Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

Nice.

Comment

"In what sense? Simply said in response to a post that all were coming back that, "1 was leaving and one transferring"

How is that making it out anymore than it says?

Yes, Lyles left the program last week and is going to the USHL for 1 year and than transferring to another D 1 program. Doing the 4-2-4 route, similar to Joe Lavin and Bryce Analowski."

Looks like this was deleted...

We're playing semantics then. No early departures from anyone who dressed in the national title game. If you want to dispute that, let's hear it.

Comment

whatever....

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          "In what sense? Simply said in response to a post that all were coming back that, "1 was leaving and one transferring"

Yes, Lyles left the program last week and is going to the USHL for 1 year and than transferring to another D 1 program. Doing the 4-2-4 route, similar to Joe Lavin and Bryce Analowski."

We're playing semantics then. No early departures from anyone who dressed in the national title game. If you want to dispute that, let's hear it.
          Im' not saying the guy has B.S. info (I think I'm pretty sure I know the player he's speaking of and its not the one I mentioned to you earlier and if so, he's right). For him to drop things like that and then run and hide is bush league.

The person he's likely talking about did dress in the NCAA final.

Comment

Check your email

Comment

Maybe they have a couple walk ons lined up but I think we are discussing recruited players, not depth/fillers. Just like BC will probably have to grab a few more bodies over next month or so. If another MacGregor is heading there, great. There are so many Chris Kreiders out there who have not comitted just waiting for the coaches call.

This was the simple post. Lyles did leave which means they will fill his spot with at the least, a walk on for practices/emergencies.

This in passing comment gets you riled up that much? Note I also said, PROBABLY
              Last edited by Hokydad; 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                Im' not saying the guy has B.S. info (I think I'm pretty sure I know the player he's speaking of and its not the one I mentioned to you earlier and if so, he's right). For him to drop things like that and then run and hide is bush league.

The person he's likely talking about did dress in the NCAA final.
                Well if it's the newest guy you mentioned, wow, that would suck. Anyway, I'm not gonna mention the name because I have no sources. I'll leave that to either you or hokydad.

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                This in passing comment gets you riled up that much? Note I also said, PROBABLY
                Not riled up, just annoyed with your style of throwing things out there and expecting people to take it as fact when nobody even knows who you are.

Comment

Well if it's the newest guy you mentioned, wow, that would suck. Anyway, I'm not gonna mention the name because I have no sources. I'll leave that to either you or hokydad.

Not riled up, just annoyed with your style of throwing things out there and expecting people to take it as fact when nobody even knows who you are.
                  You're doing/just did the same thing you and slasher spent ten posts on the BU thread ripping hokydad for. He might annoy you but don't act like a sanctimonious *** all the time and than pull the same stuff you accuse him of.

And who cares who he is. If he's wrong, he's wrong and vice versa. It doesn't really matter in the big picture.

Comment

Not too be rude, slasher and J.D., but this is the BU thread, would you mind taking the BC player talk over to the BC thread? I know it was brought up in here, but this thread should focus on BU player issues - like who else is going to be suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      Not too be rude, slasher and J.D., but this is the BU thread, would you mind taking the BC player talk over to the BC thread? I know it was brought up in here, but this thread should focus on BU player issues - like who else is going to be suspended.
                      This.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                        You're doing/just did the same thing you and slasher spent ten posts on the BU thread ripping hokydad for. He might annoy you but don't act like a sanctimonious *** all the time and than pull the same stuff you accuse him of.

And who cares who he is. If he's wrong, he's wrong and vice versa. It doesn't really matter in the big picture.
                        If by some stretch of the imagination you're not jcarter, you are easily the dumbest BU fan on here now. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Hokydad and Slasher apparently have the inside information. Hokydad brought it up himself...end of story. I don't have any inside sources. If I have confirmed information or a link to something I post it. I'm not in the business of doing what hokydad does. If you can't see the difference, well, nobody should be surprised.

Comment

hokydad is probably going to end up more right than wrong.

sure its ordinarily juvenile to play the 'i got a secret' game - but its also not his place to say the kid's name. maybe he shouldn't say anything? who knows. some people at least like the heads up that something drastic is about to happen.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            hokydad is probably going to end up more right than wrong.

sure its ordinarily juvenile to play the 'i got a secret' game - but its also not his place to say the kid's name. maybe he shouldn't say anything? who knows. some people at least like the heads up that something drastic is about to happen.
                            JMHO, but if you don't want to say the name/names, I don't think it's productive to bring it up. As you said, he very well might be right, but I still don't like the approach.

Comment

JMHO, but if you don't want to say the name/names, I don't think it's productive to bring it up. As you said, he very well might be right, but I still don't like the approach.
                              I agree J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                                I agree J.D.
                                Read them again and pay attention. I don't claim to have any legitimate first hand sources. If I did, I would not hesitate to mention names. I said I'd leave it up to those that apparently do have those sources.

Comment

Working...
                                X