RIT Women 2010 offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT Women 2010 offseason

Well, our season ended earlier than we all hoped. We graduated 3 seniors - Missy Hall, Kelley Prom, and Shireen Irani. They all brought great leadership to the team, and always put teamwork first.

Our first recruit has been posted to Beyond the Dashers. Erin Zach is a forward from the Cambridge Fury (Kim Schlattman's former team). She is from Elmira, which caught my eye at first, until I realized it is Elmira, Ontario Canada.

Here are the 09-10 stats I found on her. She was an assistant captain for her team.
    Regular season, 33 GP, 14G, 21A, 35pts, 8 pims, 1 ppg, 1ppa, 1 sha, 6 gwg.
    Playoffs: 5GP, 0G, 3A (3pts), 2pim.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Re: RIT Women 2010 offseason

I miss getting yelled at by goalies' moms.
    e^x, dx/dy, Janni wants some apple pie

Go Tigers.

Comment

I miss RIT hockey, period.
      RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
        Well, our season ended earlier than we all hoped. We graduated 3 seniors - Missy Hall, Kelley Prom, and Shireen Irani. They all brought great leadership to the team, and always put teamwork first.

Our first recruit has been posted to Beyond the Dashers. Erin Zach is a forward from the Cambridge Fury (Kim Schlattman's former team). She is from Elmira, which caught my eye at first, until I realized it is Elmira, Ontario Canada.

Here are the 09-10 stats I found on her. She was an assistant captain for her team.
        Is she the first RIT Mennonite recruit?

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

She is an excellent pick-up and should make a significant impact at this level. She is relatively small, but has blazing speed. And as her stats indicate, has much offensive talent.

Comment

got an article in an rss feed this morning about another recruit, Melissa Bromley. She is 5 foot, 10 inches, and is an defenseman who used to play forward (so she plays very offensively). She is coming from the Aurora Panthers. I will try to look up stats later.

http://www.yorkregion.com/sports/loc...tigers-stripes
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Seems like a good pick up. They needed to add some size on the blue line. The biggest concern is finding a goalie. King showed she could have some big moments and Torgerson had some too but always let the soft ones in at the wrong times.
              RIT TIGERS
              2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
                The biggest concern is finding a goalie.
                Or maybe 2?
                "Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese." - Joon

Comment

Boy, it's tough to be a goalie isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                    Boy, it's tough to be a goalie isn't it?
                    Seem to recall that poster has dissed the RIT goalies often. Might be related to a former Tiger netminder who transferred?

Comment

Seems like a good pick up. They needed to add some size on the blue line. The biggest concern is finding a goalie. King showed she could have some big moments and Torgerson had some too but always let the soft ones in at the wrong times.
                      Are both goalies returning?

Comment

Who cares how many they bring in. Just as long as one of them can steal the closee games against the good teams.
                        Elmira brought in 3 freshmen goalies last year. It seemed to work for them in those games.
                        RIT TIGERS
                        2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Who cares how many they bring in. Just as long as one of them can steal the closee games against the good teams.
                          Elmira brought in 3 freshmen goalies last year. It seemed to work for them in those games.
                          Word on the street is that Torgensen will not be returning...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                            Word on the street is that Torgensen will not be returning...
                            See, Spike. There's no animosity in my previous post. Just a question based on that same info.
                            "Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese." - Joon

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                              Word on the street is that Torgerson will not be returning...
                              Well that's news to this RIT fan. I'm pretty sure I would've heard that by now if it was true.

PS: I fixed your post
                              RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Working...
                              X