Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    The '09-'10 media guides were the last ones printed. Beginning next season, the guides will only be available online. I believe the Big 10 has done this for several years.
    I understand why more schools are doing this, but I'd personally rather have a hard copy. Much easier to read through and they make nice collectables. The online media guides I've read through in the past tend to be slow to load and not very easy to browse.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      I understand why more schools are doing this, but I'd personally rather have a hard copy. Much easier to read through and they make nice collectables. The online media guides I've read through in the past tend to be slow to load and not very easy to browse.
      I'd rather have the hard copy too. NE Pats are going to have a slimmed down version for media and we will have one in the stat booth otherwise everything is likely to be on line.

The BU decision may not be set in stone. Also if you contact Brian Kelley, they may still have some extras around. If it is the end of media guides as we know them I will have from 64-65 thru 09-10.

My wife will not be sad to see the demise of media guides as I have/had numerous College FB, College Hockey, NFL etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post
        I'd rather have the hard copy too. NE Pats are going to have a slimmed down version for media and we will have one in the stat booth otherwise everything is likely to be on line.

The BU decision may not be set in stone. Also if you contact Brian Kelley, they may still have some extras around. If it is the end of media guides as we know them I will have from 64-65 thru 09-10.

My wife will not be sad to see the demise of media guides as I have/had numerous College FB, College Hockey, NFL etc. etc.
        nice collection, and, yeah, the wife factor here isn't thrilled with my 60's - 70-'s baseball card collection either. i missed out big time unloading them about 10-15 years ago

Comment

that will ****ing suck if they don't print a media guide.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            nice collection, and, yeah, the wife factor here isn't thrilled with my 60's - 70-'s baseball card collection either. i missed out big time unloading them about 10-15 years ago

mine just looks and shakes her head... i have my '69 topps in progress on the dresser so the kids can't reach it. i get the "where am i supposed to put stuff" all the time! i tell her i can't put it on top of my bookshelf since that is where the '60 topps in progress is

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              that will ****ing suck if they don't print a media guide.
              It's an NCAA thing, I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                well **** them too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I was under the impression that the NCAA put a cap on the number of pages that can be done on a media guide because the clownshoe football factories were putting out absolutely behemoth editions every year and the NCAA didn't like it and stuck their nose in yet again.

I doubt any printing at all of these media guides will be restricted and I doubt BU was anywhere near the page restriction (want to say 250 pages but I don't know).

I think it's a terribly bad idea if that's the case and BU just isn't going to print it. It's a great thing to have for the recruits to be able to bring home with them and obviously the media wants a one-stop shop of information to be able to report things accurately. The media isn't going to want crappy paper printouts of the PDF files or have to go looking for this on BU's website.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

I doubt any printing at all of these media guides will be restricted and I doubt BU was anywhere near the page restriction (want to say 250 pages but I don't know)..
                    160 in BU's

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      and obviously the media wants a one-stop shop of information to be able to report things accurately. The media isn't going to want crappy paper printouts of the PDF files or have to go looking for this on BU's website.
                      Yeah, there's that too. I just didn't wanna sound like a whiner complaining about things being slightly less convenient for us reporters. Now if they ever take away our free food, that's a different story. I'd probably set a record for most angry faces in one post.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

mine just looks and shakes her head... i have my '69 topps in progress on the dresser so the kids can't reach it. i get the "where am i supposed to put stuff" all the time! i tell her i can't put it on top of my bookshelf since that is where the '60 topps in progress is
                        that's too funny, seems we may be able to put a whole set together between the two of us

Comment

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/S...14&SPSID=90385

I can't decide if it is more likely that they confused BU with BC or just never noticed the GLI field changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            On a more serious, but equally unrelated, note: in addition to posting here (way too much) I lurk on two other forums, and right now the soccer forum I read is so overly negative . . . I'd just like to thank all of you for never letting this place get nearly that bad.
                            Soccer? Soccer?!? Those divers! Those cryers! And try crediting your teammate for his brilliant pass for a change; you just tapped it into an open net; so why are you running away from your teammates celebrating all by yourself? And what is that stupid magic injury spray, anyway?!?!111 (Kidding! Kidding!)

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            will it still be a "whole new new ballgame at Bickford's" this season?
                            Will turkeys still be roasted on the premises?

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                            That's butt error to you.
                            That's not what your Mom told me last night, Trebek!

Hockey-related? I got nothin'.
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                              Will turkeys still be roasted on the premises?
                              That's fresh roasted on the premises, buster!!

And it's still downtown quality without the downtown price.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                                That's fresh roasted on the premises, buster!!

And it's still downtown quality without the downtown price.
                                Guess I'll be hearing that a lot as I chose not to renew my season tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X