X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    a) i wasnt changing the parameters, i was making an apples to apples comparison to show who was better
    If you want to compare apples to apples why not look head to head?

Ooops, I see why.

Hutton : 4 goals in 3 games, 2 wins 1 loss 1.33GAA
    Muse : 7 goals in 2 games, 2 losses no wins 3.5 GAA
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      And I stand by that. Hutton cannot be used in the same sentence with John Muse. Muse is a 2X national champion with a historically good postseason record.
      Getting shellacked by Yale is a good? Of couse it is because Muse put them on his shoulders and single handly all by himself carried BC to a 9-7 win???

Comment

[QUOTE=jjmc85;4820114]
        The best penalty kill?

yes..............and as a side, they gave up 11 less goals in conference play than the second best goals against team, yes, UML 61 vs 72 or 18% less...............thats actually a pretty big gap when you think about it........

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          BAHHAHAHHHAA,

But by your logic he choked on the big stage when it mattered most... just like Hutton against ME right??

ANd you think I am insane, well I guess I am a little putting this much effort into defending a UML goalie but whatever.
          Forget Maine, Hutton couldn't get his team home ice in a relatively weak Hockey East conference.

Comment

Getting shellacked by Yale is a good? Of couse it is because Muse put them on his shoulders and single handly all by himself carried BC to a 9-7 win???
            Did you watch that game? Yale's 7 goals could not completely be put on Muse. Regardless, I never said Muse could walk on water and put him in Dryden's class. I said he's best netminder in the game today and no one is on his level. Period.

Comment

Forget Maine, Hutton couldn't get his team home ice in a relatively weak Hockey East conference.
              Yeah it couldn't be that his team couldn't give him any support...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                What other BC players have 2 rings?
                the graduated seniors, Ben Smith, Matt Lombardi, Carl Sneep and Matt Price...........

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  What other BC players have 2 rings?
                  Who play the goaltender position? None

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    the graduated seniors, Ben Smith, Matt Lombardi, Carl Sneep and Matt Price...........
                    ..and this year's senior class (Whitney, Gibbons, etc)

Comment

Did you watch that game? Yale's 7 goals could not completely be put on Muse.

But all of the goals against Hutton can be put directly on him??? I guess in Bizzarro world there are two sets of standards... one set for BC and one for the other 57 teams. I get it now, in that case you are absolutely right.

Comment

Yeah it couldn't be that his team couldn't give him any support...
                        Its not like his team was bad. If his stats were historically off the charts and his team couldn't win (LeBron James argument), that's one thing. His team was senior laden.

Comment

Its not like his team was bad. If his stats were historically off the charts and his team couldn't win (LeBron James argument), that's one thing. His team was senior laden.
                          His career stats are better then Muse...does that mean that its skewed because UML has had a better team then BC??

Comment

You eliminated games ( post season at that ) where Muse got schooled. That's a real apples to apples comparison.

Hamilton is terrible? Really a mid 2 GAA and .900+ save % is terrible? John would you take Hamilton if he decided to go play at PC? If I remember right he also held a powerhouse BU team to 1 controversial goal in the HE finals. Yup freaking bum, why would Blaise even let him suit up?

I think looking at the number of shots they were able to stop is a pretty neutral indicator. Wins losses, or GAA depend heavily on the competition but save % is pretty equal.

This isn't a freaking hypothetical question? I think you are confused.

So you think Milan and Rollheiser were a better tandem then Hutton and Hamilton last season? Sorry but I would disagree with that.

I'm not sure you even understand the question, you better go back and read the thread...especially before you go calling other people idiots.

you are out of your *** mind. when i compared you to an AIDS monkey, it was an insult to AIDS monkies.

a) i didnt eliminate postseason. YOU DID. the postseason stats are where Muse shines.. so why would i knock them out? i eliminated all OOC games - which included the HE playoffs for lowell as well - because the wide range of opponents made a true comparison impossible.

b) head to head is not an apples to apples comparison because they are playing different teams, ******.

c) hamilton is not better than beaudry. again you are incapable of separating a player from the team he is on.

d) you discredit milan/rollheiser based on last years stats but then you dig up a 2009 game to give props to hamilton? you are either stupid or hypocritical. i will let you pick.

i'm done with this. suffice to say, you have the intelligence of a 3 year old. any time i disagree with you i am happy because i have separated myself from the mental midgets.
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

..and this year's senior class (Whitney, Gibbons, etc)
                              (i) incomplete

Comment

His career stats are better then Muse...does that mean that its skewed because UML has had a better team then BC??
                                What is this based on? BC's had a much tough schedule over the years outside of the conference. They had some common opponents but when I look at UML's seasons I see a lot of Bentleys and other borderline D3 teams on their schedule. If you want to say playing Bentley as an OOC is the same as playing North Dakota or Denver, go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X