Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2010 Miami offseason thread: 3rd times a charm??? maybe???

Looking forward to pitching a tent and spending a lovely evening outdoors for February 4th and 5th. Couldn't they have scheduled Miami/Michigan in early November for us students?

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
      Looking forward to pitching a tent and spending a lovely evening outdoors for February 4th and 5th. Couldn't they have scheduled Miami/Michigan in early November for us students?
      Would take all the fun out of it. Get a beer coat and bring on the cold .

Comment

I'm surprised Miami is scheduling UNH at home and not trying to schedule Boston College. Those two teams have developed a interesting rivalry lately (albeit one sided), but I think they should take the opportunity and try and get a home/home series. It would be great for college hockey.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          I'm surprised Miami is scheduling UNH at home and not trying to schedule Boston College. Those two teams have developed a interesting rivalry lately (albeit one sided), but I think they should take the opportunity and try and get a home/home series. It would be great for college hockey.
          UNH in Oxford is the 2nd part of a home and home but maybe in the near future that could happen. I would love to see BC come to town.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
            Well then hype up the UNH series and pitch a tent for that lol it will be somewhat warmer out. Dec. 3rd and 4th against ND could be a big one too.

I think getting a non conference series against BC would be fantastic. Could be in the works next year. Schedules are put in place atleast a year or two in advance for non conference.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              Well then hype up the UNH series and pitch a tent for that lol it will be somewhat warmer out. Dec. 3rd and 4th against ND could be a big one too.
              This is this Miami student body we are talking about here. Don't get too carried away

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                This is this Miami student body we are talking about here. Don't get too carried away
                Not sure that makes any sense.....
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Not sure that makes any sense.....
                  Miami's student body doesn't get hyped up for anything. Weren't even filling up the student section the section half of the season this year because now its just old hat. As a whole we are quite an apathetic bunch.

Michigan being the exception as it is a big name and as most students are OSU football fans so they have a strong rooting interest. But outside the 400-500 direhard students nothing will be a reason for the average student to camp out for another game. Unless like BC comes to town.
                  Last edited by MUhawks628; 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Wow. We couldn't get anything worked out to continue the OhSU series home/home? Lame.

Comment

Miami's student body doesn't get hyped up for anything. Weren't even filling up the student section the section half of the season this year because now its just old hat. As a whole we are quite an apathetic bunch.

Michigan being the exception as it is a big name and as most students are OSU football fans so they have a strong rooting interest. But outside the 400-500 direhard students nothing will be a reason for the average student to camp out for another game. Unless like BC comes to town.
                      Gotcha, it will happen. Attendance was still pretty solid. Get more now for a game against lake st. than in the mid 90's.

Comment

Also this went under the radar but is worth noting.

Congrats to Matt Cady, he was promoted to Director of hockey operations to replace Nick Petragglia who was promoted to assistant. This is another george gwozdecky product as he was a grad assistant under gwoz after finishing his playing career at miami. I believe he will still be the strength coach as well. Really happy for Matt, he's a great guy and deserves the opportunity.

Comment

Gotcha, it will happen. Attendance was still pretty solid. Get more now for a game against lake st. than in the mid 90's.
                          I guess to be fair to the casual student fans RMU, WMU, LSSU & UNO are not exactly the sexiest match ups, just seemed like wanning attendance since they were all stung together the second part of the year. Before Christmas the lines were out the door by 4:30 for every game but it is safe to say that MSU, ND, and SCSU are easier draws.

Comment

I guess to be fair to the casual student fans RMU, WMU, LSSU & UNO are not exactly the sexiest match ups, just seemed like wanning attendance since they were all stung together the second part of the year. Before Christmas the lines were out the door by 4:30 for every game but it is safe to say that MSU, ND, and SCSU are easier draws.
                            Well for sure. Not sure how Western and BG will draw but would think it would be enough for the students to come see two former coaches. I wonder if the fact that Miami ran away with the conference had anything to do with it. Didn't think student attendacne was all that bad, nothing to worry about IMO.

Comment

Well for sure. Not sure how Western and BG will draw but would think it would be enough for the students to come see two former coaches. I wonder if the fact that Miami ran away with the conference had anything to do with it. Didn't think student attendacne was all that bad, nothing to worry about IMO.
                              It wasnt bad per say, more just a relative lack of enthusiasm. People sitting down at games, showing up 10 minutes before wristbands ect. ect. Just not the same as it was at the start of the year. Running away with the CCHA probably contributed but at least for me that isn't a reason to be less excited about games.
                              Last edited by MUhawks628; 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

It wasnt bad per say, more just a relative lack of enthusiasm. People sitting down at games, showing up 10 minutes before wristbands ect. ect. Just not the same as it was at the start of the year. Running away with the CCHA probably contributed but at least for me that isn't a reason to be less excited about games.
                                Your point is valid. Have you thoughts about forming a student organization centered around events to help promote and hype games around campus? Might be a way to get more students involved and excited and even more aware about other teams that don't have name power.

Comment

Working...
                                X