X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    This is too easy. Prove it.

Show me one or more posts from BC fans calling Muse a great regular season goalie/that he should have been an all hockey east selection.
    Nah, do you own searching. You will just argue semantics over any quote anyhow and in the end we will just be arguing over innuendo and insinuations.

Really not worth the time. I mean really since you acknowledge that Muse is just an average goalie during the regular season that steps up come playoffs the rest is moot anyways.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      there is no argument that he wasn't the best anything in 2009 and last year he wasnt the best goalie on the team until Milner had the stinkeroo vs UMass in the HE tourney. 2008? he averaged .56 goals against MORE than Regan did for UNH in conference games. we all know what he did in the tourneys that year, so, all that being said, i am thinking there can't be a lot (any?) BC fans that think he was the best goalie in HE in any of his 3 years, but with Muse, we all know it aint about the numbers........
      Exactly. He is, however, undoubtedly the best money goaltender in college hockey.

jcarter, that means in the playoffs/big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        there is no argument that he wasn't the best anything in 2009 and last year he wasnt the best goalie on the team until Milner had the stinkeroo vs UMass in the HE tourney. 2008? he averaged .56 goals against MORE than Regan did for UNH in conference games. we all know what he did in the tourneys that year, so, all that being said, i am thinking there can't be a lot (any?) BC fans that think he was the best goalie in HE in any of his 3 years, but with Muse, we all know it aint about the numbers........
        Slasher.... In his opinion the goalie in HE with the best statistics didn't belong in the same sentance with Muse.... just saying. There may not be many, but those that do worship at the Muse altar are vocal, that's for sure.

Anywho, I can't believe even with my top ten flamefest cinders we somehow got back to Muse... jeez.

Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

This is too easy. Prove it.

Show me one or more posts from BC fans calling Muse a great regular season goalie/that he should have been an all hockey east selection.
          You probably won't find that. Although you might find someone suggesting that Chris Venti is better than anyone else in HE because the stats are the only thing that matter!!!!

Muse was merely the 2nd half of the best tandem in HE last year.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Nah, do you own searching. You will just argue semantics over any quote anyhow and in the end we will just be arguing over innuendo and insinuations.
            LOL. In other words, you have nothing.

Really not worth the time. I mean really since you acknowledge that Muse is just an average goalie during the regular season that steps up come playoffs the rest is moot anyways.
            I didn't go as far to say he's just an "average" regular season goalie. Not an all star, but slightly above average. He was 5th out of 13 HE goalies in save percentage last year (league games only). And he was 4th out of 11 when you take into consideration all games. This is courtesy of Hockey East Online.

Comment

Slasher.... In his opinion the goalie in HE with the best statistics didn't belong in the same sentance with Muse.... just saying. There may not be many, but those that do worship at the Muse altar are vocal, that's for sure.
              It would be nice if you offered the actual quote along with the context of the argument, but slasher can come on here and defend himself.

John Muse has won two national titles and has ridiculous postseason numbers. That's why we "worship at the Muse altar."

Comment

Anywho, I can't believe even with my top ten flamefest cinders we somehow got back to Muse... jeez.

but i do worship at the Muse alter

Comment

I actually had hope for this post to go somewhere interesting. Hope = dashed

Less than two months to open the season. Let's see some projections.

I'll start with Mack is overrated. NU and UVM are underrated. UNH and BU are rather large question marks - as they often are - but their depth always seems to overcome the questions. And is Maine really as good as they would project based on last year or was last year a gift and now that they are being respected again they will find the going tougher?

And which one of UMASS, UML or PC are likely to surprise to the upside?

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                    I actually had hope for this post to go somewhere interesting. Hope = dashed

Less than two months to open the season. Let's see some projections.

I'll start with Mack is overrated. NU and UVM are underrated. UNH and BU are rather large question marks - as they often are - but their depth always seems to overcome the questions. And is Maine really as good as they would project based on last year or was last year a gift and now that they are being respected again they will find the going tougher?

so you think BU is "often" a question mark? yeah, well, to me it's not IF they'll be good, it's how good......... that what you mean?
                    Last edited by sterlippo1; 08-10-2010, 06:44 PM. Reason: quotation fingers

Comment

I'll start with Mack is overrated. NU and UVM are underrated.
                      Hard to say who's underrated/overrated before even a preseason poll comes out, but I think Merrimack is in good shape when you consider they came in 6th last year and one team in front of them (UML) lost a ton. I think MC is right in the 4-6 range. Are you saying they'll finish 7th or worse?

UNH and BU are rather large question marks - as they often are - but their depth always seems to overcome the questions.
                      Under Umile, UNH has been questioned a few times, but they haven't finished lower than 4th since 1995-1996. That's incredible.

And is Maine really as good as they would project based on last year or was last year a gift and now that they are being respected again they will find the going tougher?
                      Only question for me (big one, I know) is the goaltending. Who is their #1?

I'll just say PC since everyone is picking them for 10th. Can't go anywhere but up...

Comment

UNH and BU are rather large question marks - as they often are - but their depth always seems to overcome the questions.
                        Coyle and Nieto will be players to watch. I believe BC tried to recruit Nieto.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          Coyle and Nieto will be players to watch. I believe BC tried to recruit Nieto.
                          Found this from USHR from when he committed:

"Nieto’s final choice was between Boston University and major junior. There were no other colleges in the picture."

Not sure how that happened, but looks like BU was simply competing with the CHL.

Comment

was this because your team tends to hang banners for the odd 'moral victory'?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Found this from USHR from when he committed:

"Nieto’s final choice was between Boston University and major junior. There were no other colleges in the picture."

Not sure how that happened, but looks like BU was simply competing with the CHL.
                              its amazing that no other schools recruited him... then he got in trouble and there was talk of him going to canada to play.. then he gets sent home early from the WJC camp. very odd. i guess BU didnt learn from the jason lawrence experiment. this guy has bust written all over him.
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                its amazing that no other schools recruited him... then he got in trouble and there was talk of him going to canada to play.. then he gets sent home early from the WJC camp. very odd. i guess BU didnt learn from the jason lawrence experiment. this guy has bust written all over him.
                                lawrence has an outstanding sr season. if you want to use sabo as an example that's one thing, but jason came through at the end.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X