Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St Louis Finalist for 2013 or 2014 Frozen Four

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
    Naeger, I went to a cardinals game during the 2007 frozen four. It was the Wednesday before the games,but I think that still counts. There were a ton of hockey fans there.
    Indeed. I was there. Still have my complimentary World Series banner they were giving away that night.

And I'll echo the statements that St Louis wasn't that bad. We stayed near the rink in a super nice hotel (pretty cheap with an awesome Frozen Four special rate - nice touch!), and there wasn't much to do near the rink, but over near the Arch, there seemed to be more life, including an AWESOME blues bar.

I was hesitant about watching college hockey in Missouri, but I would go back again.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

[QUOTE=thecomicbookguy;4766626]Indeed. I was there. Still have my complimentary World Series banner they were giving away that night.

And I'll echo the statements that St Louis wasn't that bad. We stayed near the rink in a super nice hotel (pretty cheap with an awesome Frozen Four special rate - nice touch!), and there wasn't much to do near the rink, but over near the Arch, there seemed to be more life, including an AWESOME blues bar.

I thought there was just as much to do in St. Louis as there has been in Detroit or Minny/St. Paul which are about the best measuring sticks.
      MICHIGAN STATE
      1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
        I'm Biased since St. Louis is like a second hometown to me with all the family I have in the area. But I thought the setup was great and it was better than the other other two frozen fours I've been too (Buffalo 03 and Detroit 10). The NCAA Zone setup. There plenty to do and see in Saint Louis, one thing that would make it even better is if the Saint Louis Cardinals were in town, they were not last time the frozen four was there. I know a lot of people saw a Tigers game this year in Detroit, if you like Baseball at all you owe it to yourself to see a Cardinals game in STL...
        Well I hate the cards lol, being a reds fan. That is painful in and of itself but you are correct it was an action packed day this year on saturday going to the tigers game in the afternoon and then hanging out at hockeytown in between games was definantly a blast. If the NCAA were to go their, would be nice if they could cordinate that. Although it would be a little tougher ticket I would imagine in St. Louis than it was in Detroit.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
          Well I hate the cards lol, being a reds fan. That is painful in and of itself but you are correct it was an action packed day this year on saturday going to the tigers game in the afternoon and then hanging out at hockeytown in between games was definantly a blast. If the NCAA were to go their, would be nice if they could cordinate that. Although it would be a little tougher ticket I would imagine in St. Louis than it was in Detroit.
          We were there for their 2nd game of the season, after they won a title, and paid face value purchasing online 4 days before the game. Getting tickets anywhere where the weather is hit/miss in April is not too difficult--even in the best baseball city in America.
          MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

I thought there was just as much to do in St. Louis as there has been in Detroit or Minny/St. Paul which are about the best measuring sticks.
            I'm sure Detroit, Minnesota and St. Paul are the best measuring sticks for things to do ... after Denver, DC, and Boston.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              I'm sure Detroit, Minnesota and St. Paul are the best measuring sticks for things to do ... after Denver, DC, and Boston.
              You cannot compare Minnesota, Detroit, and St. Louis to DC and Boston, that is why I didn't even try. Apples to apples is the way to go.
              MICHIGAN STATE

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                Is it ever hard to get a ticket to a baseball game outside the city of Boston, or behind homeplate at a Yankee's game

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Is it ever hard to get a ticket to a baseball game outside the city of Boston, or behind homeplate at a Yankee's game
                  those are by far the 2 toughest tickets to get..... im sure im not alone in making the trek to wrigley for cubs opening day from milwaukee back in 06; think i paid $100/ticket and sat 15 rows behind the 1st base dugout (and froze my sack off!!!!)
                  NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                  HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                  BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Wrigley's usually sold out. St. Louis is one of the better attended teams, too. But yeah, it's easier to get into a midweek game in April than it is a weekend game in July.

Comment

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
                      those are by far the 2 toughest tickets to get..... im sure im not alone in making the trek to wrigley for cubs opening day from milwaukee back in 06; think i paid $100/ticket and sat 15 rows behind the 1st base dugout (and froze my sack off!!!!)
                      I was being slightly facetious about the Yankees, they were have a few issues with those seats last season as you may recall.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Wrigley's usually sold out. St. Louis is one of the better attended teams, too. But yeah, it's easier to get into a midweek game in April than it is a weekend game in July.
                      Point is you can almost always just go on stub hub and play close to face value for a couple tickets. Tis the joy of 81 home games.

Comment

I was being slightly facetious about the Yankees, they were have a few issues with those seats last season as you may recall.

Point is you can almost always just go on stub hub and play close to face value for a couple tickets. Tis the joy of 81 home games.
                        hahahahaha thats my bad i just skimmed u'r statement i saw the yankees and took it as an "in general" statement fenway and yankee stadium are the toughest tickets..... PLENTY of $2,600 tickets still available to watch the yankers behind home plate or either dugout!!!!
                        NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                        HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                        BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Naeger, I went to a cardinals game during the 2007 frozen four. It was the Wednesday before the games,but I think that still counts. There were a ton of hockey fans there.
                          I stand corrected, I think my problem was that I could not get there till Thursday, which was an off day and then they were on the road or something...
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by superfan11 View Post
                            hahahahaha thats my bad i just skimmed u'r statement i saw the yankees and took it as an "in general" statement fenway and yankee stadium are the toughest tickets..... PLENTY of $2,600 tickets still available to watch the yankers behind home plate or either dugout!!!!
                            I love the perception that you can't go to a game, or sit in a particular section - note that you can get a seat behind HP at Yankee Stadium for today's game for $350-400 on Stub Hub. Even Yankees Red Sox Legends Suite tickets can be had for $1450 - not even close to $2600.

Also, there are ~80 tickets @ Fenway for today's game for $10 or less on Stub Hub! But you're right - those are the toughest tickets in baseball
                            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                            ECAC:
                            HEA: UMass
                            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                              Also, there are ~80 tickets @ Fenway for today's game for $10 or less on Stub Hub! But you're right - those are the toughest tickets in baseball
                              Just imagine how many are available in Cincinnati!!

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                                You've got to be silly if you think Sox tix are easy to come by. I'm sure weekday games vs. west coast teams can be had on the secondary market, but I think you can find countless tix to any sporting event on Earth there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X