Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Offseason Thread 2: Moving Forward by Booting Forwards

I deliberately didn't say it was. I have no way of knowing who it was, hence the "Interesting" comment. In fact, I appreciate your posts, as well as BU Hammer's. For Terrier fans those posts generally contain great and interesting info. However, I am 99.99% certain that the info on the bike rides is incorrect and my posts in this string were meant to be helpful. It's easy enough to confirm. So my comment was for the coward who said "die in a fire". You know who you are.

(My apologies for the duplicate post above. I'm a bit of a Luddite.)

Comment

Also, haven't seen anybody mention this (probably because nobody reads through an entire news story), but this was also in the piece I wrote yesterday:

"Additionally, sources confirmed that another player will be suspended at some point next season for a separate incident that occurred earlier in the 2009-10 season."
      Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Beantownhitter View Post
        I deliberately didn't say it was. I have no way of knowing who it was, hence the "Interesting" comment. In fact, I appreciate your posts, as well as BU Hammer's. For Terrier fans those posts generally contain great and interesting info. However, I am 99.99% certain that the info on the bike rides is incorrect and my posts in this string were meant to be helpful. It's easy enough to confirm. So my comment was for the coward who said "die in a fire". You know who you are.

(My apologies for the duplicate post above. I'm a bit of a Luddite.)
        That said, I think you had a bit of an attitude in your post. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, which is entirely possible, but I can see why you got neg rep (not from me, though I was tempted )

Comment

Back when I was in school, I remember someone being sent out to the usual hangouts to make sure the players were abiding by the curfew. Does the team still do that? Either way....

1) Is it ego or an absolute lack of respect for the team to have almost all of them going out and getting trashed right before the biggest game of the season?

2) I'll say again, I just don't see these issues occuring like this on Jerry York's watch up at BC. We really need to ask some hard questions about the coaching here. I don't expect Parker to be out at midnight checking up on the players. However, somebody needs to, and they need to be punished immediately, as in a suspension and threat of dismissal, during the season - not months afterwards. If a coach or assistant was supposed to do that and didn't, they need to be canned. This is a freakin' joke, and a bad one at that. The school ought to reimburse the fans for the cost of the HE tourney tix. Good lord, of all the times I went out and got hammered during college or even afterwards I always had the good sense not to do so before a big exam or an interview.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Beantownhitter View Post
            I deliberately didn't say it was. I have no way of knowing who it was, hence the "Interesting" comment.
            That's one of the reasons I got Extra. I was sick of getting comments that were juvenile and unsigned. You learn very quickly who are the ones who leave you those, and they are typically people who aren't involved in the conversation at all. Most aren't even BU fans.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            That said, I think you had a bit of an attitude in your post. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, which is entirely possible, but I can see why you got neg rep (not from me, though I was tempted )
            A neg rep that is constructive (to say "your post has an attitude, you might want to tone it down") is very different than "die in a fire", IMO!
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

No kidding rover! This was a ****storm of a season regardless. Jack should have dressed the 14 or so players who didn't party like a st pats star and pulled a Hoosiers "my team is on the ice" game plan. **** them!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                2) I'll say again, I just don't see these issues occuring like this on Jerry York's watch up at BC. We really need to ask some hard questions about the coaching here. I don't expect Parker to be out at midnight checking up on the players. However, somebody needs to, and they need to be punished immediately, as in a suspension and threat of dismissal, during the season - not months afterwards. If a coach or assistant was supposed to do that and didn't, they need to be canned. This is a freakin' joke, and a bad one at that. The school ought to reimburse the fans for the cost of the HE tourney tix. Good lord, of all the times I went out and got hammered during college or even afterwards I always had the good sense not to do so before a big exam or an interview.
                I agree that this falls at the feet of the coaching staff. By March, the culture should be set that no player would even DREAM of being out at 1am right before a big game. That's leadership folks. It starts with the way the coaching staff treats/relates to the players. These are the rules, this is how you behave, this is what it means to be a BU hockey player.

If Corey and Vinny basically missed that crucial "ride" after being told: "you miss it, you're off the team." How come Corey is still on the team?

BU Hockey: Bad Mojo
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CDRAL View Post

Go to www.joecleary.org for further information as to how you can support this worthy event.
                  Too bad attend a BU practice isn't one of the auction items. It seems to me, those are going to be veeeeeeeery interesting next season. Especially early on.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Sorry all around for the attitude. Sent you a text message. Call me anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Back when I was in school, I remember someone being sent out to the usual hangouts to make sure the players were abiding by the curfew. Does the team still do that? Either way....
                      You mean like Kenny Rausch?

(and I am not sure how effective that was since they were always out boozing)
                      Last edited by SPIN CONTROL; 05-07-2010, 12:00 PM.
                      Fighting the good fight

Comment

It is easy to pile on after the fact.

I would bet 50 cents that if BU has 25 kids on roster and BC has 25 kids on roster, at the end of the year, the exact same amount of beer was consumed by the 50 players on both teams...

I think BC had a jeep with 4 players in it crashing into a trolley car last week. Not throwing stones at either org as they are two of the best++. But to think it is only going on at BU is absurd. All Hockey East schools have their kids and boys will be boys.

BU/BC go back and forth, one in favor, one out of favor. Two great programs who shape kids. I would dare say JP is kicking himself hard for not coming down harder earlier. My guess is it wont happen again and he will have the team back in the hunt over next 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

I would bet 50 cents that if BU has 25 kids on roster and BC has 25 kids on roster, at the end of the year, the exact same amount of beer was consumed by the 50 players on both teams...

I think BC had a jeep with 4 players in it crashing into a trolley car last week. Not throwing stones at either org as they are two of the best++. But to think it is only going on at BU is absurd. All Hockey East schools have their kids and boys will be boys.

BU/BC go back and forth, one in favor, one out of favor. Two great programs who shape kids. I would dare say JP is kicking himself hard for not coming down harder earlier. My guess is it wont happen again and he will have the team back in the hunt over next 2-3 years.
                          ***. why do i now agree with both jcarter and hokydad over a period of 72 hours. i am very concerned now about pigs flying into my window.
                          time to write new history

Comment

Who left the door open?!?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sure, but irrelavent. Its when you're consuming the beer that's in question. College kids boozing = no problem. 2/3rds of the team getting boozed up before the biggest game of the season and then laying an egg in said game = ***** ridiculous and inexcusable, especially since the team was in 'win or go home for the season' mode. If the players aren't going to prepare and put out maximum effort for a game like that, when will they ever?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The BC kids are told to stay on campus and not drink and drive. I know when they won their trophies this year, they spent several hours in the wee hours walking the trophies through the mods and sharing them with the revelers.

Personally, I put this on the captains even moreso than the coaches. The coaches rely on the captains to be "their eyes" and police the kids for this type of thing. Clearly, this is why Parker wanted to pick the captains this year because he didn't trust the kids to do it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X