the UVM game to fall at a better time for me, as that is the hardest game to justify driving to next season (Over 8hrs total driving for 1 game) but 10 days after Christmas (retail slave who has to fight for every minute off in December here) yet still during break is perfect. RPI isn't too bad of a drive at all (2.5 hrs one way) but it falling right before finals will probably make it significantly harder to fill up a car to go there. Amherst on a Friday, is well Amherst on a Friday, 4 hours total driving, just 3 of them are on the way there

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            I guess we're not going to see the Big Red at Agganis or have BU trek up to Lynah.
                            So who wants to pick a neutral game at Lynah that wouldn't interfere with the BU schedule and head up with me (Only half joking, that was/is the venue that I was most looking forward to visit)

You should go into debt because they're your team that you support
                            I need a financial planner like you to justify my hockey spending

My complaints about the schedule this year is not who they play but when. The Ice Breaker is Friday/Sunday? Who does that? Makes no sense. The Shil-however you spell it tourney starts on New Year's Day, and a Saturday no less? Crap. And Wednesday games? Really? The Friday night road games are a pain, too.
                            I missed it the first time to, but as mookie pointed out the Monday after the Icebreaker is a Holiday so Friday/Sunday seems logical, and almost beneficial, to me. I will, however, be beyond furious if I have an exam on any of the Wednesday's in question.

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            stop crying and then stop buying face paint. then your per game costs will average out to the same as they used to be. you are an adult now, act like one.
                            Not making a statement at all about your point (who am I to tell someone what the right way to be a fan is?), but that reminded me of a line from Fever Pitch, the good one, not the remake adjusted to be about baseball: "Why is it that adults aren't supposed to go mad about anything? You gotta keep a lid on it. And if you don't then people are apparently entitled to say what they like. You haven't grown up. You're a moron. Your conversation is trivial and boorish. You can't express your emotional needs. You can't relate to your children. And you die, lonely and miserable. But you know, what the hell, every cloud has a silver lining."
                            Last edited by Agganis; 06-24-2010, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              I missed it the first time to, but as mookie pointed out the Monday after the Icebreaker is a Holiday so Friday/Sunday seems logical, and almost beneficial, to me. I will, however, be beyond furious if I have an exam on any of the Wednesday's in question.
                              a) I don't get Columbus Day as a holiday (though I have a bazillion vacation days, so it's not the issue).
                              b) If I go, it means an extra night in a hotel.
                              c) I may be going to a work conference in San Fran that starts on Monday and was hoping to fly from St. Louis to San Fran on Sunday since the tournament would normally be over on Saturday night. Now that the games are Friday/Sunday, I won't be able to do both. Not sure if I'm going to this conference, but if I do, I can't go to St. Louis. If I don't, I'll be there.

Comment

It would be impossible for the UVM game to fall at a better time for me, as that is the hardest game to justify driving to next season (Over 8hrs total driving for 1 game) but 10 days after Christmas (retail slave who has to fight for every minute off in December here) yet still during break is perfect. RPI isn't too bad of a drive at all (2.5 hrs one way) but it falling right before finals will probably make it significantly harder to fill up a car to go there. Amherst on a Friday, is well Amherst on a Friday, 4 hours total driving, just 3 of them are on the way there
                                I would love the timing of the UVM game if it weren't for the fact that my friend at UVM isn't gonna be up there that weekend, meaning if I wanna get in a day of snowboarding that Sunday, I gotta get a hotel room. Still, it's hard to pass up a trip to Stowe or Killington when you have to drive right by them. I'll figure out a way to make it work.

I'm not really complaining about any of the driving. I actually like driving and road trips, and I should have plenty of money to spend by the end of the summer. If you can't fill a car for RPI, I'm sure we'll have at least one open seat, maybe two.

I will, however, be beyond furious if I have an exam on any of the Wednesday's in question.
                                Luckily for me both of the Wed games first semester are at home. I have class 3:30-6:30, so if they were road games, that could've been a problem. I might just have to turn over line chart delivery duties for those games.

Comment

Working...
                                X