St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Over the last few years I have been fortunate enough to attend the Frozen 4 in St. Paul, Columbus, St. Louis, Milwaukee, and Denver and I would return to St. Louis in a heartbeat...had an absolute blast there all things considered. Good restarants and nightlife, nice arena, Ryan Duncan winning the Hobey, etc. My expereince might be skewed a little bit by the fact that our hotel screwed up my reservation and my stubborness in dealing with them led to us having their Presidential Suite for the weekend!
    While some schools need to restock the cupboards with talent every 2 or 3 years, UND just builds more cupboards!!

The most storied program in the history of college hockey, the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!

Comment

Originally posted by petey23 View Post
      Over the last few years I have been fortunate enough to attend the Frozen 4 in St. Paul, Columbus, St. Louis, Milwaukee, and Denver and I would return to St. Louis in a heartbeat...had an absolute blast there all things considered. Good restarants and nightlife, nice arena, Ryan Duncan winning the Hobey, etc. My expereince might be skewed a little bit by the fact that our hotel screwed up my reservation and my stubborness in dealing with them led to us having their Presidential Suite for the weekend!
      I am interested in the Loo, never been there. Have heard good things overall about the city (except for East St Loo, of course).

Hopefully the timetable works out with my budgets.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Oooo that's something to hang your hat on. Take out the Great Lakes and then let's see what happens, since the Great Lakes are shared, and therefore shouldn't count (which it didn't in the total lakes debacle).

Double box.
        lol this whole discussion was apparently about lakes--why would I take that out when it is relative? My whole point is that the diversity of activities based on availability of water sports and beach towns provides unique opportunities in Michigan that are not found most places in the North.

And the whole reason I brought up Michigan in the first place was not to tout the place, but in comparing sizes of cities where St. Louis is more comparable to Detroit as opposed to Boston or Washington.

Some of you are good at fishing for controversy.
        MICHIGAN STATE
        1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
          lol this whole discussion was apparently about lakes--why would I take that out when it is relative? My whole point is that the diversity of activities based on availability of water sports and beach towns provides unique opportunities in Michigan that are not found most places in the North.

And the whole reason I brought up Michigan in the first place was not to tout the place, but in comparing sizes of cities where St. Louis is more comparable to Detroit as opposed to Boston or Washington.

Some of you are good at fishing for controversy.
          Well, when you brought up the more lakes bit, I searched it out, and all sites dis-counted the Great Lake(s). Only fair and relevant that you do the same with the shoreline.

You have a stick so far up your arse that I'm surprised that "would" isn't the first word that comes out of your mouth when starting a sentence.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, when you brought up the more lakes bit, I searched it out, and all sites dis-counted the Great Lake(s). Only fair and relevant that you do the same with the shoreline.

You have a stick so far up your arse that I'm surprised that "would" isn't the first word that comes out of your mouth when starting a sentence.
            I'm done arguing with you. I guess depending on a particular source items will be counted differently. My post wasnt at all saying "were better than you" it was more just stubborn pride in defense of a post that made a brash rationalization.
            MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
              Indeed. I was there. Still have my complimentary World Series banner they were giving away that night.

And I'll echo the statements that St Louis wasn't that bad. We stayed near the rink in a super nice hotel (pretty cheap with an awesome Frozen Four special rate - nice touch!), and there wasn't much to do near the rink, but over near the Arch, there seemed to be more life, including an AWESOME blues bar.

I was hesitant about watching college hockey in Missouri, but I would go back again.
              This.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'm done arguing with you. I guess depending on a particular source items will be counted differently. My post wasnt at all saying "were better than you" it was more just stubborn pride in defense of a post that made a brash rationalization.
                Like "Boston fans suck" or "Michigan is better than 47 states." Right?

Comment

Like "Boston fans suck" or "Michigan is better than 47 states." Right?
                  um...yes. That was exactly my point in making that statement! I was playing along with the game.
                  MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

um...yes. That was exactly my point in making that statement! I was playing along with the game.
                    I knew the game before you started your ignorance, Scooter. And nice backtracking. You'll fit in just fine around here. Right alongside of Happy, SIM, uwbadgers14, VarsityWisconsin, and HokyDad.

Comment

• Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

I knew the game before you started your ignorance, Scooter. And nice backtracking. You'll fit in just fine around here. Right alongside of Happy, SIM, uwbadgers14, VarsityWisconsin, and HokyDad.
                      Whoa, whoa....he's not THAT bad...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Whoa, whoa....he's not THAT bad...
                        Shhhh....I wanna know if he's still playing the game.

Comment

Took a family vacation to Detroit.
                          Wow, your parents weren't too subtle in telling you that you weren't a planned pregnancy.

Cripes, the only way they could've been more blatant is to say "Ok kids, we're taking a vacation in Compton!"

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            I live in the real world, champ. I don't live in a world where "proofs" on paper are used to win useless debates. The irony, of course, is someone from Michigan calling any other place on Earth a "dump".
                            Yes, that is quite ironic.

And I'm not saying Fenway is a dump. I'm just pointed out your horribly flawed logic. Speaking of irony, I hope you didn't go to Brown with that sort of thinking capacity...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Yes, that is quite ironic.

And I'm not saying Fenway is a dump. I'm just pointed out your horribly flawed logic. Speaking of irony, I hope you didn't go to Brown with that sort of thinking capacity...
                              You're right. I should have gone to SUNY.
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Ever been to Michigan? I'm not necessarily talking about Detroit. Come to Michigan, because it beats the hell out of 47 other states.
                                Yes, I've been to Michigan. It's lovely. The glow of the tire fires at dusk is quite romantic. I'm not sure what 47 states Michigan is better than. For you to say this it's obvious that you have not travelled to more than 3 states in the US of A.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X