• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Once you subtract Detroit and Pontiac you have an awesome state
    And the UP.

MN, of course, is the best.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      And the UP.

MN, of course, is the best.
      Well the only people with internet access in the UP are MTU, LSSU, NMU students and Bart Stupak so thats just a given.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        Once you subtract Detroit and Pontiac you have an awesome state
        Detroit is a great city, people just don't understand that because nobody looks beyond the surface and the reports on the evening news. Hmmm...much like St. Louis, which this thread is about. It's not about Boston, or Detroit, or anywhere else. But of course USCHOers turn it into a ****ing match.
        MICHIGAN STATE
        1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
          Detroit is a great city, people just don't understand that because nobody looks beyond the surface and the reports on the evening news. Hmmm...much like St. Louis, which this thread is about. It's not about Boston, or Detroit, or anywhere else. But of course USCHOers turn it into a ****ing match.
          Took a family vacation to Detroit. When it wasn't like it was now (rundown and abandoned). Still not impressed at all.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Took a family vacation to Detroit. When it wasn't like it was now (rundown and abandoned). Still not impressed at all.
            One city does not a whole state make. Michigan is one of the greatest states in the nation according to those who travel frequently. We have some of the best golf on the most public courses in the nation, the most lakes in the country, 4 unique seasons, and more culture and class than we know what to do with. I would stack us up against anywhere else. I'm not sure why I have to defend the state here, because this thread had nothing to do with this...but it is what it is.
            MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

One city does not a whole state make. Michigan is one of the greatest states in the nation according to those who travel frequently. We have some of the best golf on the most public courses in the nation, the most lakes in the country, 4 unique seasons, and more culture and class than we know what to do with. I would stack us up against anywhere else. I'm not sure why I have to defend the state here, because this thread had nothing to do with this...but it is what it is.

AHEM. Credibility, lost.

One city doesn't, but 3 make a case.

Wow, if I didn't know what state you were from, I'd swear you were a MN fan.

Comment

AHEM. Credibility, lost.

One city doesn't, but 3 make a case.

Wow, if I didn't know what state you were from, I'd swear you were a MN fan.
                Minnesota is the "land of 10,000 lakes" but Michigan has over 12,000 lakes...Approximately 400 more than our friends in Minnesota. Just a little fact thanks to the USGS. Read a book once in a while.
                MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

I'm not sure why I have to defend the state here, because this thread had nothing to do with this...but it is what it is.
                  Because you're just as touchy and over-defensive as the Boston fans you were complaining about?

Also, I'm pretty sure Onion Man was referring to Detroit when he said Michigan. You're the one who went off about how awesome the entire state is.
                  Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                  -Fred Shero

Comment

Minnesota is the "land of 10,000 lakes" but Michigan has over 12,000 lakes...Approximately 400 more than our friends in Minnesota. Just a little fact thanks to the USGS. Read a book once in a while.
                    Measure what actually constitutes a lake. This discussion has been had before on here.

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                      Because you're just as touchy and over-defensive as the Boston fans you were complaining about?

Also, I'm pretty sure Onion Man was referring to Detroit when he said Michigan. You're the one who went off about how awesome the entire state is.
                      I tried several times to steer the conversation back to St. Louis. If people want to ***** and moan about Detroit or Michigan that is fine. But making blanket statements that ignore the facts is just wrong. I cant apologize though for standing up for my home--that's how we do it in The D. If you don't like it you don't have to come here, but I'm going to defend it, and all of Michigan as long as it takes.
                      MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

After googling it, and checking the top sites, AK has the most lakes in the country, with MN having the most in the lower 48.

Box.

Comment

After googling it, and checking the top sites, AK has the most lakes in the country, with MN having the most in the lower 48.

Box.
                          Fair enough--then I will amend my line to "most fresh water lake shoreline." Satisfied?
                          MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

making blanket statements that ignore the facts is just wrong.
                            I'll keep that in mind...
                            This thread is why Boston fans suck...
                            What's the phrase I'm looking for here. I think it's something along the lines of "If you don't like it you don't have to come here..."
                            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                            -Fred Shero

Comment

What's the phrase I'm looking for here. I think it's something along the lines of "If you don't like it you don't have to come here..."
                              I said Boston fans sucks...I never said Boston sucks. Boston is one of my favorite cities. Your people though are smug, unhappy people with an ego the size of Zdeno Chara. Some of themare intelligent, so I will not claim you all suck...but at the same time I just cant stand the rest of you.
                              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Fair enough--then I will amend my line to "most fresh water lake shoreline." Satisfied?

Oooo that's something to hang your hat on. Take out the Great Lakes and then let's see what happens, since the Great Lakes are shared, and therefore shouldn't count (which it didn't in the total lakes debacle).

Double box.

Comment

Working...
                                X