Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    ... John McArthy ...
    Who?
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
      Who?
      Distant cousin of John McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Where's Kennedy?
        If he's smart, following Patrick Kane around and picking up the "scraps."

Chicks Love Stanley Cup Champions
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          05-06, I believe.
          I doubt Siwiec had a full ride. In fact, between the two of them, I'd be willing to bet Gillespie and Siwiec accounted for one full scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            I doubt Siwiec had a full ride. In fact, between the two of them, I'd be willing to bet Gillespie and Siwiec accounted for one full scholarship.
            I don't know, and I doubt anyone here besides maybe Rogie does. Likewise we don't know just how much money 31, 35, or unknown future recruit will be getting in 2011-2012.
            I would, however, be surprised if BU let the Fields era end with 2 goalies who each had half a scholarship and 1 who was a pure walk on, sounds completely illogical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              i wouldn't believe that.. JC was the walk on. siwiec was a june '02 summer before school signing. dizzy in the fall before he showed up two years later.

fields 99-00 season (and came a season early after ricky d left)
              infamous "mj player" sebastian laplante 00-01 season
              siwiec 01-02
              curry 02-03
              dizzy 03-04
              bb 05-06
              kraus 06-07
              millan / rollie 07-08

i remember a bc buddy of mine calling me after he saw bavo drop off dizzy at logan to go home after a recruiting trip. he stood around as dizzy got on the phone and told whomever it was about the "new NHL arena they were building and how excited he was to be coming to play in it".
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                I would, however, be surprised if BU let the Fields era end with 2 goalies who each had half a scholarship and 1 who was a pure walk on, sounds completely illogical to me.
                I think KG and Siwiec may have each had a full scholarship for the 04-05 season, but I don't think Siwiec was a big enough recruit to be given a four year full scholarship when he first came in. It was clear well before the start of the 05-06 year that neither one of these guys was getting playing time, and I'm sure things were adjusted accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  i wouldn't believe that.. JC was the walk on. siwiec was a june '02 summer before school signing. dizzy in the fall before he showed up two years later.

fields 99-00 season (and came a season early after ricky d left)
                  infamous "mj player" sebastian laplante 00-01 season
                  siwiec 01-02
                  curry 02-03
                  dizzy 03-04
                  bb 05-06
                  kraus 06-07
                  millan / rollie 07-08

i remember a bc buddy of mine calling me after he saw bavo drop off dizzy at logan to go home after a recruiting trip. he stood around as dizzy got on the phone and told whomever it was about the "new NHL arena they were building and how excited he was to be coming to play in it".
                  Who's "Dizzy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                    Who's "Dizzy?"
                    Gillespie
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                      Who's "Dizzy?"
                      Karson Gillespie.

Please tell me that was only a fan nickname and not one from his teammates, though hockey players usually aren't too original with nicknames.

They all pale compared to Chris Berman's gems--two personal favorites: Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell and Jim "Two Silhouettes on" Deshaies.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Karson Gillespie.

Please tell me that was only a fan nickname and not one from his teammates, though hockey players usually aren't too original with nicknames.

They all pale compared to Chris Berman's gems--two personal favorites: Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell and Jim "Two Silhouettes on" Deshaies.
                        I seriously doubt many of his teammates would even get the Dizzy reference. Certainly most of their musical tastes tended to lean in a different direction. As for originality, see if he answers to "Giles" next time you see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Karson Gillespie.

I'm sure it was a fan nickname, as I doubt many 18-24 year old hockey players know who Dizzy Gillespie is.

My favorite Bermanisms: Curtis "My Favorite" Martin and Andre "Bad Moon" Rison.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            I'm sure it was a fan nickname, as I doubt many 18-24 year old hockey players know who Dizzy Gillespie is.

My favorite Bermanisms: Curtis "My Favorite" Martin and Andre "Bad Moon" Rison.
                            Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gillespie was dubbed "Dizzy" on this board way back in the day by a very smart and handsome member of Pinhead Nation when he committed because of the double meaning since he would be turning around so often fetching pucks from his net he'd be dizzy, no? Scarlet will remember...

"Bad Moon" Rison was a good one. Brian "Totally" Skrudland was another good one. His hockey ones were phenomenal. Jaromir Jagrmeister...
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

How about Bert "Be Home" Blyleven?
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

so tony is taking the HC job at thayer acad?!?!?

another name to toss in the ring in hopefully a year or two?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X