This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East 2010-2011

BC and Maine look like obvious top-4 teams but Merrimack could be one of those teams. I suppose BU or UNH could be the other. Put in your top-4 surprises for next season.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    BC and Maine look like obvious top-4 teams but Merrimack could be one of those teams. I suppose BU or UNH could be the other. Put in your top-4 surprises for next season.
    I think its too early to pick any conference, but since you asked:

1.) Boston College, assuming there are no early departures, will dominate.
    2.) Maine will finish lower than second. They had a great run to finish the season, but they still struggled to make the Hockey East playoffs last year.
    3.) Boston U. and UNH will not get home ice
    4.) Providence will not finish last. UMass-Lowell will.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post

2.) Maine will finish lower than second. They had a great run to finish the season, but they still struggled to make the Hockey East playoffs last year.
      1. Sure, easy pick.
      2. Definite? No, absolutely not. Nyquist is too good, but the Darling situation has to be resolved. There's a lot of talent up there.
      3. Both have question marks. Who is UNH's goalie? And will BU's goalie(s) show up, which can also be said for the rest of the team, with a good recruiting class coming in. Again, not definite for either. UMass got killed by departures, Lowell lost a lot, Mack is good but how will they deal with teams not taking them lightly, Vermont is Vermont, pesky but inconsistent, NU apparently has some good freshman coming in. But no one else in the conference really stands out below the top 1 or 2 as definite home ice teams.
      4. You're a fool.
      time to write new history

Comment

Hendricksen picked BC to be 8th last season and look what happen. BU is getting some good recruits and could surprise people with Nieto and Clendening.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

1) They should, yes, but when was the last time anything went according to plan in HE? I'd still pick them first, though.
          2) How did they struggle to make the playoffs? They were in the top 4 all season and were one of only 3 teams to have a spot clinched going into the final weekend. I'd pick them second.
          3) I think at least one will. I see BU, UNH and Merrimack battling for 3-4-5. Wouldn't be shocked to see UVM or NU jump into that group, though.
          4) Possibly. I see PC, UML and UMass battling for 8th. I don't think PC will be all that improved, but UML and UMass lose a lot.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
            1. Sure, easy pick.
            2. Definite? No, absolutely not. Nyquist is too good, but the Darling situation has to be resolved. There's a lot of talent up there.
            3. Both have question marks. Who is UNH's goalie? And will BU's goalie(s) show up, which can also be said for the rest of the team, with a good recruiting class coming in. Again, not definite for either. UMass got killed by departures, Lowell lost a lot, Mack is good but how will they deal with teams not taking them lightly, Vermont is Vermont, pesky but inconsistent, NU apparently has some good freshman coming in. But no one else in the conference really stands out below the top 1 or 2 as definite home ice teams.
            4. You're a fool.
            Whats foolish about that? Lowell finished fifth and lost just about everyone. PC doesn't have much, but they do have most of their team returning.
            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              Hendricksen picked BC to be 8th last season and look what happen. BU is getting some good recruits and could surprise people with Nieto and Clendening.
              "bu will finish 8th!" diamond dave

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Whats foolish about that? Lowell finished fifth and lost just about everyone. PC doesn't have much, but they do have most of their team returning.
                Beaudry is not a bad goalie the games I've seen him play but the rest of the team is not so good.

Comment

Whats foolish about that? Lowell finished fifth and lost just about everyone. PC doesn't have much, but they do have Jon.( signed to a lifetime contract)
                  fixed your post

Comment

First, Lowell finished tied for third. Only in playoff seeding does "fifth" come into play.

Secondly, Lowell definitely lost a lot, but they're very high on the recruiting class (and there's a ton of them), and have some good players (hopefully) coming back as well including Edwards and Campbell. Saying that, I do think they're going to be fighting at the bottom of the league.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      "bu will finish 8th!" diamond dave

No, no! Dave has to pick BC to finish 8th again.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Merrimack was terrible on the road last year and if that continues forget them finishing any higher than 6th. Their home record was also extremely good, we'll see if that continues next year. Braithwaite has left school also, so is Cannata really the guy you want in net every game?
                        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                          Merrimack was terrible on the road last year and if that continues forget them finishing any higher than 6th. Their home record was also extremely good, we'll see if that continues next year. Braithwaite has left school also, so is Cannata really the guy you want in net every game?
                          "Paging HokyDad! HokyDad, you are need in thread 17. HokyDad!!"
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

bc will dominate. maine will be close behind.

uml/pc/umass will fight for 8th

the rest is a toss up, unh/bu/nu/uvm fill out the middle, i think the mack is just above those guys (if the rosters stay the same as of right now).

another tight year, home ice will once again come down to the final weekend.
                            Arenas Attended
                            Matthews Arena
                            Agganis Arena
                            Tsongas Arena
                            Lawler Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            TD Banknorth Garden
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Alfond Arena
                            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

In PC's defense, there's no possible way they could be that bad again. Right?

Sigh.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                              X