Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks Offseason Thread: “I’ll be back”...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Nanooks Offseason Thread: “I’ll be back”...

Arnold would be proud. Not only of the Nooks intro video, but of the team’s effort in their first NCAAs. You can’t help but think that the experience will elevate the program and give the guys a little incentive.

Offseason workouts with more drive and dedication. Practices more competitive. Each shift played with a greater since of urgency and purpose of mission. Hopefully we won’t see those lackluster periods, or give away points when we shouldn’t. Every game has meaning. Every point counts if you want to get another invite. And I’m sure the guys will settle for nothing less.

And it looks like we have some decent recruits coming in.
    Man, this is going to be a long offseason.

Hasta la vista, baby...
    Go Nooks!

Re: Alaska Nanooks Offseason Thread: “I’ll be back”...

Congrats to Nanooks alum, Tom Emmer, who just received the Republican nomination for Minnesota Governor. Emmer graduated in 1984 and also played hockey at Boston College.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Arnold would be proud. Not only of the Nooks intro video, but of the team’s effort in their first NCAAs. You can’t help but think that the experience will elevate the program and give the guys a little incentive.

Offseason workouts with more drive and dedication. Practices more competitive. Each shift played with a greater since of urgency and purpose of mission. Hopefully we won’t see those lackluster periods, or give away points when we shouldn’t. Every game has meaning. Every point counts if you want to get another invite. And I’m sure the guys will settle for nothing less.

Hasta la vista, baby...
      Go Nooks!
      Now I am counting the days until the Kendall Classic, at least I have softball to keep me occupied.

Comment

I’m anxious for someone with more insight (or google skills) to do a recruiting update. I don’t know much, but I can find Heisenberg’s site on occasion. I’m optimistic about the new recruits that may be coming in. Kunyk especially has stud potential. We’ll miss our seniors, but the future looks bright.

Code:
        F - Colton Beck, (BCHL)	5’10, 175	60-39-47-86---48	
        F - Cody Kunyk, (AJHL)	6’0, 180	51-44-43-87---33
        F - Erik Slemp, (AJHL)	5’11, 192	54-32-22-54---81
        D - Michael Quinn(BCHL) 6’0, 175	18-1-4-5---6 (injured-ACL)
        G – Sean Cahill (AJHL)  	

And a transfer from MSU
        F – Adam Henderson (AJHL) 	6’3, 195	51-21-35-56---176
        What say ye?

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
          Emmer graduated in 1984 and also played hockey at Boston College.
          He must have had an incredible amount of eligibility. Are you confusing him with David Emma?
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Late breaking news:

So far this offseason...
            ...no DUIs, urinating in public, or indecent exposures reported
            ...no felonies, misdemeanors, or library book fines reported
            ...no flunk outs or defections announced
            ...no coaching changes announced
            ...no 2010-11 schedule published yet
            ...no updated information on the Brice Goal Rush Tourney web site
            ...no updated information about any of the incoming recruits
            ...no reason not to be excited about the upcoming season
            ...no reason to bump this thread, except I wanted to

Comment

Any idea why UA_ pulled the scholarships of Revell, Hoshaw, and Marx. And why Olsson decommitted?

http://www.amateurhockeyreport.com/n...aa_commit.html
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Any idea why UA_ pulled the scholarships of Revell, Hoshaw, and Marx. And why Olsson decommitted?

http://www.amateurhockeyreport.com/n...aa_commit.html
                If I remember correctly, Revell and Olsson couldn't get into school. Hoshaw and Marx were Doc commits that I guess Alaska decided to part ways with when Ferguson took over.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Thanks for chiming in MaizeRage. Although that info has been out there awhile, I hadn’t read or heard anything locally. I vaguely recall some comments about academic issues for a couple of recruits. Otherwise...Doc who?

I also see where Heisenberg’s site now has goalie recruit Sean Cahill listed for 2011. Heard that another recruit is also deferring until 2011, but no idea who.

Also curious how this year’s 11 team schedule will work and when ours will be out. Seems like a few CCHA teams have released schedules, so I would think the conference matchups are set. And I think our 6 game ooc schedule is set (UND, Air Force, CC, Union, UAAx2), so we should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

Hasta la vista, baby...
                    Go Nooks!
                    I was impressed with the Nooks when they played BC. They were the only team that really hung with BC. I know the Yale score was as close, but they were way behind until the last few minutes of the game.
                    I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Posting in this thread is like fishing with salmon eggs. You throw a clump out there hoping for some action, but more likely then not you just get to watch it drift along and slowly sink to the bottom. After it bumps along the bottom for awhile it’s time to pull it back up, sling it upstream, and once again hope for a little action.

Time to reel in and cast upstream again.

Maybe we should consider changing bait. I see where Karr has opened up a whole new can of worms.

Comment

Watched Jordan Hendry skate the Stanley Cup around, nice to see a Nanook doing that. Not sure why he didn't skate in the last two games he looked good in all the playoff games I watched, but Chicago is a deep and talented team.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                          Watched Jordan Hendry skate the Stanley Cup around, nice to see a Nanook doing that. Not sure why he didn't skate in the last two games he looked good in all the playoff games I watched, but Chicago is a deep and talented team.
                          I watched most of the games and don't remember even seeing him or hearing his name. Glad someone associated with Alaska hockey won the cup. Thanks for posting.
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm thrilled that Jordan and team won the Stanley Cup! But a thought that went through my mind after they won was......

Knowing that Los Anchorage has had the "Cup" come to town twice......., both by Scott Gomez.

Will Jordan bring the "Cup" to Fairbanks? Which it has never been to! He would be the first to bring it here.

My gut tells me that he will take it to his hometown in Saskatchewan.
                            Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
                              I'm thrilled that Jordan and team won the Stanley Cup! But a thought that went through my mind after they won was......

Knowing that Los Anchorage has had the "Cup" come to town twice......., both by Scott Gomez.

Will Jordan bring the "Cup" to Fairbanks? Which it has never been to! He would be the first to bring it here.

My gut tells me that he will take it to his hometown in Saskatchewan.
                              That would be my guess as well.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X