PDA

View Full Version : St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Rover
05-11-2010, 11:20 AM
I thought the city had tremendous bars, etc. We drove down to Chicago on the Friday and went to the Cubs game in the afternoon and made it back for the Brewers game in Milwaukee that night. I'd be happy to go back.

Milwaukee's like St. Louis or Pittsburgh. Not a terrible place to be once for a few days while the tournament's going on, but its gets boring real fast once you've seen the couple of things the city has to offer.

Going to see the Brewers play once - great. Going again? Okayyy. Going a third time? Maybe not. Going to Miller Valley the first time? Great. Going back again? Ehhhh. Miller is pretty s # !tty beer after all. ;)

Having already been to all these cities, in some cases multiple times, I'm not too keen on going back. Not because they're $# !tholes or anything, but they're a bit too small.

PS - Whoever's on the Philly bandwagon - please. I'm thrilled they've tossed up some generic bars near the football stadium, but that city sucks. The entire place looks like its covered in black soot. Go to one of the two cheesesteak places once, and you've pretty much seen all the culture the place has to offer. Also, be reaaaallll careful about roaming around at night, which is a lot different than having the event in say Boston or even the part of DC that the event was held in.

Slasher7
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Milwaukee's like St. Louis or Pittsburgh. Not a terrible place to be once for a few days while the tournament's going on, but its gets boring real fast once you've seen the couple of things the city has to offer.

Going to see the Brewers play once - great. Going again? Okayyy. Going a third time? Maybe not. Going to Miller Valley the first time? Great. Going back again? Ehhhh. Miller is pretty s # !tty beer after all. ;)

Having already been to all these cities, in some cases multiple times, I'm not too keen on going back. Not because they're $# !tholes or anything, but they're a bit too small.

PS - Whoever's on the Philly bandwagon - please. I'm thrilled they've tossed up some generic bars near the football stadium, but that city sucks. The entire place looks like its covered in black soot. Go to one of the two cheesesteak places once, and you've pretty much seen all the culture the place has to offer. Also, be reaaaallll careful about roaming around at night, which is a lot different than having the event in say Boston or even the part of DC that the event was held in.

Im' with you on the Philly thing. I've never been a fan of that craphole of a city.

Nick Papagiorgio
05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I thought the city had tremendous bars, etc. We drove down to Chicago on the Friday and went to the Cubs game in the afternoon and made it back for the Brewers game in Milwaukee that night. I'd be happy to go back.

What happens if the FF goes back and the Brewers, Cubs and White Sox are all on the road?

ExileOnDaytonStreet
05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Going to Miller Valley the first time? Great. Going back again? Ehhhh. Miller is pretty s # !tty beer after all. ;)

You call going to the Miller factory a brewery tour? Ha!

Sprecher and Lakefront Breweries are your friends.

I'm positive that if you looked online, you could even find a bus tour that stops at every brewery in town for tours.

Nick Papagiorgio
05-11-2010, 11:47 AM
But Philly has a LOT OF CULTURE!!!!!!!

ExileOnDaytonStreet
05-11-2010, 11:55 AM

They have Paddy's Pub, and that's all I need.

aparch
05-11-2010, 11:55 AM
That's why I'm hoping the United Center gets it in Chicago soon. 22K? How is the NCAA able to resist? :rolleyes:

Did they put a bid together? They have to coordinate their booking schedule with the Blackhawks, Bulls, and concerts at that time of year. And with the annual circus road trip in October/November, they may not want to give up a prime weekend date in early spring to have the NCAA run their building for four days (Wednesday setup, Thursday, idle Friday, Saturday).

Rover
05-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Hey, if grime and urban decay count as "culture", then I guess so. :D I read something like over the past 30 years about 600,000 people have moved out of the city. That tells me something...

Exile,

Fair enough, and I did enjoy Milwaukee. Those bars on Water Street are nice, the facility is top notch and they really seemed to care that they were holding the event. Not blasting the place at all, just saying that it seems I saw a good deal of the city already because its a relatively small place.

blockski
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Did they put a bid together? They have to coordinate their booking schedule with the Blackhawks, Bulls, and concerts at that time of year. And with the annual circus road trip in October/November, they may not want to give up a prime weekend date in early spring to have the NCAA run their building for four days (Wednesday setup, Thursday, idle Friday, Saturday).

I don't think they did.

The schedule shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't an issue in DC (with both an NHL and an NBA team to schedule around), nor was it an issue for Philly to put together a bid. Denver, likewise, hosts both NHL and NBA teams.

Slasher7
05-11-2010, 12:40 PM
What happens if the FF goes back and the Brewers, Cubs and White Sox are all on the road?

I guess if that's the case I'll be spending a week inside of one of many German beer halls, the Speakeasy Pub, etc. ;)