X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey East 2010-2011

Originally posted by mainetwentytwelve View Post
    Firstly, he plays for UNH and is a great player. And second, at the first game of the series up in Orono this year he was jawing with the student section after we hit him or a teammate with a puck that was sent into the student section. He then went on to intentionally flipping pucks up at us. Then during the game he scored and went right over to those fans and did that brush up your neck thing with the back of you fingers (can't really think of any other way to describe it) to say **** you. I'm 100% fine with all of that as it just adds to the atmosphere in my opinion. However, the next day there were signs all over the student section to not throw pucks back onto the ice and they were kicking out people who did. Coincidence? I'll never know for sure, but I blame him.
    [sarcasm]You're kidding me? He was pizzed someone threw a puck at him?[/sarcasm]
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Firstly,
      Firstly? Firstly? What the hell is firstly?
      Last edited by theprofromdover; 05-17-2010, 12:37 PM.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        You know, its amazing how little we Lowell fans have talked on the boards about goaltending for next season. Its probably one of those things that we'll find out when the games start and no sooner.
        Trust me, I think we're all concerned about it. I'm just hoping that someone (and from what I've heard it'll be Carr) steps up from the beginning. No doubt whomever gets the #1 spot will have some tough games, but if they stick it out with him...?
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Firstly, he plays for UNH and is a great player. And second, at the first game of the series up in Orono this year he was jawing with the student section after we hit him or a teammate with a puck that was sent into the student section. He then went on to intentionally flipping pucks up at us. Then during the game he scored and went right over to those fans and did that brush up your neck thing with the back of you fingers (can't really think of any other way to describe it) to say **** you. I'm 100% fine with all of that as it just adds to the atmosphere in my opinion. However, the next day there were signs all over the student section to not throw pucks back onto the ice and they were kicking out people who did. Coincidence? I'll never know for sure, but I blame him.
          If I was a player and someone through a puck at me, I'd be aiming for that someone every chance I got. I'm glad UMaine did the right thing and kicked people out for being idiots . Throwing stuff on the ice is ignorant and they deserved to get the boot
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            If I was a player and someone through a puck at me, I'd be aiming for that someone every chance I got. I'm glad UMaine did the right thing and kicked people out for being idiots . Throwing stuff on the ice is ignorant and they deserved to get the boot
            As you know walrus, the student section is basically right over the net of the visiting team during warmups. I was not at the Friday game, but I was at the Saturday game and saw pucks being tossed back onto the ice while the players were going through their warmup drills. It only takes a couple of idiots to ruin it for everybody (see Nick, Carmine) and obviously its not the entire group of students, but that is really NOT cool

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              It only takes a couple of idiots to ruin it for everybody (see Nick, Carmine)
              Hahahahahah. Keep whining, dbag.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Sorry for all the controversy what i said has caused. At the risk of me sounding even more like a jack*** I would like to try to clarify a few things. I don't "hate" Desimone, I shouldn't have said that. He is my least favorite UNH player. Its just one stupid reason why I don't like him a little bit more than I don't like any other on that team. I don't have anything personal or a vendetta against him or anything.
                As for the puck throwing, I do NOT think its ok, cool, or anything like that and I'm glad it has been mostly eliminated since then. I have never thrown one myself and as someone else said its just a few people, not everybody. I guess my reason for not liking Desimone is just the way he reacted to it (particularly what amounted to basically flipping off the student section) as opposed to everone else thats been hit. I don't blame him at all and I'm not trying to say what he did wasn't justified. So I guess my reason is pretty hypocritical in that I didn't like his reaction to the actions of some students even though I feel it was justified. But as I said before its not a big deal or anything, its just something stupid that happened on all fronts and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope this helped clear some things up and sorry if I came across as an ***hole and to anyone I've offended. I realize I'm digging myself a hole so I'll shut up and go away.
                It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

(see Nick, Carmine)
                  Nick and Carmine own you
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

As you know walrus, the student section is basically right over the net of the visiting team during warmups. I was not at the Friday game, but I was at the Saturday game and saw pucks being tossed back onto the ice while the players were going through their warmup drills. It only takes a couple of idiots to ruin it for everybody (see Nick, Carmine) and obviously its not the entire group of students, but that is really NOT cool
                    nick throws pucks at unh players? that is a stretch. was he also the second shooter?
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I hope this helped clear some things up and sorry if I came across as an ***hole and to anyone I've offended. I realize I'm digging myself a hole so I'll shut up and go away.
                      No worries here. I agree that throwing pucks at players from the balcony is stupid/classless, but I will say that, having been to UNH games in Orono a number of times, I'm pretty sure that, during warm-ups, UNH players aren't exactly careful to keep the shots low, if you catch my drift. Other than that, good stuff; made me chuckle, and I can understand your dislike.

I would argue your assessment of Desimone as "great"; I'd argue he was the weak link on the first line last year. I'd suggest watching for Thompson to step up and provide the offense next year.
                      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Nick and Carmine own you

Comment

Wear it.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            CLASSY!!!!!!!!
                            It may not have been classy, but it's freaking hilarious.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

He then went on to intentionally flipping pucks up at us. Then during the game he scored and went right over to those fans and did that brush up your neck thing with the back of you fingers (can't really think of any other way to describe it) to say **** you.
                              I would have too.

My bet is that Desimone wasn't a tattler, its just that someone finally got hit and it caused a problem. If you enjoy watching the game without a net in front of your face, you better tell those around you to stop throwing **** on the ice or it's going to happen. They've wanted to for a while.

Comment

Merrimack got some good news over the weekend when Da Costa announced he was returning for his sophomore year.

Comment

Working...
                                X