X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I didn't go as far to say he's just an "average" regular season goalie. Not an all star, but slightly above average. He was 5th out of 13 HE goalies in save percentage last year (league games only). And he was 4th out of 11 when you take into consideration all games. This is courtesy of Hockey East Online.
    Then we agree. Sweet, we can let this die out.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      so you think BU is "often" a question mark? yeah, well, to me it's not IF they'll be good, it's how good......... that what you mean?
      I believe that is what he meant although snwbrder can answer for himself. BU will always be good, it's just a question of do they finish 4-5-6, or do they find a way, which they seem to, to make it up into the 2-3 range. They have a talented underperforming squad with some disciplinary problems complimented with a nice incoming class. Do they play like last year? Do the upperclassmen step up and the freshman play as billed? I think they challenge for 2-3-4.

Hard to say who's underrated/overrated before even a preseason poll comes out, but I think Merrimack is in good shape when you consider they came in 6th last year and one team in front of them (UML) lost a ton. I think MC is right in the 4-6 range. Are you saying they'll finish 7th or worse?

Only question for me (big one, I know) is the goaltending. Who is their #1?

I'll just say PC since everyone is picking them for 10th. Can't go anywhere but up...
      I think MC is slightly overrated, they finished well and de Costa was the man, but teams will not take them lightly and de Costa is going to be kept in check significantly more then last year. My guess is they finish pretty much the same as last year 6-7 range.

On the ME front, they maybe are overrated too. No doubt they will have a potent offense, but unless they have a freshman goalie to come in and take the helm right out of the gate it won't be enough for a 2nd place HE finish. They are going to need some goaltending. Not to say it can't happen, time and time again freshman goalies have stepped in and played great, Muse Milan, Madore, etc. but it's a big question mark. Moreover, there are some serious expectations for the team that haven't been there in recent years, will that have an UML effect?

PC is a good guess, picked 10th almost unanimously, however they could easily beat out UMA or possible even UML and end up as a final playoff team. OK maybe not easily, but it could happen.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      was this because your team tends to hang banners for the odd 'moral victory'?
      No. Did you even attempt to read the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        I just didn't feel like searching the thread for the 30 or so posts that said Muse was the second coming of christ. It happened to be the first one I came across.

But even you, assuming you have read past posts on this thread, can't seriously state that "not even BC fans say he is a great regular season goalie" or that he shouldn't be an all HE team selection.

I can find you several BC fans that think he should not only be an all HE, but an all American and upon graduation should be given an ambassadorship to the country of his choice until his 35th birthday at which point he shall be installed as the next King of the United States.
        The anti-Muse sentiment you have is either based in jealousy or lunacy. How many goaltenders in history have EVER won two national championships? That's pretty elite company, jcarter. In my opinion, John Muse is Montana or Brady, a guy who raises his game to a superhuman level in the postseason and just wins. That's the guy I'd want in the net for my team over anyone.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          The anti-Muse sentiment you have is either based in jealousy or lunacy. How many goaltenders in history have EVER won two national championships? That's pretty elite company, jcarter. In my opinion, John Muse is Montana or Brady, a guy who raises his game to a superhuman level in the postseason and just wins. That's the guy I'd want in the net for my team over anyone.
          **** me, there is nothing more annoying then someone that reads a post or two and then comments when there have been 7 ****ing pages of comments.

Had you even bothered to attempt to use your Brown education to read, you would see multiple occassions where I have credited Muse as one of the top goaltenders, one of the best in HE. Moreover, I said he would be part of the best tandem in HE this year.

I don't know what your disability is but get some help for it turd nugget.

Can we let the Muse **** die now? Seriously, it's clear that if you aren't singing his praise loud enough someone is going to get upset. All praise John Muse, the best goalie in the history of college hockey ever!!!!.

Let's move on...

Comment

There has been a lot of talk about BU, BC, UNH and Maine this offseason, but what about UVM?

They have Madore in net who has been excellent in two years in Burlington, plus a solid recruiting class, headlined by Connor Brickley. They have one of the biggest D cores in college hockey and their offense is nothing to sneeze at.

I could see them as a Top 5 team...
            "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
            "Why?"
            "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

**** me, there is nothing more annoying then someone that reads a post or two and then comments when there have been 7 ****ing pages of comments.

Had you even bothered to attempt to use your Brown education to read, you would see multiple occassions where I have credited Muse as one of the top goaltenders, one of the best in HE. Moreover, I said he would be part of the best tandem in HE this year.

I don't know what your disability is but get some help for it turd nugget.

Can we let the Muse **** die now? Seriously, it's clear that if you aren't singing his praise loud enough someone is going to get upset. All praise John Muse, the best goalie in the history of college hockey ever!!!!.

Let's move on...
              You remind me of a guy I argued in an airport two years ago about who was better: Dan Marino or Joe Montana. Marino had all the stats, but did nothing to help his team win when it counted. Montana and/or Brady had good stats but elevated them in the postseason when it counted.

I'll leave this debate here, but the bottom line is stats are for losers. Trophies are for winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                You remind me of a guy I argued in an airport two years ago about who was better: Dan Marino or Joe Montana. Marino had all the stats, but did nothing to help his team win when it counted. Montana and/or Brady had good stats but elevated them in the postseason when it counted.

I'll leave this debate here, but the bottom line is stats are for losers. Trophies are for winners.
                Good because it's not a debate. No one is arguing with you...

Comment

Let's move on...
                  LOL

How can anybody move on when you make ******** posts like this? Stick to specifics and what people have said about Muse.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
                    There has been a lot of talk about BU, BC, UNH and Maine this offseason, but what about UVM?

They have Madore in net who has been excellent in two years in Burlington, plus a solid recruiting class, headlined by Connor Brickley. They have one of the biggest D cores in college hockey and their offense is nothing to sneeze at.

The UVM offense lost a fair amount of the scoring, however the upside is that last years freshman really came on strong in the second half of the year and there is a pretty talented incoming class.

The D is very experienced and are a strength of the team.

Madore will continue to be strong in net, and a talented freshman goaltender will push him.

All in all, they will be competitive and will have success in the offense can generate some goals.

Comment

LOL

How can anybody move on when you make ******** posts like this? Stick to specifics and what people have said about Muse.
                      Why? What's the point? The topic is over unless you have something else to add, but I actually agreed with your post, so there is not point in continuing???

Comment

LOL

jcarter is a fool. That fact is not up for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post

Top 5 in Hockey East right? if yes, i do too

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            Top 5 in Hockey East right? if yes, i do too
                            Yes, they would need to go on quite a run to be Top 5 nationally I'm thinking Madore could steal them a few games throughout the season...
                            "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                            "Why?"
                            "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Why? What's the point? The topic is over unless you have something else to add, but I actually agreed with your post, so there is not point in continuing???
                              I don't actually want you to continue this, but if you wanted to, stick to the specifics and what was said about Muse. That's all.

Comment

I don't actually want you to continue this, but if you wanted to, stick to the specifics and what was said about Muse. That's all.
                                Then why do you keep bringing it up after it died?

Comment

Working...
                                X