X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Americans-Canadians

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
    Try "financially-generous alumni donor."
    Hmmmmmmm, that Raty kid looked like she had deep pocket in her glove.

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
      Uhh, no, we pay taxes because we're Americans, and that's about all we're entitled to.
      Entitlement in a whole new light. Gotta love it...

Post and quote of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by LG4 View Post
        Is 8 schools really statistically significant as a sample?
        The way I read the post, the poster only listed the Non-WCHA schools with 10 or less Americans on their roster. From that you can deduct that all the other NON-WCHA schools (33-8-8=17 schools) carry 11 or more Americans. That means 1/3 (8/25) of the Non-WCHA schools carry 10 or less Americans, and 2/3 (17/25) carry 11 or more. BC might very well be at 100% Americans as they don't take any Canucks.

IIRC overall about 40% of the NCAA D1 players are canucks, and another 2-3% international, meaning about 55% are Americans. This means on a bell curve, the percentage of Americans on each team will range from about 30% to about 80%.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJCPolarBear View Post
          Here's an idea....how about if the American Colleges stop filling their rosters with Canadian Carpetbaggers...for non-revenue sports like women's hockey in particular?

Is there something so wrong with Canadian Universities that the Canadians don't want to attend and play hockey there? [sorta like Canadians want to come to the States for medical care rather than wait for months for the free stuff in Canada?]

Thoughts?
          TO bbtt:
          This is the post I have been refering to all along.

You said in an earlier post:
          I have never read a single thread that said there should be no Canadians playing in the US for D1 schools.
          [/B] Well here it is!
          (Again, the extremism is laughable.)
          Not so extreme I guess.
          Simply stated I think it is a ridiculous post! If that makes you crazy then so be it.
          Last edited by UCONN FAN; 05-04-2010, 08:19 AM.
          Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

UCONN FAN: Why do you hate Colie Campbell? I agree about getting rid of Bettman. No non-athlete should be allowed to run any professional league. He looks ridiculous when he goes onthe ice. Colin Campbell though I have the upmost respect for -- he at least played the game and has brought the game to new better levels with the new rules, along with the head of refs. Some of the referees are getting too old and should retire but I suspect that would be discriminatory.

Comment

Originally posted by live4hockey View Post
              UCONN FAN: Why do you hate Colie Campbell? I agree about getting rid of Bettman. No non-athlete should be allowed to run any professional league. He looks ridiculous when he goes onthe ice. Colin Campbell though I have the upmost respect for -- he at least played the game and has brought the game to new better levels with the new rules, along with the head of refs. Some of the referees are getting too old and should retire but I suspect that would be discriminatory.
              I hate him because of the way he choses to enforce the rules. He is not consistant at all his judgements. I think pro hockey would better off without him.
              Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
                I hate him because of the way he choses to enforce the rules. He is not consistant at all his judgements. I think pro hockey would better off without him.
                The person you want for Colin's job is the OHL person, Branch. OHL has the best and most consistent discipline enforcement methods. They have lead in this area by example for years. Many of their early adopted procedures were eventually adopted in the NHL and AHL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Branch
                Last edited by OnMAA; 05-04-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  The person you want for Colin's job is the OHL person, Branch. OHL has the best and most consistent discipline enforcement methods. They have lead in this area by example for years. Many of their early adopted procedures were eventually adopted in the NHL and AHL.

I'll take anyone but Colin.
                  Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

While Branch is a good man, it's a whole different ball of wax, the OHL and the NHL. Money....

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                      While Branch is a good man, it's a whole different ball of wax, the OHL and the NHL. Money....
                      I think what we are looking for is consistency. Branch has proven time and time again to be tough and consistent.

If money sways the decision making for discipline, than the system is in trouble period, no matter who is in charge.

Comment

If at all possible, the show must go on. That's the reality.

Comment

I excerpted the following from the link above......

"David E. Branch (born November 27, 1948 in Bathurst, New Brunswick) has served as the Commissioner of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) since September 15, 1979, and as the President of the Canadian Hockey League since 1996............Branch attended the University of Massachusetts on a hockey scholarship."

Anyone else find this humorous?
                          Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

"David E. Branch (born November 27, 1948 in Bathurst, New Brunswick) has served as the Commissioner of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) since September 15, 1979, and as the President of the Canadian Hockey League since 1996............Branch attended the University of Massachusetts on a hockey scholarship."

Ya..funny. He learned how to play hockey in Canada (at least I hope he did or this is all shot to hell) and he got a scholarship in the States. Great accomplishment!

Comment

What? Seems pretty typical to me.

What I find ridiculous, is that Bettman heads up the NHL and doesn't know the first thing about hockey. He's an American who came to the game from basketball. How is he remotely qualified? Not only that but he's a pompous windbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                                What I find ridiculous............... He's an American ...................he's a pompous windbag.
                                Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just want to be sure you're ONLY talking about Bettman? LOL There isn't some hidden anti-American sentiment here, is there?
                                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Working...
                                X