Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason Thread: Basking in the glow.. again

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Trust me when i tell you their long term goal is NHL, not a varsity sweater
    Captain Obvious has arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Maybe you're the one who should let it go. What kind of twisted logic says hokydad wasn't wrong after saying it was a FACT that one player has/would be signing?
      Is "would be" up yet??

Comment

Is "would be" up yet??
        Fair enough, provided you're talking about a specific player (I assume Atkinson). Or are you just waiting for any player to sign so you can fall back on your prediction since you never gave a name to begin with?

Bottom line: were you or were you not talking about Cam Atkinson?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Fair enough, provided you're talking about a specific player (I assume Atkinson). Or are you just waiting for any player to sign so you can fall back on your prediction since you never gave a name to begin with?

Bottom line: were you or were you not talking about Cam Atkinson?
          OG, i appreciate the fact that he didn't include the name. it's all a message board anyhows, but in a weird way he preserved the anonymity of the kid. if the kid changes his mind, it's not out that 'He' wanted to leave or thought about leaving. if after the fact 'He' talks to a newspaper and lets out his almost leaving, that is up to 'Him'.

if hokydad wants to come out and say, "i know something you don't know and i'm not telling... la la lala la." then it's flaky.. but he didn't do that.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

We'll agree to disagree. I just don't think you should bring it up if you're not going to say the name and/or source, but as you said, that's message board esque.
            Last edited by J.D.; 06-01-2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

sure.

now is anyone going to the cleary thing saturday night? i am 80/20 going at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                sure.

now is anyone going to the cleary thing saturday night? i am 80/20 going at this point.
                I'm scheduled to. My wife is ill but she wants me to get out.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Hayes Aims To Follow Big Brother's Footsteps

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    I'm scheduled to. My wife is ill but she wants me to get out.
                    i'm sorry to read this ... but i understand her desire.

Comment

Rising star Kreider does nothing but win

Kreider 2009-10 Game-by-Game Review

Comment

Anyone hear of Shane Daugherty?
                        http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/dail.../s_685178.html

Not sure if he's talking about the D1 or the club team. BC has done well with kids from that area though.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

A big congrats goes out to Paul Vincent, the skating and full time skills coach with the Chicago Blackhawks. It was nice to see him raising the cup last night.

Paul started his coaching career with BC about 30 years ago, won a natl championship at RPI and almost won a cup with Tampa. An amazing coach and person who shows how prehistoric the NHL still thinks.

Can you imagine how few teams have a skills guy? It would be like Tiger Woods not having a swing coach.

He works with Jimmy and Kevin Hayes, Billy Arnold , Chris Kreider and a lot of the Hockey East kids all summer long.

Comment

Hoky, I always wondered where Kreider learned to skate like this. Is this the guy you would say it most responsible for his off-the-charts skating ability? Or is it someone else that you would say is more responsible for it (or is it just a natural talent that Kreider has?)?
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Paul Vincent has been the God of power skating for the last 35 years. His camps not only helped kids with skating, but he wasn't afraid to demand hard work out of kids during off ice training as well. (probably wouldn't fly with parents these days) As a kid, the camps were grueling and tough, but the kids who persevered, went on to do big things in college and the pros. Since joining the pro ranks, his exposure has waned, but during the 80's he was THE man of power skating.

Great to see him still having success. He has gone through some tough times throughout his life, but the one constant has been his ability to motivate and teach kids to be better skaters and hockey players. He has proven himself at every level.

Comment

Can you imagine how few teams have a skills guy? It would be like Tiger Woods not having a swing coach.
                                Umm, actually Tiger Woods doesn't have a swing coach........just saying.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X