Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East-WCHA Challenge

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    If you are going by 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, etc. matchups. UND and UMD would be flipped around. So UND vs. Maine and UMD vs. Lowell.
    That's correct. My bad. I will let ESPN know.

Comment

I think that would be a really cool event. That way all this nonsense about Hockey East being superior would be put to rest.
      A Badger living in Buckeye country.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich
      He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
      "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

It would be great -- but it didn't work (too expensive, dwindling attendance) in the '80s and likely wouldn't today either.

Comment

Cancer vs. AIDS
          Frank "the Rug" vs. Bob Norton
          Stupid Ideas vs. Not going to happen
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
            I think that would be a really cool event. That way all this nonsense about Hockey East being superior would be put to rest.
            *****http://www.freewebs.com/johnbronze/blankrly-full%5B1%5D.jpg******
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              Well NoDak will be at Maine in October. Big early season series esp for Maine.
              Oct 22 and 23, Maine at Michigan St the weekend before
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                UNH has been lucky in recent years to get UND, Minni, CC, etc to come east. With UNH playing at Wisco this past year they must be on the radar to come to Durham in the near future.
                Wisco went to BC and UNH to start the 2009 season. BC raised their 2008 championship banner before the UW-BC game, then proceeded to beat UW something like 5-3 I think.

I remember reading that UNH's unsuccessful trip to Madison this past year was "payback" for UW for the loss UNH inflicted on them the prior year. And, IIRC, that loss (or any other, really) was the reason UW finished something like 0.003 behind someone in the RPI, thus flipping a PWR and putting UW as the first team out of the 2009-2010 tourney.

I also think I remember reading that one reason Bucky gave up the Bank One Badger after last year was to open up two more NC slots - sounds like trips out east may be more common.

Comment

Originally posted by glazewsr View Post
                  Wisco went to BC and UNH to start the 2009 season. BC raised their 2008 championship banner before the UW-BC game, then proceeded to beat UW something like 5-3 I think.

I remember reading that UNH's unsuccessful trip to Madison this past year was "payback" for UW for the loss UNH inflicted on them the prior year. And, IIRC, that loss (or any other, really) was the reason UW finished something like 0.003 behind someone in the RPI, thus flipping a PWR and putting UW as the first team out of the 2009-2010 tourney.

I also think I remember reading that one reason Bucky gave up the Bank One Badger after last year was to open up two more NC slots - sounds like trips out east may be more common.
                  Somehow I had forgotten that game happened.

I was at the game - haven't missed a home game since my wife messed up her back for the CC series a couple years back and I had to watch on the tube. But I have no memory of that game...
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

It's a propos that MSUM would be coming to PC. That's the only team from that conference who is even aware of the existence of this city...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      It's a propos that MSUM would be coming to PC. That's the only team from that conference who is even aware of the existence of this city...
                      Back in the day the Sioux went there a fair amount and usually came back with a national championship.

Comment

Reminds me of the 1980s interlocking schedule between the WCHA and Hockey East, where all teams played each other once a year (alternating either home or away each year) and the games counted in the standings.

That development was a great thing for college hockey

By the way Denver opens its season at UVM for a two game series next year.

And BC comes to Denver for a two game series in October to open DU's home schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          If you guys didn't completely suck I'm sure UND would be happy to travel to your podunk little establishment.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Funny I was thinking of suggesting this.... something similar to the ACC / Big 10 challenge...

Any idea how the scheduling for that is done in Basketball?

Comment

Originally posted by glazewsr View Post
                              And, IIRC, that loss (or any other, really) was the reason UW finished something like 0.003 behind someone in the RPI, thus flipping a PWR and putting UW as the first team out of the 2009-2010 tourney.
                              Wait, wasn't Wisco technically the last team out? (And it had nothing to do with the RPI or PWR.)
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Funny I was thinking of suggesting this.... something similar to the ACC / Big 10 challenge...

Any idea how the scheduling for that is done in Basketball?
                                They just kind of throw interesting games together. It's great because it creates matchups you haven't seen in a while. Of course with hockey having far fewer teams it wouldn't be as rare, but it would give some opportunities for interesting matchups, or bring some big time programs to some schools that might not ever see them, like the propose BU-St Cloud game, and the Sioux-Lowell game, with both latter teams hosting.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X