X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Didn't BC thrash their 2008 foes by a combined 11-2 in the FF?
    actually 10-2 but point taken and 22-3 total over their last two FF's
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 06-11-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I saw in the Globe the other day that BC football renewed its series with Notre Dame, but there was no mention of renewing the hockey with it. Have you guys heard anything about that? Wouldn't that affect your OOC game schedule over the next few years?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I saw in the Globe the other day that BC football renewed its series with Notre Dame, but there was no mention of renewing the hockey with it. Have you guys heard anything about that? Wouldn't that affect your OOC game schedule over the next few years?
        Who knows... BC is very quiet about their scheduling. We rarely do football without the hockey game the night before. Obviously it happens here and there. But I think both schools like the game. It's good for Notre Dame being that they get to play the top program in the country, and I think good for us as well. It certainly does help get the campus going for the next day. Unfortunately, we haven't done well against them lately save for last year's game and the 08 title game.

Even if something was to get signed, if BC were to sign something for a hockey series with them, we'd never know about it. BC never released that stuff before and probably won't now.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Looking forward to the season openers at DU. That's the last thing I need, an excuse to go to Colorado.
          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Who knows... BC is very quiet about their scheduling. We rarely do football without the hockey game the night before. Obviously it happens here and there. But I think both schools like the game. It's good for Notre Dame being that they get to play the top program in the country, and I think good for us as well. It certainly does help get the campus going for the next day. Unfortunately, we haven't done well against them lately save for last year's game and the 08 title game.

Even if something was to get signed, if BC were to sign something for a hockey series with them, we'd never know about it. BC never released that stuff before and probably won't now.
            but why the secrecy about the schedule ? i understand them being close lipped on most of the things they are close lipped about (trolley incident for one) but a schedule?.............and yeah, we win most of the football games now and lose most of the hockey (except the biggie ) go figure

Comment

any other students get the email about potentially moving the student sections from behind the goals to the upper deck? what do you guys all think? Im in favor of it since we would be louder if we were united and not separated by the thick glass, but the view from right behind the net in the first few rows is pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by tomwarns View Post
                any other students get the email about potentially moving the student sections from behind the goals to the upper deck? what do you guys all think? Im in favor of it since we would be louder if we were united and not separated by the thick glass, but the view from right behind the net in the first few rows is pretty amazing.
                Which big donor called up and asked for season tickets behind a goal?

Comment

With the students not sitting in the lower bowl, BC can more easily raise prices in those sections. Which seems rather silly since they sell out very few home games as it is (even some of the big ones).
                  Boston College Eagles
                  NCAA Champions
                  1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

I am absolutely in favor of moving the student section. First of all, our chants are completely deadened by the glass. Many of the students have never sat in the balcony before, and thus do not understand that the atmosphere is 10,000,000 times better. A dozen people in the balcony can make more noise on the ice than a full section behind the net.

Second off, dividing the student section into two (three if you count the small contingent already in the balcony) completely erases any chance of cohesiveness between the students. When the two sides combine on a chant, it rarely is done at the same time and therefore sounds incredibly poor.

Best case scenario would be to unite us behind one goal, but that would entail displacing many of you season-ticket holders, so athletics isn't willing to risk losing those Flynn Fund donations

Some people have argued that attendance will decrease if the move is made, but giving students seats on the court hasn't done much for bouncyball, has it? A change in seating will not change attendance.

All in all I think this is one of the best ideas athletics has come up with to improve the atmosphere at hockey games in a long time.
                    ...At life. And Goaltending. BC '11

Tried to draft Jerry York in the first round of fantasy hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by eetzasqueed View Post
                      All in all I think this is one of the best ideas athletics has come up with to improve the atmosphere at hockey games in a long time.
                      Which is funny because the student section used to be together in the balcony/upper deck in 2001 (maybe even a couple years after that).

No idea why it was ever changed.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Which is funny because the student section used to be together in the balcony/upper deck in 2001 (maybe even a couple years after that).

No idea why it was ever changed.
                        I remember going to games when I was younger, when the student section was all in the balcony, and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. They changed it in '04, I think, because kids wanted to be closer to the ice. Obviously didn't think that one through...I'm glad it potentially may be moved back.

Comment

I'm encouraged that the athletic department at least is thinking about ways to improve the atmosphere at the hockey games......

Comment

GDF hopefully leaves the hockey program alone.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              Which big donor called up and asked for season tickets behind a goal?
                              As funny as that sounds it may be a situation where they plan on expanding Donor Based Seating and they need room in the lower bowl to move those displaced from their blue line seats.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                                As funny as that sounds it may be a situation where they plan on expanding Donor Based Seating and they need room in the lower bowl to move those displaced from their blue line seats.
                                Word on the street is that the idea was brought up by a few students, not the administration. What I'm more impressed with is that they're actually listening to what the students have to say. And if they can make some extra money off of it, I guess it's a win/win.

Comment

Working...
                                X