• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Selleck Goes Pro

Read all about it

http://www.palltimes.com/articles/20...4051915801.txt

Re: Eric Selleck Goes Pro

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
    'Tis official. So, we can anticipate seeing a USCHO mention of it in a couple weeks?

(Not that our favorite journalists aren't already working on it, and probably have it almost done if not already submitted. They do their work, I can't complain about them.)
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Has a d3 player ever left early to sign a two way contract with a NHL/AHL team? This is a shock for a d3 player. How did the d1 teams miss this kid?

Comment

Why the frowny face? I would think this is a good thing for your school. I mean, anytime Aucoin gets mentioned, 349 different threads pop up on this board with people ready to felate him. So think of all the time you guys get to spend reading threads now!
        "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
          Why the frowny face? I would think this is a good thing for your school. I mean, anytime Aucoin gets mentioned, 349 different threads pop up on this board with people ready to felate him. So think of all the time you guys get to spend reading threads now!
          As far as the Lakers go though, losing Musselwhite, Gunn-Taylor, and Selleck all in the same year is really going to hurt.
          WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by neshl05 View Post
            Has a d3 player ever left early to sign a two way contract with a NHL/AHL team? This is a shock for a d3 player. How did the d1 teams miss this kid?
            KID?????? I believe he was a 21yo freshman......whats his contract look like?? any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              KID?????? I believe he was a 21yo freshman......whats his contract look like?? any ideas??
              Yes, that was the important part of my post...

Comment

Without Selleck who is gonna burn down the CC?

Comment

Originally posted by powerofyellowandblack View Post
                  Numbers, dude. numbers.

Point Scoring: GP PPG G- A- P
                  1 Eric Selleck 28 1.93 21-33-54

You don't replace the #1 scorer in the country easily. Congrats to the kid, but I was looking forward to his junior and senior years. On to a bigger (frozen) pond.

Comment

Good luck to Eric but weren't we kinda expecting something like this to happen. If the player has the opportunity, why wouldn't he jump to the bigger ice. You can always complete college. It appears the Lakers are either going to need to work on their defensive game, since they will be losing some goals, or that line will continue to pump out goals providing they find the right linemate to replace Eric. If you think about it though, the S-L-F line kinda faded toward the end of the season when they were needed most.

Comment

Congrats Eric!

Even though this sucks, it can't hurt recruiting. It's rare for a D-III coach to be able to say that he's had players scouted and signed by an NHL team during the course of their college career. I'm sure Gosek will use that as a selling point, although Selleck was a player that had more skill than most players.

Comment

Congrats to Eric. I was upset, but I do realize collegehcky2's point. Gosek can use this to his advantage. Oswego will miss him, but we will be fine.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
                          Good luck to Eric but weren't we kinda expecting something like this to happen. If the player has the opportunity, why wouldn't he jump to the bigger ice. You can always complete college. It appears the Lakers are either going to need to work on their defensive game, since they will be losing some goals, or that line will continue to pump out goals providing they find the right linemate to replace Eric. If you think about it though, the S-L-F line kinda faded toward the end of the season when they were needed most.
                          yes they did fade BIG TIME.........not sure but, how many goals did selleck have the last 10 games??? 3 or 4 maybe..........Hockey is a team game, they will circle the wagons and be ready for the 2010-2011 season.......

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            'Tis official. So, we can anticipate seeing a USCHO mention of it in a couple weeks?

(Not that our favorite journalists aren't already working on it, and probably have it almost done if not already submitted. They do their work, I can't complain about them.)
                            Not that I'm implying I'm anyone's favorite journalist but I'm actually not working on it.

One of the editors is responsible for keeping track of all players leaving early going pro. I alerted him to this news, since I'm sure they don't expect this in the D3 ranks.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by osuhockeyfan View Post
                              Without Selleck who is gonna burn down the CC?
                              I heard the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester just ordered extra fire extinguishers...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X