X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
    Just think though, if one more great year we're tied with UNH for Titles!
    excellent point........go figure

Comment

penn state already has as many national titles as UNH and vermont combined
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        penn state already has as many national titles as UNH and vermont combined
        Clever and original
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          Clever and original
          and true. and yes, you can add in northeastern there too, difference being i realize our odds of winning a NC ever (at or around .5%).
          Arenas Attended
          Matthews Arena
          Agganis Arena
          Tsongas Arena
          Lawler Arena
          Schneider Arena
          Mullins Center
          TD Banknorth Garden
          Conte Forum
          Whittemore Center
          Gutterson Fieldhouse
          Alfond Arena
          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

We could make of list of all the hockey programs that have never won a NC...

I'll start :

UVM
            UNH
            NU
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
              We could make of list of all the hockey programs that have never won a NC...

I'll start :

UVM
              UNH
              NU
              Bentley.....

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Bentley.....
                Bobby Mo

Comment

If you change this to "teams that have won without needing to cheat" you can add Maine to the list.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

In the next 10 years at least one HE team will win a national title and won't be BC, BU, or Maine. I'm not saying those schools won't win one but one of the other schools will pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                      In the next 10 years at least one HE team will win a national title and won't be BC, BU, or Maine. I'm not saying those schools won't win one but one of the other schools will pull it off.
                      Highly unlikely even 1 from outside that group can bag a title in the next 10, let alone perhaps more than 1. I'd put Maine at a longshot as well.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        Highly unlikely even 1 from outside that group can bag a title in the next 10, let alone perhaps more than 1. I'd put Maine at a longshot as well.
                        I could see UNH or UVM winning it all in the next 10 years. I think the recruiting violations will set UNH back a few years, but I still think they'll be a tourney team pretty much every year and I think once the two or three years or however long the sanctions are for are up, they'll start landing top-notch recruiting classes again.

UVM's recruiting classes are definitely heading in the right direction and a new arena (which as far as I know is still an "if" at this point) would be a huge help.

In ranking HE teams by likelihood of winning a NC in the next 10 years, I'd have to go:
                        1) BC
                        2) BU
                        3) Maine
                        4) UVM
                        5) UNH

(Huge gap)

Everyone else

If I were a betting man, though, the only two I'd put money on would be BC and BU.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                          I could see UNH or UVM winning it all in the next 10 years. I think the recruiting violations will set UNH back a few years, but I still think they'll be a tourney team pretty much every year and I think once the two or three years or however long the sanctions are for are up, they'll start landing top-notch recruiting classes again.

UVM's recruiting classes are definitely heading in the right direction and a new arena (which as far as I know is still an "if" at this point) would be a huge help.

In ranking HE teams by likelihood of winning a NC in the next 10 years, I'd have to go:
                          1) BC
                          2) BU
                          3) Maine
                          4) UVM
                          5) UNH

(Huge gap)

Everyone else

If I were a betting man, though, the only two I'd put money on would be BC and BU.
                          yeah, pencil the Terriers in for 2012 or 2013

Comment

Outside the three mentioned i'd group it like this:

Group 1
                            UNH
                            UVM

Group 2
                            UMASS
                            NU
                            UML

Group 3
                            Merrimack
                            Providence

Group 1 schools are most likely to pull it off and are capable of it. UVM has good recruiting as does UNH and they got solid fan bases and support. At the very least one of these two will be in the Frozen Four again in the next few years.
                            Group 2 schools have the potential to put together a run. (For some reason I think one year UMASS will get it together and make the Frozen Four they just seem like an underachieving team idk why). NU has new upgrades and been getting better recruits but we will see. UML now owns their arena and can maybe get more focus on the program.
                            Group 3 schools almost no shot. Worst Arenas in the league though Merrimack has an excuse Providence has known since they actually have money.

Comment

No love for UVM or NU. I think they will both make some noise this year, and more next year.

Also interesting how some programs are being decimated by early losses to the pros (Notre Dame) while others do not lose much this year while they retain kids capable of going early.

http://thecollegehockeyblog.com/2010...-east-preview/

Comment

Percentage of Hockey East team's liklihood of winning a national title within the next ten years:

Boston College = > 90%
                                Boston U. = > 80%
                                Maine = > 50%
                                UNH = < 50%
                                UVM = < 50%
                                UMass = < 20%
                                Northeastern = < 5%
                                Providence = < 3%
                                Lowell = 0%
                                Merrimack = 0%

Boston College and BU's goals should be to win the Frozen Four every year. The rest should have a goal of simply making the Frozen Four within the next ten years. Lowell and MC should be happy to make a tournament once in a while. And, yes, Brown would fall into that latter group, too.
                                Last edited by Onion Man; 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X