Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

Nothing to report (yet). Just fulfilling the obligations of my recent nomination.
    Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Re: Robert Morris 2010-2011 "Colonizing a New World"

... Feel like I am talking to myself here.

Bobby Mo will get to help break in the Consol Energy Center, as the annual College Hockey Showcase is going to be REALLY early this year - Friday, October 15th. Robert Morris plays its first Atlantic Hockey conference game against Air Force that night, with the RMU Women playing earlier, the ladies is opponent is all but assured, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
      ... Feel like I am talking to myself here.
      You aren't. !

Comment

Welcome to the AHA. Hope you guys can do better than the bulk of the non-RIT, AHA fans posting on here. Only Bentley and Air Force have been able to sustain a team thread the last couple of years, and they haven't done a real consistent job of it.

Hopefully with RMU and Niagara added to the mix, we can even keep an AHA thread going. This past season, the only reason the AHA thread stayed active was because that's where the Pick 'em was. I always enjoyed lurking in the CHA thread because the banter was pretty interesting. Would be nice to bring some of that to the AHA.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it from Central NY to Pitttsburgh for an RIT series. I used to spend a fair amount of time working with some folks at UPMC and got to really enjoy the city.
        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983
        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
          Welcome to the AHA. Hope you guys can do better than the bulk of the non-RIT, AHA fans posting on here. Only Bentley and Air Force have been able to sustain a team thread the last couple of years, and they haven't done a real consistent job of it.

Hopefully with RMU and Niagara added to the mix, we can even keep an AHA thread going. This past season, the only reason the AHA thread stayed active was because that's where the Pick 'em was. I always enjoyed lurking in the CHA thread because the banter was pretty interesting. Would be nice to bring some of that to the AHA.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it from Central NY to Pitttsburgh for an RIT series. I used to spend a fair amount of time working with some folks at UPMC and got to really enjoy the city.
          Yes, I am certainly going to miss "the old gang" from the CHA. And you're right, the conversations did get interesting. Those guys went so far back with each other, I am still trying to pick up on some of the references.

RMU-wise, there are three of us on here on a regular basis, with a few others popping up every so often. Not sure if it's enough to keep our own thread going all year, but our prescence will be around here somewhere.

And for the upcoming year, Schooley "warned" me that RIT will be visiting the Island twice this year. I have to say, after the display I saw in Detroit, I am more worried about the fan bus than the team bus showing up!

Comment

And for the upcoming year, Schooley "warned" me that RIT will be visiting the Island twice this year. I have to say, after the display I saw in Detroit, I am more worried about the fan bus than the team bus showing up!
            In the past, RIT has only sent fan buses to Canisius and Niagara (and this year, Albany and Detroit). Of course, this didn't stop a group of fans from going to Mercyhurst, or games in Mass/CT over breaks. I would not expect a lot of fans to make to trip to Robert Morris (Its about 4.5-5 hours). I would like to make the trip (depending on when it falls) however, and will bring a few people, so you should continue to worry
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              In the past, RIT has only sent fan buses to Canisius and Niagara (and this year, Albany and Detroit). Of course, this didn't stop a group of fans from going to Mercyhurst, or games in Mass/CT over breaks. I would not expect a lot of fans to make to trip to Robert Morris (Its about 4.5-5 hours). I would like to make the trip (depending on when it falls) however, and will bring a few people, so you should continue to worry
              Assuming I'm still living/working in Pittsburgh come September, I'll be at quite a few RMU games this year. Won't be hard to recognize me in the RIT jersey.

Oh, and Let's Go Pens???

Comment

Looking forward to Robert Morris/ Army as my son played with Eric Levine in Canada for the Pembroke Lumber Kings. I know the talk has already started.

Comment

I guess the schedule isn't going to be the only thing 'new' next year...

The Colonials will be sporting new jerseys this coming year as well. Anyone interested in purchasing a white or grey game worn jersey, please contact Coach Schooley at schooley@rmu.edu

Comment

RMU will be in the fight for first place next year in Atlantic Hockey. They were a young team last year and should be even better next year. As far as the schedule goes if they go to an East-West format and 3 and 2 games I find it hard to believe that somehow Army and AFA will not be playing 3 games. That has to be a sticking point on finalizing a schedule.

Comment

What is the cost on the game worns?

Like the rink down in Robert Morris land. Went down there two years ago when AIC was down there. Plus it gave me an excuse to see a friend I never see elsewise.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        RMU will be in the fight for first place next year in Atlantic Hockey. They were a young team last year and should be even better next year. As far as the schedule goes if they go to an East-West format and 3 and 2 games I find it hard to believe that somehow Army and AFA will not be playing 3 games. That has to be a sticking point on finalizing a schedule.
                        Air Force and Army only played 2 league games every year. IFRC that was one of the agreements that was put in place when AFA moved into the AHA. Don't know who or what was the driving force behind that.

If the split goes as expected, the AHA-W should be a much more competitive than the E.
                        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                        NCAA DII - 1983
                        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

I guess the schedule isn't going to be the only thing 'new' next year...

The Colonials will be sporting new jerseys this coming year as well. Anyone interested in purchasing a white or grey game worn jersey, please contact Coach Schooley at schooley@rmu.edu
                          Just bought 2 jerseys for my son.

Any idea when the schedule will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                            Air Force and Army only played 2 league games every year. IFRC that was one of the agreements that was put in place when AFA moved into the AHA. Don't know who or what was the driving force behind that.
                            It wasn't Air Force's choice.

Comment

Nothing to report (yet). Just fulfilling the obligations of my recent nomination.
                              Great Job Sir!! Love the title. Sorry I've not been around, been busy.....with well, anyway.....let's go RMU!!!

Only rumours I've heard about schedule wise were NoDak, perhaps Colgate, and that's about it. I've not heard a thing about any early departures but I guess there's always one or two every offseason, at least the last few years it seems like.

If I find out anything else, which is pretty unlikely, I'll forward it along.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Working...
                              X