X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reforming College Hockey

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Since when am I the avatar?
    Since Lord Vishnu had you fight the eleven headed buffalo demon with the help of the Monkey God?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by WildKitty View Post
      Oh, let's just save them the time, this thread's about as ugly as this picture, anyways:

*****http://www.gossiportruth.com/wp-content/images/jenniferlopez0021ee.jpg******
      Oh right.....J'Lo's booty.

Turns out the Butt was only worth 300 million, and that includes her legs. Now each boob are worth a million a whack. But I would need to seem them in person to determine if they were sagging
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Since Lord Vishnu had you fight the eleven headed buffalo demon with the help of the Monkey God?
        What was I tripping on when I committed to that?
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

What was I tripping on when I committed to that?
          Probably Spotted Cow.

edit: I forgot to mention, it looks like Affleck bailed on that trainwreck just in time...
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Probably Spotted Cow.

edit: I forgot to mention, it looks like Affleck bailed on that trainwreck just in time...
            Committing to something like that was not alcohol or weed based. It had to be some kind of other drug. Was it that time I was on codeine?
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Committing to something like that was not alcohol or weed based. It had to be some kind of other drug. Was it that time I was on codeine?
              I told you not to snort the Oxycontin!
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I told you not to snort the Oxycontin!
                Sorry.

Comment

Probably Spotted Cow.

If you like Spotted Blah, try Lift Bridge Farm Girl sometime it has a little more flavor.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Turns out the Butt was only worth 300 million, and that includes her legs. Now each boob are worth a million a whack. But I would need to seem them in person to determine if they were sagging
                    I bet you'd squeeze the tomatoes at the supermarket, too.
                    Originally posted by state of hockey
                    Tecate tonight. Haha!
                    Ugh. That was a bad idea.
                    Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      If you like Spotted Blah, try Lift Bridge Farm Girl sometime it has a little more flavor.
                      I didn't say I liked Spotted Cow, I just know that it is one of LWB's favorite beers. I actually don't drink much beer, I'm just not a big fan. I usually stick to some kind of whiskey, and now that it is getting warm I'll start to drink vodka occasionally.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I didn't say I liked Spotted Cow, I just know that it is one of LWB's favorite beers. I actually don't drink much beer, I'm just not a big fan. I usually stick to some kind of whiskey, and now that it is getting warm I'll start to drink vodka occasionally.
                        Gotcha. Start drinking single malt scotch with Vichy water.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          Good question. So.............

Why is it you are trying to discredit the opinion, of clearly the majority, that there is a problem with Men's hockey, that you clearly feel is preposterous?

Oh, I see now, I missed that part about "rational individuals"

Now back to ........wait where were we??
                          Uh, the truth does not depend upon a majority vote. Look at the last dozen or so posts to confirm this.

There is no uniform enforcement of academic standards by the NCAA or college hockey. Questions? Some schools have and will apply academic standards to their hockey players and recipients of athletic scholarships, and some have not, do not, and will not until reforms are implemented;thus the subject of this thread - "College Hockey Reform." Questions?

Comment

dig if you will, a picture

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                              Uh, the truth does not depend upon a majority vote. Look at the last dozen or so posts to confirm this.

There is no uniform enforcement of academic standards by the NCAA or college hockey. Questions? Some schools have and will apply academic standards to their hockey players and recipients of athletic scholarships, and some have not, do not, and will not until reforms are implemented;thus the subject of this thread - "College Hockey Reform." Questions?
                              Oh, I get it! Opinion=Truth! But only if it's the big red something's opinion, because obviously all our opinions are fallacies.

Considering something to be in danger is opinion. It all depends on what you think danger is! MOST of us consider threat to life to be danger, therefore society considers it to be so. MOST of us consider threat to college hockey to be nonexistent, or minimal, therefore... So, that's opinion.

I have decided you are right, and Junior hockey should not merge with college hockey, even if it would bring in more money, more fans, and produce a better brand of hockey.

I'll stick with my proposal of renaming hockey programs with GSR rates lower than 50% "College Hookey" - for the sake of honesty.

I went to the cited "ncaa.org/wps/portal" site and found a list of colleges and accompanying pdf files. I was not able to locate the GSR rates of specific hockey teams for specific years, although I found GSR's for entire student bodies and entire athletic programs, which do NOT represent the GSR for that year's hockey team. Also, I was unable to find the GSR's for college scholarship recipients on hockey teams, which would really settle the question of whether or not some colleges are sacrificing academic expectations to winning seasons.
                              I still can't figure out why the NCAA still allowed allows teams with 8% to 39% GSR's to participate in playoffs. Money, maybe? Would I be happy if the NCAA adopted a 60% minimum GSR for a team to play in post season tournaments? No. Not unless they enforced the rule. A few years ago the NCAA adopted a 50% minimum GSR for post season play. It's a joke, but a sad one. I can't decide whether to admire or pity those who are sanguine enough to conclude that with a governing body such as this (the NCAA) college hockey faces little risk of recruiting, financial, or academic corruption.
                              Now that Mr. Red Bear has reevaluated his stance (NCAAs shouldn't allow post-season teams<50%GSR), I can agree 100%.
                              Tecate tonight. Haha!
                              Ugh. That was a bad idea.
                              Ever notice how, after hockey season, baseball games seem INTERMINABLE??

Comment

No one is arguing the enforcement of academic standards. You keep bringing it up like it's a point of contention. It's not.

The question is why is it necessary to reform college hockey. An 82% GSR is higher then most student body. Ergo, no problem and no reason for a thread.

But just to drag this out. Say the NCAA implemented a 50% GSR requirement......who would that have affected last year? NO ONE. !!!

Get it? It's not a problem.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X