Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Cloud State 2010-2011

Official St Cloud State commits (Link):

St. Cloud State University’s head women’s hockey coach Jeff Giesen is pleased to announce the signing of Michelle Burke (London, Ontario), Sydney Burghardt (Medicine Hat, Alberta), Kayla Capistrant (Roseville) and Julia Gilbert (Hermantown) to National Letters of Intent and conference tenders to attend SCSU in the fall of 2010 and play women’s hockey
    Along with the fall commits (Link - Amanda Monkman, Molli Mott, and Amy Olson) this looks to be a good recruiting class. It will be hard to replace the seniors - some great players - but it looks like there will be lots of opportunities for next year's players to step up and fill some openings.

It's obviously good news for the team that goaltending remains strong, and that will be invaluable in keeping the team in the games until players step up and fill the roles of this year's graduates.

I'm not predicting the National Championship, and while clearly a rebuilding year, I think the Huskies will surprise and be better than people might think, given the high quality players who graduated.

Re: St Cloud State 2010-2011

Originally posted by GumpW View Post

Along with the fall commits (Link - Amanda Monkman, Molli Mott, and Amy Olson) this looks to be a good recruiting class. It will be hard to replace the seniors - some great players - but it looks like there will be lots of opportunities for next year's players to step up and fill some openings.

It's obviously good news for the team that goaltending remains strong, and that will be invaluable in keeping the team in the games until players step up and fill the roles of this year's graduates.

I'm not predicting the National Championship, and while clearly a rebuilding year, I think the Huskies will surprise and be better than people might think, given the high quality players who graduated.
    Let's win the Final Faceoff first.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by GumpW View Post

Have any Husky fans read the 2011-2012 commitment thread today? You're getting an excellent D in Miss Hanmer. Great catch for the Huskies...Huskies...Huskies.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Have any Husky fans read the 2011-2012 commitment thread today? You're getting an excellent D in Miss Hanmer. Great catch for the Huskies...Huskies...Huskies.
        I had not seen that about Hanmer - thanks for pointing it out. She will be a very nice player for the Huskies in a year.

The WCHA is getting downright scary - take the big three, add in an improving UND team, Ohio State looks like they have some good young talent, Bemidji has a good base and an outstanding goalie for the next couple of years, St Cloud and Mankato have both recruited some nice players. End result, I don't think any team is going to be able to "take weekends off" (i.e. play at less than full capability) and win a couple of games. The quality of every team is getting better each year - should be fun to watch next season!

Comment

Working...
        X