Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
    They could still lose to Northeastern or Harvard. That would have to be worse.
    Man, that would be the ultimate. LOL. Miami is like Charlie Brown kicking the football. Good times...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
      This will never, ever get old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-mBI...eature=related

How great was this?

Where were you and how did you react?

Me?

I was in DC and I just slumped into my seat and asked somebody next to me if that "really just happened?".

Not sure if I'd prefer the cakewalk number BC did over Wisco over this.

I'll certainly never forget this...

I was in my living room in Northern California texting my daughter in Oregon that it had been a great season and we can learn from losses...then all hell broke loose!

Comment

Anybody know more about the "scheduling oversight" that forced BU to drop out of the GLI?

http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines/97033049.html

Colorado College is replacing the Terriers....

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          Anybody know more about the "scheduling oversight" that forced BU to drop out of the GLI?

http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines/97033049.html

Colorado College is replacing the Terriers....
          From my understanding, it was not an oversight at all. The decision to go to the Shillelagh instead of the GLI was made about halfway through last season, at the latest. That's interesting that CC is replacing BU because originally the plan was simply for BU and BC to swap years (BC this year, BU next year). I also found it interesting that the schedules for Michigan and Michigan Tech still listed BU in the GLI. If a bunch of BU people have known about the swap for +/- 6 months, I would've assumed they did too.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            From my understanding, it was not an oversight at all. The decision to go to the Shillelagh instead of the GLI was made about halfway through last season, at the latest. That's interesting that CC is replacing BU because originally the plan was simply for BU and BC to swap years (BC this year, BU next year). I also found it interesting that the schedules for Michigan and Michigan Tech still listed BU in the GLI. If a bunch of BU people have known about the swap for +/- 6 months, I would've assumed they did too.
            Thanks. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

2010-2011 schedule has been released. http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...062410aaa.html

In addition to the season-opening exhibition vs. Univ. of Toronto, there is an exhibition game on Wednesday, Nov. 3, against the Swedish U-20 team. For Nieto and Clendening, that should be a reunion with many of the players they faced in World U18 championships this past Spring. Adam Larsson, who edged out Clendening for top defenseman, is at the top of many 2011 draft rankings. The motive for this exhibition game seems obvious.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Rogie beat me to it, but a brief writeup's been posted to the blog, and you can view the schedule there, as well.
                Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

From 12/11-2/11, we have road trips to RPI, Chicago, UVM, Merrimack, UNH, Maine and UMass. That's a lot of mileage in 2 months.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

dear god, that home schedule is awful. two exhibitions, plus brown and harvard? what the hell am I paying for?
                    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      dear god, that home schedule is awful. two exhibitions, plus brown and harvard? what the hell am I paying for?
                      Obviously it's a lackluster home schedule in terms of OOC games, but like I said before, you can't get North Dakota, Michigan St, Michigan and/or Notre Dame every year. I'm actually pretty excited for the game against the Sweden U20 team. Lots of talent, first-round picks, etc. on that team.

Comment

looks like BC's from last year, welcome to the club. you guys had great home schedules the past two years though

Comment

Obviously it's a lackluster home schedule in terms of OOC games, but like I said before, you can't get North Dakota, Michigan St, Michigan and/or Notre Dame every year. I'm actually pretty excited for the game against the Sweden U20 team. Lots of talent, first-round picks, etc. on that team.
                          I know, I'm just a little bitter that they also chose to raise ticket prices this year for this crock of **** home schedule. I don't expect WCHA or CCHA powerhouses each year, but something better than two of the three worst teams in the ECAC would be nice, especially if they're trying to justify a ticket price raise.
                          time to write new history

Comment

If Clendening, Nieto and Coyle turn out as advertised will it make any difference?
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

two of the three worst teams in the ECAC
                              But on paper, Harvard is.....oh well.
                              Let's just hope BU doesn't make Conor Morrison look like the next Great One again.

Re the 2011-12 season, Mike Lynch announced at the alumni event in NYC that Red Hot Hockey 3 is set for MSG. I guess we're not going to see the Big Red at Agganis or have BU trek up to Lynah.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I would love to go to that game. But it's on a Wednesday. Seriously? They didn't have a single Saturday free??
                                "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Working...
                                X