X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
    Both quotes are true. He DID choke in Orono, didn't he? Where did I say Hutton sucked? Go roll up a fat one if you haven't already...
    You said no one was bashing him. And yet you "couldn't believe" Hutton and Muse were being used in the same sentence. Sorry maybe it wasn't what you were intending but in my book that's bashing Hutton. Especially considering statistically he was a more solid goaltender last year.

And no you didn't say he sucked, but then again, that wasn't the question in the first place. Kinda of like Hutton v. Muse was never the original point, nor was it which was better in the big game, or who you would choose etc etc.

Slasher, I'm not sure if you are aware at how much you stray from the original topic ,you may want to have that looked at fella. Adult ADA is a problem for many a person. Just remember... you are not alone.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      May I ask how he choked? He had a 1.95 GAA in the three games, and a 92.9% save rate.
      You know because he gave up 2 goals and 3 goals to Maine...but at least he didn't choke nearly as bad as Muse giving up 6

Interesting part is that the "big game goalie" gave up exactly the same number of goals to Maine in a single game as the choker did in 3 big games?

But, it all comes down to the "eyeball" test...right Nick and Slasher?
      Last edited by jcarter7669; 07-13-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

May I ask how he choked? He had a 1.95 GAA in the three games, and a 92.9% save rate.
        Did he not blow a three game series when Lowell won Game 1? Did he not allow the game tying goal in the waning moments of game 3 and then lose in OT? Statistically he did fine, but he the guy isn't a winner. I'll take the guy who can win when it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          You know because he gave up 2 goals and 3 goals to Maine...but at least he didn't choke nearly as bad as Muse giving up 6

Interesting part is that the "big game goalie" gave up exactly the same number of goals to Maine in a single game as the choker did in 3 big games?

But, it all comes down to the "eyeball" test...right Nick and Slasher?
          Muse allowed how many goals to Miami and Wisconsin? Winners play their best when it counts. Any goalie can beat Merrimack or UMass in November...

Comment

I'll take the guy who can win when it counts.

You mean the guy that has to get bailed out by his team with a 7 goal performance?

Comment

Did he not blow a three game series when Lowell won Game 1? Did he not allow the game tying goal in the waning moments of game 3 and then lose in OT? Statistically he did fine, but he the guy isn't a winner. I'll take the guy who can win when it counts.
              This thread (and the initial comment about Hutton) is about the regular season though, so Muse's postseason performance (which until this most recent Frozen Four I don't think you can call anything but "inconsistent"; yes, BC won, but how often was it a result of his performance?) isn't applicable. I believe the original point was that Lowell.
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

Muse allowed how many goals to Miami and Wisconsin? Winners play their best when it counts. Any goalie can beat Merrimack or UMass in November...
                Why not compare apples to apples.

Maine was a common opponent at the exact same time of year for both.

Oh and FYI, actually BC lost to MC on November 1st, so clearly Muse couldn't.

Comment

I'm not bringing up Muse in my comments right now at all, so that's irrelevant. But you're basically saying that it's all his fault that they lost ... wow.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'm not bringing up Muse in my comments right now at all, so that's irrelevant. But you're basically saying that it's all his fault that they lost ... wow.
                    You know, you're right to a point. "Choking" is too strong a word, so I'll backtrack on that. Lets just say he didn't get the job done. He's a good goalie, but he's not the guy I want in net for my team in a big game.

Comment

Oh and FYI, actually BC lost to MC on November 1st, so clearly Muse couldn't.
                      Yet somehow, BC was able to pick up the pieces and make the best of their season...

Comment

You mean the guy that has to get bailed out by his team with a 7 goal performance?
                        No, the guy who allowed one total goal to the two top teams in the country when the lights were its brightest...

Comment

No, the guy who allowed one total goal to the two top teams in the country when the lights were its brightest...
                          Which counts for what, exactly, in the regular season next year?
                          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                          -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                            This thread (and the initial comment about Hutton) is about the regular season though, so Muse's postseason performance (which until this most recent Frozen Four I don't think you can call anything but "inconsistent"; yes, BC won, but how often was it a result of his performance?) isn't applicable. I believe the original point was that Lowell.
                            Who cares about the regular season? Didn't we go over this at the end of the season when we resurrected the BC-UNH thread and several of the UNH fans looks like buffoons? The RS DOES. NOT. MATTER. MUCH. unless you're from NH or the WCHA.

Which counts for what, exactly, in the regular season next year?
                            What does Carter Hutton have to do with the RS next year? Who cares?

The comment that was challenged was that UML had to replace the best goaltending tandem in the league from last year (which is obviously wrong since Muse/Milner were the best duo in the league between the pipes) and this is where we are now.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Who cares about the regular season? Didn't we go over this at the end of the season when we resurrected the BC-UNH thread and several of the UNH fans looks like buffoons? The RS DOES. NOT. MATTER. MUCH. unless you're from NH or the WCHA.

What does Carter Hutton have to do with the RS next year? Who cares?

The comment that was challenged was that UML had to replace the best goaltending tandem in the league from last year (which is obviously wrong since Muse/Milner were the best duo in the league between the pipes) and this is where we are now.
                              This thread is about the regular season, isn't it?
                              Last edited by thecomicbookguy; 07-13-2010, 02:15 PM.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

This thread is about the regular season, isn't it?
                                I don't see anything in the title that says "regular season." Don't see it in the original post made by the original poster either.

Let's look at it this way. Most threads aren't about UNH's empty trophy case, but that gets brought up in most threads. See, this thread isn't about the NO NATIONAL TITLES in Durham, but we're talking about it now, aren't we?
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X