This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Maybe because Muse/Milner did a bit more. kinda weird to leave out the tandem that not only won the league tourney but the NCAA one as well.

I personally don't care about accolades. I knew how good BC was going into last year and I think they flew under the radar for most of the season. Its much more difficult with a target on your back, that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      I hope all of you agree, then, that Peyton Manning is a much better QB than Tom Brady because its the same argument.
      Using the opposing argument, David Patten is a better WR than Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
        Maybe because Muse/Milner did a bit more. kinda weird to leave out the tandem that not only won the league tourney but the NCAA one as well.

I personally don't care about accolades. I knew how good BC was going into last year and I think they flew under the radar for most of the season. Its much more difficult with a target on your back, that's for sure
        I don't know if I would say tandem... This was no Garth Snow/Mike Dunham rotation.

Milner did fine but it was 100% Muse's team and he was the goalie in bioth NCAA championships. PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
          Using the opposing argument, David Patten is a better WR than Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.
          Not even close. As a matter of fact, it's one of the more ridiculous posts on this thread. Try harder. Insinuating that Muse was along for the ride in their titles is asinine. I agree with Hokydad, Milner doesn't win the Frozen Four this year in net.
          Last edited by Onion Man; 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM.
          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Not even close. As a matter of fact, it's one of the more ridiculous posts on this thread. Try harder. Insinuating that Muse was along for the ride in their titles is asinine. I agree with Hokydad, Milner doesn't win the Frozen Four this year in net.
            Yeah, because my intent was to compare Muse to David Patten. Way to miss the point.

Agreeing with Hokydad is usually not the best course of action, fwiw.
            Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
            -Fred Shero

Comment

Papagiorgio had the right idea. UML did have the 2nd best tandem in Hockey East behind a pair of BC goalies... but it was Venti/Muse.

Venti save % 1.000/ GAA 0.00 > Hutton save % .928/ GAA 2.04
              Muse save % .910 2.4 GAA > Hamilton save % .905/ GAA 2.91

Muse had as many wins as both of the UML goalies combined...

Knowing that stats are the end all be all for our friend jcarter (except for moral victories against BU), I know he will agree with this.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                Yeah, because my intent was to compare Muse to David Patten. Way to miss the point.

Agreeing with Hokydad is usually not the best course of action, fwiw.
                What exactly is your point, then? You really think any anyone could have won in net for them? That's ignorant on a thousand levels. Wasn't their 08 team loaded with freshmen? Do you ever think before you write here?
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  um what?

even prior to the 2010 frozen four, muse was still 15-1 in the postseason with a 2.07 GAA and .931 save %. his only loss was in 2009 to, eventual national champion, BU where he/they conceded 3 goals in 44 seconds.

in that time, he otherwise boasts 3 shutouts, 2 hockey east championships, a national championship, and wins over north dakota, miami, minnesota, and unh (3 times)
                  epic post IMO

Comment

Onion Man is right on here......that game was over a few times especially in the OT if it weren't for Muse..........think the big save on the breakaway vs Wisconsin was a big one too? kinda changed the game, no?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      Onion Man is right on here......that game was over a few times especially in the OT if it weren't for Muse..........think the big save on the breakaway vs Wisconsin was a big one too? kinda changed the game, no?
                      That breakaway save was vs. Miami and it was 1-0 while BC was on the PP. BC scored like seconds later at the end of the PP.

Epic save in a Frozen Four (not that UVM or UNH fans know what that would look like, especially UNH with their nuclear meltdowns in most of the FF appearances).

I think BC fans should vacate this thread and let UVM and UNH fans argue over which trophy case is emptier.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Wasn't their 08 team loaded with freshmen?
                        Perfect time for me to chime in. No.
                        ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          That breakaway save was vs. Miami and it was 1-0 while BC was on the PP. BC scored like seconds later at the end of the PP.

Epic save in a Frozen Four (not that UVM or UNH fans know what that would look like, especially UNH with their nuclear meltdowns in most of the FF appearances).

I think BC fans should vacate this thread and let UVM and UNH fans argue over which trophy case is emptier.
                          i stand corrected.............i'll have another 20 oz draft same thing though, a complete game changer .......................BTW, as a relative newbie, i do not get the UVM-UML rivalry. did this happen pre HE? there is a lot of bitterness here......

Comment

BTW, as a relative newbie, i do not get the UVM-UML rivalry. did this happen pre HE? there is a lot of bitterness here......
                            WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? Isn't this thread already far enough down the tubes?
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

epic post IMO
                              yup. Muse is a money goalie. he may have moments during the season when he takes a nap. but you'd be hard pressed to find a goalie you'd rather have in net when your season ends with a loss.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What exactly is your point, then? You really think any anyone could have won in net for them? That's ignorant on a thousand levels. Wasn't their 08 team loaded with freshmen? Do you ever think before you write here?
                                The argument presented was that Muse is a better goalie because he's won postseason titles. (This is disregarding the BC fans' cherry-picked stats.)

My point is that just because a team wins a championship, that doesn't mean that any given player on that team is better than players who've never won. I didn't think it was all that difficult of a concept.

Here's a better example of the point: who's a better baseball player, Mark Bellhorn or Ted Williams?

Basically, all I'm arguing is that even though BC won the title, it is merely possible that there was a better goaltender than Muse in Hockey East.

(And, I was at the Frozen Four in '08. Gerbe was the key player on that team, and yes, I will maintain that Jack Parker could have played in net and they'd still have won.)
                                -Fred Shero

Comment

Working...
                                X