Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Americans-Canadians

Originally posted by LG4 View Post
    just look for the Hondas with the confederate flag /bumper sticker in the driveway.
    Is that not an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
      Are Canadian defense systems something we should be concerned about?
      Only if you are planning an attack.

Comment

Are Canadian defense systems something we should be concerned about?
        On the ice....most definitely.

Otherwise....not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LG4 View Post
          No have to rely on the Americans for that.

anyways BTW just look for the Hondas with the confederate flag /bumper sticker in the driveway.
          Hey now, let's not throw all Southerners under the bus, or Honda in this case, because a New Jersey idiot is coming on here spouting hatred all over the place. Plenty of friendly, happy, Canadians south of the Mason Dixon that enjoy the comforts of southern hospitality.
          GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
            Hey now, let's not throw all Southerners under the bus, or Honda in this case, because a New Jersey idiot is coming on here spouting hatred all over the place. Plenty of friendly, happy, Canadians south of the Mason Dixon that enjoy the comforts of southern hospitality.
            For sure...I've never yet met a southerner I didn't like....yankees...well that's another story. Nothing beats that southern charm and hospitality. Truth be known, my dream has always been to live part of the year in the Old South if I ever get to retire, though I'd miss hockey.

Comment

Wait, you mean this is a parent of a U-14 player causing us this much grief?

Who the heck is carding at the door! Don't you at least have to be the parent of a U16 player to be this ignorant and irritating?
              Thats funny! Could the attitude be because no is watching his player ?

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                For sure...I've never yet met a southerner I didn't like....yankees...well that's another story. Nothing beats that southern charm and hospitality. Truth be known, my dream has always been to live part of the year in the Old South if I ever get to retire, though I'd miss hockey.
                You'd be fine! Take your pick!! Alabama-Huntsville for D-1 College, or Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, Dallas....

You can have both!
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Whoa, Nellie! Didn't realize there were so many former "Ivy League D1 hockey players" floating around in here. [And if you think anyone believes that from a guy who probably is on double runners in the men's beer league... keep dreaming].

Looks like you lib types have got your undies all in a bunch. Relax...deep breath now....exhale....and drive your Honda to the unemployment office and get your check like the rest of the Canadians... Putting that 'Ivy education' to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by NJCPolarBear View Post
                    Whoa, Nellie! Didn't realize there were so many former "Ivy League D1 hockey players" floating around in here. [And if you think anyone believes that from a guy who probably is on double runners in the men's beer league... keep dreaming].

Looks like you lib types have got your undies all in a bunch. Relax...deep breath now....exhale....and drive your Honda to the unemployment office and get your check like the rest of the Canadians... Putting that 'Ivy education' to good use.
                    Boy, you are the dumbest arse I have ever witnessed on this forum. Get lost!

Comment

My total medical bills for the last 50 years : $0
                      Price for a 4 year University Degree in Canada : $80,000
                      Price for 4 years in the US : $210,000
                      My daughter getting a full ride when I could afford it anyways and making you write more posts solidifying you as a complete idiot : PRICELESS
                      Last edited by Mitterman; 04-20-2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                        You'd probably see plenty of familiar faces down here. It seems like I can't go a week without seeing at least 2 or 3 Ontario plates on the interstate where I live.

As to missing hockey, we'd love to have you build a girls program down here.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                          Simple.....Better players.
                          Great response to a stupid post.
                          Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by dogwatcher View Post
                            Thats funny! Could the attitude be because no is watching his player ?
                            Glad I was able to get all your undies all in a bunch... Where I'm from Hockey folks are a bit smarter and not such stupid libs. Oh well, you all need to get out more.

p.s. you canadian/mass hosers can stick to figure skating. my daughter's doing just fine. And no Wendy, I'm not Digit, although I have met her several times at various tournaments when she was scouting my daughter's team's games. She seems a little odd....must be a Canadian...
                            Dogwatcher, I guess that' ain't it! Apparently Digit's watching!
                            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                              Great response to a stupid post.
                              While I don't agree with the vitriolic debate or Canadian bashing, I do think there is a valid question in all of this. I think schools should pursue the best players when that distinction is obvious but the question in my mind is, are Canadian girls that much better in reality or is it just perception that US coaches are chasing? I am from Minnesota. Our girls play Canadians often and while I have admired some exceptional Canadian players I haven't discerned a huge difference in overall talent from our Minnesota girls. If the Canadians are superior by all means coaches should pursue the best talent but I think that if all things are equal (talent, etc.) it would be nice if more American girls were given greater opportunity to play college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitterman View Post
                                My total medical bills for the last 50 years : $0
                                Price for a 4 year University Degree in Canada : $80,000
                                Price for 4 years in the US : $210,000
                                My daughter getting a full ride when I could afford it anyways and making you write more posts solidifying you as a complete idiot : PRICELESS
                                Haha...perfect. Couldn't have summed it better!! (Except my Canadian degree didn't even cost that much.)

Comment

Working...
                                X